How we can help Celebrity

Mojogurued

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

I said they must be , inferring they  are   having meetings and this is what they decided was important at this time to ensure the confidence and support of their customers.

...you said. "and this is what they came up" implying they didn't come up with anything else....

Just now, clojacks said:

...you said. "and this is what they came up" implying they didn't come up with anything else....

You are correct.

Perhaps I should have said  " And, one of the ideas " etc, etc

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

" How can WE help Celebrity " ?

2--- There must be Management meetings , Focus Groups, Team meetings, Marketing meetings,  etc, etc, held every day ----   .....  I wonder what their Board of Directors and Shareholders think of this strategy ???

My personal viewpoint is, that Celebrity would be helped by an overhauling of their top management group...from LLP down through whoever signed off on sending ships to sea the day that the "cease, and quit sailing" order was delivered on March 13. Celebrity had a ship leave Port Everglades 6 hours before a total ban on sailing was imposed! Top management is complicit in their knowledge in that sailing taking place, and if they aren't it is even more reason to replace them.

This action in my opinion, along with corporate apologies of the actions they undertook in those final critical days, would possibly lead to some restoration in faith that management has a clue..... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, clojacks said:

My personal viewpoint is, that Celebrity would be helped by an overhauling of their top management group...from LLP down through whoever signed off on sending ships to sea the day that the "cease, and quit sailing" order was delivered on March 13. Celebrity had a ship leave Port Everglades 6 hours before a total ban on sailing was imposed! Top management is complicit in their knowledge in that sailing taking place, and if they aren't it is even more reason to replace them.

This action in my opinion, along with corporate apologies of the actions they undertook in those final critical days, would possibly lead to some restoration in faith that management has a clue..... 

Additionally, on the evening of the 13th, telling Eclipse passengers that the March 15th sailing was still a go.  I started the roll call for this sailing, invited family to join us, who were nearly stranded in Chile on the last AA flight back to the US.  Some of these passengers weren't officially notified until the 16th that the cruise had been cancelled, return flights not X's responsibility. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Excellent -- That is why I made the post in the first place.

I don't think Management took this very seriously as early as they should have , especially when I saw that doing a " Cooking with Celebrity on Instagram " was a focus of their attention.  For sure there are others not mentioned on CC.

Get the refunds processed , develop a marketing strategy for when we can cruise again , and take care of their most important asset--- Employees . 

• Like 1

LOL, "how can we help Celebrity?". You mean the same Celebrity that acted so incredibly irresponsible when this entire mess started, the one that left customers stranded, exposed employees and customers to unprecedented health hazards, the one that used some kind of sneaky "strategic" thought process with cancelling sailings to limit cash refunds to customers putting even more stress and pressure on them? Or do you mean the Celebrity who for years "reserved the right" to do whatever they pleased because it was right there, hidden in their one sided cruise contract that you, loyal passenger happily signed? Or are you talking about the RRCL registered offshore in the Bahamas in order to avoid paying US taxes? Or the one caught dumping chemicals and waste at sea, polluting the worlds oceans while they reminded you not to get a fresh towel everyday in order to "save the waves"? Or the one that paid outrageous bonuses to Richard Fain, LLP, Larry Pimentel et.al. while they nickeled and dimed loyal repeat customers on every occasion?

If anyone wants to help right now, I suggest that you start right in your own community and help those truly in need. And Celebrity - do the right thing and refund the money due your customers.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Excellent -- That is why I made the post in the first place.

I don't think Management took this very seriously as early as they should have , especially when I saw that doing a " Cooking with Celebrity on Instagram " was a focus of their attention.  For sure there are others not mentioned on CC.

Get the refunds processed , develop a marketing strategy for when we can cruise again , and take care of their most important asset--- Employees . 

It has been a month since some of the most egregious mistakes on Celebrity's part IMHO, and yet, hardly a word has been uttered about Celebrity's management or administration, other than the lengthy "where is my refund" posts. I sympathize with those waiting for their money back, but in the grand scheme of Celebrity, I think there is a bigger problem than their accounting department.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, clojacks said:

It has been a month since some of the most egregious mistakes on Celebrity's part IMHO, and yet, hardly a word has been uttered about Celebrity's management or administration, other than the lengthy "where is my refund" posts. I sympathize with those waiting for their money back, but in the grand scheme of Celebrity, I think there is a bigger problem than their accounting department.

With respect-- I would think that in a situation like this ( thousands of refund requests ) the Accounting Dept  would receive instructions from Top Management level . 

Yes, I also would like my refund asap---- I don't want to continue supporting the salaries, bonuses, etc of Management , which is bound to happen if we don't " put the heat " on getting our refunds .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

With respect-- I would think that in a situation like this ( thousands of refund requests ) the Accounting Dept  would receive instructions from Top Management level . 

Yes, I also would like my refund asap---- I don't want to continue supporting the salaries, bonuses, etc of Management , which is bound to happen if we don't " put the heat " on getting our refunds .

I didn't mean to make it appear as if I wasn't in favor of those of you waiting for refunds to continue to push for them....just, I think there should be a much larger outcry against the current management teams silence.

Edited by clojacks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, clojacks said:

I didn't mean to make it appear as if I wasn't in favor of those of you waiting for refunds to continue to push for them....just, I think there should be a much larger outcry against the current management teams silence.

While I agree that communication from Celebrity has been non-existent WRT refunds and other topics, when it comes to money, it becomes personal very quickly.  Larger-picture concerns may become lost in the personal focus.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, clojacks said:

There is nothing bigger than the problems with their accounting department. Celebrity's very existence is at stake and those in charge are largely responsible for the negative attitude that they have instilled in many of their former very loyal customers.  Their never ending cuts in diminishing the product for those who have cruised many times and have good memories of cruises over the last three decades are now saying "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" .

We've cruised 225 times with Celebrity and our loyalty is now seriously in jeopardy.  They promised us a refund on March 7th.  We cancelled our March 15th cruise on March 13 for a FCC/refund and have had no response.  We were given an option for refund or 125% FCC for our March 27th cruise even though I called Celebrity about our requirement to return home within 10 days or lose our health coverage due to the threat of getting stuck in a US hospital without insurance.  Celebrity said "tough" you cancelled, you get a FCC but we won't let you cruise because you have health issues and are over 70.

Thanks Celebrity but your accounting department sucks!!!

Show me the money!!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

So you're taking the lead on this?  Currently who have you contacted in the Celebrity chain of command to put the heat on to get the ball rolling? 

I haven't been around long enough to " take the lead ". Excellent question, though.

• Like 1

BO1953, your post #26, as usual, is duly proffered and well received. The quote below is your final line in that post.

"Many of us who want to sail again ASAP will not be taken down by those who do not, we will not!"

Whereas I am with you on most points, I must disagree on others. Obviously, "Cruise Cred" is garnered and maintained through experience(s) and the ability to relate same on forums such as these. This being an absolutely new and very unpleasant experience for us all, perhaps puts everyone on a bit more equal footing when it comes to prognosticating the future of cruising. I, for one, do not at all seek to take anyone down, nor do I offer any apology for your misunderstanding. My idea of help and support comes from a different direction. It's intent, however, is the same as yours. 

You are ready to go, ASAP. I prefer a more cautious approach to once again getting on a ship. Suffice it to say, you are the manly-man in this scenario and I am the milksop. I'm good with that. I currently have four cruises on X's books. I am positive two will not go. Two others in 2021, I hope to be there. But as I've said in the past, I'll not rush to judgement that all is well.

When once again you cruise, only the best of times. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I have no idea whether you have or not. OK, now is the time for you to step up then. Actions speak louder than words. 

15,615 posts vs 171 posts--- No contest as to who should be the leader .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

15,615 posts vs 171 posts--- No contest as to who should be the leader .

What does CC post count have to do with putting the "heat on" Celebrity's management about refunds? Nothing! :classic_rolleyes: #15,616...😉

Edited by davekathy

Just now, davekathy said:

What does CC post count have to do with putting the "heat on" Celebrity's management about refunds? Nothing! :classic_rolleyes:

You know the " ropes " better than me --- I'm still a rookie, and learning every day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clojacks said:

I read it, larger outcry, here just about everyday.... which does make 'the current management teams silence' deafening, to be sure.

bon voyage

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I read it, larger outcry, here just about everyday.... which does make 'the current management teams silence' deafening, to be sure.

bon voyage

Please take this reply just as a " little humor " .

Perhaps Management's priority is working on " Dancing with the Stars-- Celebrity edition " ?????

• Haha 1