Royal Caribbean ships are departing Sydney tonight!!

Royal Caribbean ships are departing Sydney tonight! (4th April 2020), so far Voyager Of The Seas, Radiance of The Seas and Spectrum Of The Seas have all left town! :O

I am currently tracking those 3 and seeing what Ovation of the Seas and Celebrity Solstice does.

Will post more when I know more.....

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

It is a shame and if they go to North America in the peak of the crisis we will not see them back for a very long time.

If you look here https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ America is sadly climbing the ladder in death toll and infections really fast. It is going to be way out of control like we have never seen before. They will not be leaving their country for a very long time.

I do not know where the Royal Caribbean ships are likely to go. Spectrum of the Seas has listed Bali as its destination on Marine Traffic.

Where will they lay the ships up at ???  in India or will they have a passage crew taken them to the US or somewhere else Norway for example in some fiord

Regards

John

I thought Phillipines would be on the itinerary for the crew drop off, plenty of Filipinos on the ships as well as Indians and Indonesians, lot of Eastern Europeans as well.  Could end up in a World Cruise, crew only.

Singapore is the major air hub, go anywhere in the world from there, so take the crews there by ship drop them off fly them home and do the deep clean stuff in Singapore.

Edited by NSWP

15 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I thought Phillipines would be on the itinerary for the crew drop off, plenty of Filipinos on the ships as well as Indians and Indonesians, lot of Eastern Europeans as well.  Could end up in a World Cruise, crew only.

Singapore is the major air hub, go anywhere in the world from there, so take the crews there by ship drop them off fly them home and do the deep clean stuff in Singapore.

RCI moved the crews onto different ships so each one will go to a different country, rather than having several ships follow each other. I didn't bother to note down which ship is going to which home country

35 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Except it's not any more. Singapore put a ban on arrivals and transits, so as a result Singapore air has basically shut down aside from 5 local routes to Beijing, shanghai and a couple of other places. 

There is some patchy outbound access including the above, but nothing to Europe for example. At this point, Tokyo is probably the best connected location in Asia for outbound travel.