CLUB SUITES- NCL changing Minis?

Sand and Seas

5 minutes ago, Freeholder said:

I am pretty sure it won't continue but Breakaway for next April only lost the 280 OBC when the promotion ended yesterday.

Yes, I checked a couple of the cruises I had already booked and prices are same today but without the OBC.

Glad I called and got the OBC added on for those cruises.  

I'm booked in a mini suite/club balcony suite on Encore in April 2021. The base price today is $729 higher than when I booked a few weeks ago using the FCC from my April 2020 cruise. FWIW, when I booked they were having a "30% off" sale. Obviously the math does not line up. 😂

I don't like the new name at all as I still think it implies things that aren't actually the case. Not only are they not "suites," but booking one doesn't grant access to any type of "club." I think "deluxe balcony" is probably the closest to being an accurate description.

Edited by LisaLisa87
  • Like 3

• I received an email today from NCL regarding the name change and the date it will take effect. October, 4, 2020,  Not all ships are changing on the same date.
  • I am sailing, or at least planning to sail on the Breakaway on October 30,2020,   if I recall correctly I am in a non Haven Spa suite which includes a bottle of wine, a bag of clothes  to be washed and I think free access to one of the Spa Rooms to relax in.
  • I did not see any mention of a butler or a consigure but I did not recall anyone listed when I made the reservation over a year ago.
  • I did not see anything taken away since I booked so long ago like a lose of a pay meal like what would happen if you booked now or in the near future.

• I contacted my NCL PCC yesterday because I was thinking about cacelling the reservation and go to Iowa where my mother, her sister and their mother are buried,   The PCC told me to wait till July 2 before I canceled the reservation due to the fact that if I did cancel yesterday and rebooked today the price would go up due to a rise of the cost to cruise which I agreed to since if I did go to Iowa it would not be until September.
  •  
  • Above are just my thoughts that I though I would pass along since it looks like the price stays the same and you may get a little more, another bag of laundry  to be done for free since I get one bag done for free being a Plat, Lat, member  which I will use since it is a 10 day cruise.

Has NCL lost its mind?
They are not sailing and have no idea when sailing will begin.

They are behind in refunds to the point people are freaking out

Customers are worried they wont get to use their FCC.

Yet, the are focusing on changing names of rooms and increasing the costs on mini suites and the concierge class cabins on Joy. Really?  It just shows how out of touch they are and where their priorities are.

Oh yeah…..they removed one specialty restaurant from the "free" at sea offers too.

GOOD JOB FDR AND NCL
You really know how to run a company!

Wait till the Haven on the Joy is over run with concierge class cabins LOL
Maybe this is a good time to re-offer the option to buy dinners in the Haven again 🙂

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

.....Oh yeah…..they removed one specialty restaurant from the "free" at sea offers too....

Can you let us know what specialty restaurant has been removed?

(I tried to find something on NCL, but you know they don't always get it updated!)

36 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Can you let us know what specialty restaurant has been removed?

(I tried to find something on NCL, but you know they don't always get it updated!)

They didn't remove an actual restaurant - they just changed the 3 dinners at specialty restaurants that you used to get as one of the perks to only 2 dinners.

10 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

They didn't remove an actual restaurant - they just changed the 3 dinners at specialty restaurants that you used to get as one of the perks to only 2 dinners.

I missed that one. When did the change go into effect? I just looked for the info on NCL’s site and it was kind of hidden. When I tried a mock booking, I didn’t see any indication of how many dinners were included with the perk. Here are the details:

Specialty Dining Package

Sail Length # Of Dining
Package Meals
Retail Value 20% Gratuities
3-5 Nights 1 $44.95 per person $8.99 per package
6-8 Nights 2 $79 per person $15.80 per package
9-10 Nights 3 $99 per person $19.80 per package
11-14 Nights 4 $114 per person $22.80 per package
15+ Nights 5 $129 per person $25.80 per package

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.
Dining package is applicable to guest ages 2 and older.
Package prices are subject to change.
Guest is responsible for 20% gratuities on the retail value of the Specialty Dining Package prior to cruise.

14 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

Oh, I get it now!  Just read it the other way🤔

3 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I missed that one. When did the change go into effect? I just looked for the info on NCL’s site and it was kind of hidden. When I tried a mock booking, I didn’t see any indication of how many dinners were included with the perk. Here are the details:

This change happened today too.  Plus, all the additional OBC that had been an added promo for the last little while is gone.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Freeholder said:

Any idea on how this bottle of sparkling wine is combined with the latitudes reward sparkling wine? Are they delivered on different days? I know we don't know from Norwegian yet but I am wondering if there is a standard practice on other cruise lines when rewards overlap.

Its all delivered on embarkation day, mostly.

When I was on Escape a few months ago, I had 2 bottles of wine + chocolate covered strawberries-  1 wine for Latitudes, and 1 for my Partners First/Travel agent amenity + the chocos.

I don't think we drank them because we all had the beverage plan.

18 minutes ago, haolenate said:

Its all delivered on embarkation day, mostly.

When I was on Escape a few months ago, I had 2 bottles of wine + chocolate covered strawberries-  1 wine for Latitudes, and 1 for my Partners First/Travel agent amenity + the chocos.

I don't think we drank them because we all had the beverage plan.

Thank you

12 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Has NCL lost its mind?

Yet, the are focusing on changing names of rooms and increasing the costs on mini suites and the concierge class cabins on Joy. Really?  It just shows how out of touch they are and where their priorities are.

Oh yeah…..they removed one specialty restaurant from the "free" at sea offers too.

GOOD JOB FDR AND NCL

Maybe this is a good time to re-offer the option to buy dinners in the Haven again 🙂

Their next advertising should be Marie Antoinette saying “Let them eat cake”. They won’t be known to nickel and dime anymore its going to beg dollars and more dollars. Assuming they survive

• Like 2

On 4/11/2020 at 4:03 AM, mianmike said:

I don't know what the new "Club Suites" will all entail, but I bet a price increase is included.  

Maybe add some perks?  Concierge service?  Early boarding privileges?   

has anyone found out what you get with the Club suites formerly known as mini suites LOL..i can't see you get anything different....

6 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thank you.

hmmm thanks but no thanks. Unless their next step is to take away our free laundry as Platinum plus people, free sparkling wine, the strawberries, booking a " club suite" is not worth it to us....I agree with what someone else said on here, their priorities are really out of touch...

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Has NCL lost its mind?

GOOD JOB FDR AND NCL

hear hear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

has anyone found out what you get with the Club suites formerly known as mini suites LOL..i can't see you get anything different....

A couple of extras, not much different if you are already Platinum:

Our new Club Balcony suites will feature a variety of onboard amenities including: 
• Ability to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining beginning at 125 days prior to sailing • Delivery of a food and beverage amenity twice per sailing • 1 laundry bag or pressing service per sailing • 1 bottle of sparkling wine

On 4/15/2020 at 1:10 PM, Isabella Benjamin said:

I booked my cruise in November and it's designated a Club Balcony Suite and the current price is just over $500 more per person.  It was that high last week when I took a look.  

I've been watching the prices of Balcony and Club (Mini) across the last couple of months for 3 different ships & dates.

Although prices are higher now for Club, they are also roughly the same amount higher for Balcony so I don't see that they raised the prices on Club Suites due to the increased (?) amenities.    Just seems to be at the level of prices they were before they did the '30% off all cruises' pricing😉

• Like 1

Last October we stayed in an owner’s suite on the Sky for a five day sailing. We received the regular sparkling wine for being platinum and a better quality bottle for the suite. Both were in the room when we got there. BTW, we got two meals for the dinning package and two for being platinum. Now only one on five day for dinning package.