Now for something completely different

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Is your Voltaren the gel or tablets? The get is gentler on the body.

Tablets. I've never used Voltaren before. Just wanted something to tide me over 'till I see the doc tomorrow. I usually take Panamax. One box would last me a year.

Just now, lyndarra said:

Tablets. I've never used Voltaren before. Just wanted something to tide me over 'till I see the doc tomorrow. I usually take Panamax. One box would last me a year.

Voltaren gel is good. There is instant relief when you rub it on. My husband uses it on his arthritic knees. I have used it on occasions, and it really works instantly.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Voltaren gel is good. There is instant relief when you rub it on. My husband uses it on his arthritic knees. I have used it on occasions, and it really works instantly.

Thanks. I'll see what the doc says. It's pain in a place where I've never had before.

It could be a long consult as she is a new GP to the practice I go to. My previous GP quit last year, possibly burn out. She's now working at Newcastle Uni.

Edited by lyndarra

5 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Thanks. I'll see what the doc says. It's pain in a place where I've never had before.

It could be a long consult as she is a new GP to the practice I go to. My previous GP quit last year, possibly burn out. She's now working at Newcastle Uni.

All the best. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

LOL. I went on Google and printed out the human body drawings used for autopsies and have marked on it all the places where I have aches and pains so's I can remember them all.😨

Did you have pain when you touched all those spots? Perhaps you have a broken finger 😉

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Is your Voltaren the gel or tablets? The get is gentler on the body.

Took the Voltaren tablets yesterday and the pain is gone today. Yippee, I can walk instead of hobble.

Have been to my new doc this morning, she is young and very nice. Came away with a script for a course of Mobic which will, hopefully, settle my bursitis. I can now go back to painting the house and replacing some dry-rotted weather boards - if it doesn't rain.

• Like 2

Just now, lyndarra said:

Took the Voltaren tablets yesterday and the pain is gone today. Yippee, I can walk instead of hobble.

Have been to my new doc this morning, she is young and very nice. Came away with a script for a course of Mobic which will, hopefully, settle my bursitis. I can now go back to painting the house and replacing some dry-rotted weather boards - if it doesn't rain.

Thanks for the report. Voltaren really is good. I suggest you consider buying a tube of the gel. Best of luck with your work on your house.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

That’s really good to hear.

• Thanks 1

So I walked into our local pharmacy to pick up a prescription. I went down the "cookie" aisle. Of course the Tim Tam biscuits were on sale. I have seen them posted on these threads from time to time, so I bought 2 different varieties. Well I'm not sure if that was a good purchase, I can see how they could be habit forming. For now we will keep them as a treat and hope they don't become a problem.😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Have you tried doing the Tim Tam slam yet?

I wouldn't know what that is Mic. We opened the chewy caramel variety and we both quite liked them. We will continue to buy them as treats from time to time, especially when they're on sale.

Thank you Mic. I haven't done the TimTam slam yet. I will try it sometime, I'm guessing the caramel ones won't work that well. Lynn is skeptical. I think the hot beverage could be Hot Chocolate with Bailey's or Amaretto. Why does it feel like you are leading me astray?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thank you Mic. I haven't done the TimTam slam yet. I will try it sometime, I'm guessing the caramel ones won't work that well. Lynn is skeptical. I think the hot beverage could be Hot Chocolate with Bailey's or Amaretto. Why does it feel like you are leading me astray?

It can be addictive, btw, it needs to be done just slow enough to get the fluid into the biscuit, but fast enough so it doesn't  drop into you drink.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It can be addictive, btw, it needs to be done just slow enough to get the fluid into the biscuit, but fast enough so it doesn't  drop into you drink.

It's good to have an experienced coach. I will report on how many attempts it takes before we get it right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

There are a few Cunard fans who drop by from time to time. I think they take a few moments to read the tone of the "different" thread and quickly move on. 🤔

Those Cunarders who drop into this forum, think we are all mad. Lol.

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2023 at 5:08 PM, lyndarra said:

Bought some Voltaren today. I am a very reluctant pill popper.

I may settle for some Sangria that I have in the fridge.

Voltare tabs are good as is the gel,complemented with a big glass of sem chard.amy-schumer-white-wine-huge-glass.jpg.c285ae2f39c421936a48aa4173840321.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1