Hyatt Centric Las Olas

BlueHerons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nhraformula00 said:

So how are the beds, soft or firm? Food any good? Cost of shuttles to the port? Inquiring minds want to know. Gorgeous does not do anything for me. Im old with arthritis.

Go to the hotel's web site and you will find the information about shuttle cost. Food is subjective as is bed comfort.

Darcy

2 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

So how are the beds, soft or firm? Food any good? Cost of shuttles to the port? Inquiring minds want to know. Gorgeous does not do anything for me. Im old with arthritis.

As a product, Hyatt Centric has memory foam beds.

Why would you eat at the hotel when 25 fantastic restaurants are within steps of the restaurant?

This hotel looks very enticing for our pre cruise hotel in March 2021 (provided there will be cruising in March 2021!). Hopefully we can stay away from spring breakers since it's more city than beach/ocean. Does anyone know if there is a place (Publix, etc.) to buy a bottle or two of wine for the cruise nearby? 

• 3 months later...
On 5/11/2020 at 6:23 PM, casandbliz said:

This hotel looks very enticing for our pre cruise hotel in March 2021 (provided there will be cruising in March 2021!). Hopefully we can stay away from spring breakers since it's more city than beach/ocean. Does anyone know if there is a place (Publix, etc.) to buy a bottle or two of wine for the cruise nearby? 

On 17th Street there is a Publix and a WineSpot store.....plus TJ Maxx and other shopping..... Even though the hotels on 17th street are expensive, I'm considering it because of the distance to all these things to do the night before the cruise

1 hour ago, beccaewert said:

On 17th Street there is a Publix and a WineSpot store.....plus TJ Maxx and other shopping..... Even though the hotels on 17th street are expensive, I'm considering it because of the distance to all these things to do the night before the cruise

A small clarification:  the wine store is called Total Wine.  Publix, TJ Maxx and Total Wine are all located in the Harbor Shops shopping center directly behind the Embassy Suites.  The Hyatt Place Cruise Port (1851 SE 10th Ave) is right next to the Harbor Shops. 

Edited by capriccio

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

the wine store is called Total Wine. 

This is the best wine store company that I have ever patronized.  If they don't have what one is looking for, it is likely not available in the United States.  And, their prices!  Reasonable!!!!

• 3 months later...
On 4/6/2020 at 5:14 PM, BlueHerons said:

There is a brand new hotel on Las Olas Boulevard for the first time in decades, the new Hyatt Centric Las Olas.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-centric-las-olas-fort-lauderdale/fllct/dining

It is open for business.

Yes, this hotel is awesome about how far is it down Las Olas from the Elbo Room? I tried to get an idea but couldn't quite figure it out. 

I really like staying on the beach I could Uber it or walk it if it wasn't that far from the beach. 

This hotel seems more corporate but would be an awesome stay on vacation also. 

Approx distance from the Hyatt Centric to the beach? Thank you

On 8/21/2020 at 4:47 PM, rkacruiser said:

This is the best wine store company that I have ever patronized.  If they don't have what one is looking for, it is likely not available in the United States.  And, their prices!  Reasonable!!!!

Total Wines Everybody's favorite wine stop before getting on the ship for year's. 

You can get on their awesome website, it's very extensive order your wine, it will be sitting on the counter for you to pick up on the way to your hotel. Flash your ID at one of the cashier's your out the door, taxi fare didn't kill you, and your having a nice glass of vino in just minutes.

For those of us with layovers in ATL we can place our wine order during our layover, pick it up 3 hours later on our way to our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale only way to go. 

Or, OR you can choose to stay at that crummy Hyatt Place, walk across the parking lot pick up your wine order, go back to your room get hammered and do nothing. NO BEACH.🤔🙃😉

21 hours ago, TTEllis said:

You can get on their awesome website, it's very extensive order your wine, it will be sitting on the counter for you to pick up on the way to your hotel. Flash your ID at one of the cashier's your out the door, taxi fare didn't kill you, and your having a nice glass of vino in just minutes.

Thanks for the idea!  I appreciate that.  

2 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for the idea!  I appreciate that.  

Certainly, I gotta have a bottle or two of something in my hotel room when I get to FLL and so should you!!😉

The shopping center its on the way to whatever hotel I happen to be staying in.

Really wish we had a set-up like Total Wine here, no we have to go in Walgreens and stand in line with some dicey folks does nothing for me.

I don't fly sober it's a personal policy, so when we land in FLL chances are I'm on a roll and trying to stay on a roll until I can get to the bar at the hotel or any other bar for that matter. Stopping by Total Wine after leaving the airport keeps the ball rolling. It's my vacation remember.😁

That place has never failed me. A really nice welcome back to FLL everytime. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Really wish we had a set-up like Total Wine here, no we have to go in Walgreens

Nor does Ohio.  Our chain grocery stores and drug stores do have a selection of wines, but nothing like Total Wine.  No liquor is sold by them, however.  Ohio does have individual stores that sell a wide variety of alcoholic beverages; more than just a carry-out, since some have deli departments and even wine and beer tastings.  When Governor DeWine "locked us down" earlier this year, these stores were deemed to be "essential businesses" and were not impacted.  (Our Governor has his priorities straight!😁)

Where I live, some like to "break Ohio's liquor laws" and will travel to Indiana or Kentucky to obtain alcohol.  More inexpensive, I have been told.  Not worth to me whatever the savings may be because of the expense of gasoline and my time.  Plus, if an Ohio liquor agent observes you doing so, what you saved on your bottle of Jack Daniels will quickly become history.  (And, that does happen.)  

There's a Great wine and liquor store just south of Charlotte off the Carowinds I-77 exit, it's been there for YEARS, it's called Frugal McDugal's. They have very competitive prices and a great selection. Just a heads up.

Total Wine, I found has one of the most extensive Napa Valley Chardonnay selection's I've ever seen. I'm a big fan of a stiff Napa Valley Chardonnay, it's a problem. 

Nothing worse NOTHING, than taking a sip of Chardonnay and there's nothing there or the grape runs off on you. It's terrible, you don't have that problem I found anyway with Napa Valley grapes, the selection at Total Wine never fails me.

Ohio I'm right next door, your governor Mike DeWine is doing an awesome job under very difficult circumstances. Our governor is too busy eating, I'll leave it at that. Thanks Todd

Btw my aunt and uncle are up in Toledo, they've been prisoner's in there basement for the last 6 months. My Uncle John he won't let my Aunt who's a biscuit shy of 400 lbs. leave the basement, she gets a sniffle much less Corona it's a wrap. 

On 12/5/2020 at 5:52 PM, TTEllis said:

Yes, this hotel is awesome about how far is it down Las Olas from the Elbo Room? I tried to get an idea but couldn't quite figure it out. 

I really like staying on the beach I could Uber it or walk it if it wasn't that far from the beach. 

This hotel seems more corporate but would be an awesome stay on vacation also. 

Approx distance from the Hyatt Centric to the beach? Thank you

Three miles or so.  It's a hike.

On 5/11/2020 at 6:23 PM, casandbliz said:

Publix is set to open Greenwise, their version of an organic grocery store to complete with Whole Foods on Las Olas Boulevard in the next couple of months.

https://www.cre-sources.com/greenwise-market-signs-lease-at-the-main-las-olas-for-first-store-in-downtown-fort-lauderdale/

21 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Ohio I'm right next door, your governor Mike DeWine is doing an awesome job under very difficult circumstances. Our governor is too busy eating, I'll leave it at that. Thanks Todd

Re:  Governor DeWine, I agree with your assessment.  However, some of the Neanderthals in our General Assembly disagree.  They want to impeach the man.  

Re:  your assessment of Governor Justice--🤣

22 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Chardonnay

I enjoy a good unoaked Chardonnay.  

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Re:  Governor DeWine, I agree with your assessment.  However, some of the Neanderthals in our General Assembly disagree.  They want to impeach the man.  

Re:  your assessment of Governor Justice--🤣

I enjoy a good unoaked Chardonnay.  

Mike DeWine is as good as it gets. The guy LOVES Ohio with his heart and anyone can tell it. 

Gov. Justice LOVES West Virginia, he just loves drive thru's a whole lot more, one things certainly for sure you couldn't tell it by looking at him.😳

YES!!! Unoaked Chardonnay, thank you!!

Btw I'm anything but a wine connissuer actually I'm more your typical at home wino(oughta see my mom🤪) I just really enjoy a nice glass of a good Chardonnay in a nice environment, that's why I go to Ft. Lauderdale and get on fabulous cruise ships.....or stay home 😉. Thanks

• Like 1