Carnival cancels NA sailings till June 27

jimbo5544

2 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Found this in another thread on this topic to answer my question:

Still not sure why SF was extended though.

San Fran sailings were called off weeks ago and isn't extended as they don't sail past September at that port anyway. The Miracle moves to San Diego to run during the cool season for 7 months.

2 hours ago, Midwifelife7 said:

And now I've gotten disconnected and tried to call back and got a message that says to try to call again later.  Most frustrating thing ever.  

Been doing it for 4 weeks, welcome to the jungle.  Don’t want the headache use a PvP or TA

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/04/13/coronavirus-cruise-ships-saw-red-flags-amid-chaotic-federal-response/2937001001/

Although the reports aren't entirely clear (to me, anyway), it appears the the latest no-sail order by the CDC may have originally been 120 days, and got shortened to 100?

In any case, the politics is all smoke and mirrors, trying to prop up the cruise business for as long as possible. Cancellations will continue to spiral.

4 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I was sorry to see the shut-down extension announcement. I hate seeing all these businesses that are forced to stop doing what they do because of this mess. The "I told you so" people should bite their tongue, if you ask me. They're not helping matters. I'm confident that when Carnival does decide to return, it'll be with the health and safety of their passengers and crew in mind. The dates they announce to return aren't set in stone. There's too many factors at play here. There's a lot of people who need to understand that before they point fingers and accuse Carnival of acting carelessly. I've said it more than once, these cruise lines have people in place who are far more knowledgeable on this matters than we are and they are privy to a mountain of information that we aren't. Not to mention, they're in contact with the government to make sure a return can be done in a timely manner, but also safely. To those who raise questions about where cruise ships will go when they return, what island nations will be open to cruise traffic, etc., I have no doubt they will have worked that out ahead of time. It's not like they'll return to service and go blindly out into the ocean hoping someone will take them in. They've been scheduling cruises for decades. Have some confidence that they know what they're doing and they'll be prepared. For those who say you don't want to cruise right away, that's your prerogative, but stop attacking those who will. I, for one, choose not to live in fear of this thing. I know I'm not alone. If you aren't comfortable cruising until much later, you do you. But let others make their own choices without being berated for it.

I'm hoping that Carnival, and others, get to resume cruising sooner rather than later.

Amen.  I couldn't have said it better.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Smooth sailor77228 said:

It's THROUGH June 26th not 27th. Big difference. I'm scheduled on Panorama on 6/27 and have been waiting for them to cancel. No way Im sailing that soon even if carnival does. I live in L.A., face masks are mandatory to enter businesses, schools are out for the rest of the year, stay at home order just got extended. This is no where near over. I want ALL my money back not tons of OBC on top of the tons of OBC I already have from price drops. I checked the website when I didnt have an email and so far its still on, can't believe I missed it by 1 day. Uuuuuggghhh just cancel alreadyy!

I seriously doubt your governor is going to allow them to sail. San Francisco is closed for a linger time. I’m betting he’ll close LongBeach and San Diego as well.

So my cruise is within the cancelled dates—Liberty June 15th. But I haven’t received an email and I haven’t been able to log into my cruise manager account page for at least a week. I get a “working on it” message.  Do you have to rebook right away or can I wait awhile and see what happens?

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Been doing it for 4 weeks, welcome to the jungle.  Don’t want the headache use a PvP or TA

I guess I’m glad my “new PVP” contacted me last week after all. I had the same one for years but apparently she left the company. I’m sad. She was great. This guy sounds like a dud but it’s better than waiting on hold forever.

17 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

I seriously doubt your governor is going to allow them to sail. San Francisco is closed for a linger time. I’m betting he’ll close LongBeach and San Diego as well.

So my cruise is within the cancelled dates—Liberty June 15th. But I haven’t received an email and I haven’t been able to log into my cruise manager account page for at least a week. I get a “working on it” message.  Do you have to rebook right away or can I wait awhile and see what happens?

Hi - if you go on Carnival.com, on the top of the page it says Health and sailing update, click on that link. Then click on cancelled Cruises, last updated April 13. Next page you will see is pretty much the letter I received from my TA and toward the bottom is a link, see below, where you can complete for FCC or refund- Good luck! 

I don't know when you have to decide by, I didn't see any dates besides it needs to be booked by 12/31/20.

If you are booked on one of these sailings, please make your selection herethere is no need to call

• Like 1

5 hours ago, railroader said:

My june 21 cruise on the Freedom out of Galveston was canceled. I paid 2500 for a balcony. I rebooked on the Vista for the 27th for 1700 for a spa deck balcony. Plus I applied for their credit card for 200 off of that. So, I get the 600 obc plus the difference of the 2500? Will that go back on my credit or will I get more fcc?

My thinking is it will go on CC

• Like 1

I have a cruise set for July 6, the price has gone down greatly ($780) for 3 people in an ocean view. At this price even if it is not cancelled, if I feel it is not safe, I can walk away even if I loose the money. ( I do have travel insurance so I think I am covered.) 

7 hours ago, PC 462 said:

Our May 24 cruise on the Pride has been cancelled.  If I take the FCC and book another cruise, and the new cruise rate is less than the May 24 cruise was, what happens to the price difference?  Is it applied to the new booking as an OBC, or is it refunded to the original form of payment?  Or, can it be applied to yet another booking?

I had a May 23 cruise that also cancelled.  I spent time today to read all the communication and my understanding is the FCC would be issued for the amount equal to the cancellation fee.  At 51-30 days out, cancellation fee is 50%.  So, you should get refund of all the port fees/taxes + 50% of the cruise fee on original form of payment.  In addition, you should also receive 50% of cruise fee (cancellation fee) in form of FCC which can then be used for your future cruise.

So, I'm confused. I received this e-mail as well.  It says my cruise has been cancelled. However, we are scheduled to sail June 28th, out of Miami, on the Magic.  According to the email, it says that they will resume sailing on 6/27. 

I just booked for the 27th on the Horizon out of Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Oh yeah I’m positive it’ll be canceled. That’s why it’s frustrating they won’t just cancel already. I want to get in line for my refund. The longer they take to cancel the longer it’s gonna take to get my money back.

5 hours ago, emm126 said:

Hi - if you go on Carnival.com, on the top of the page it says Health and sailing update, click on that link. Then click on cancelled Cruises, last updated April 13. Next page you will see is pretty much the letter I received from my TA and toward the bottom is a link, see below, where you can complete for FCC or refund- Good luck! 

I don't know when you have to decide by, I didn't see any dates besides it needs to be booked by 12/31/20.

If you are booked on one of these sailings, please make your selection herethere is no need to call

Thanks. I will try that.

17 hours ago, DMac1983 said:

For the first time ever, I booked through a large Warehouse Type Store's Travel Unit instead of through the cruise line itself. Should I wait and have the Travel Unit do the FCC form or can I do it myself? I don't plan on using a travel agency again.

I always use the same TA but... I was in the last round of cancels. I tried to do the form myself, it would NOT let me. Sat on hold for 75 mins with Carnival (yeah for working at home!) and was told I couldn't do it with Carnival myself because the TA held the booking. This was just to fill out the web form to transfer to a booking I made 3 days before hand because I figured the cancel was coming. 

My TA got everything from the other cruise transferred over in full and the $600 OBC also showed up immediately. He also took over the booking at that time though so YMMV. 

The impression I got was that since it's a TA, they have to fill out the form or call (my TA just called them). If you don't have anything booked yet, but do in the mean time, just don't let the TA know. Carnival will put it on your "account" and you can call and transfer it when you have a few hours to spare 

4 minutes ago, lbtnewcruiser said:

I am booked July 4th on the Magic out of Miami,  not yet cancelled. However I made final payment last week  on a non refundable deal, do I have any recourse ?

wait for carnival to cancel then they will give you a refundable deal

That's my hope however my husband wants a refund now. Since they just announced the date I feel it would now be another month before they extend if they even do ? Until then I have a pit in my stomach I may lose it all

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

wait for carnival to cancel then they will give you a refundable deal

1 hour ago, lbtnewcruiser said:

That's my hope however my husband wants a refund now. Since they just announced the date I feel it would now be another month before they extend if they even do ? Until then I have a pit in my stomach I may lose it all

This is kind of the boat I'm in, but here are my thoughts.  1:  Its not like you will get a refund any time soon anyway.  So cancelling isn't going to really help in any way.  2.  If they cancel (and they very likely will), you will get a full refund or FCC.  

I hate the waiting.  I wish mine was just cancelled. 

1 hour ago, Midwifelife7 said:

This is kind of the boat I'm in, but here are my thoughts.  1:  Its not like you will get a refund any time soon anyway.  So cancelling isn't going to really help in any way.  2.  If they cancel (and they very likely will), you will get a full refund or FCC.  

I hate the waiting.  I wish mine was just cancelled. 

I so hope you are right 🙂

On 4/13/2020 at 10:20 AM, Countrygurl said:

No one should want to sail until its safe.  We're not there yet.  If that means my September cruise is cancelled, so be it.  I LOVE to cruise, but lives are by far more important than my pleasure.

Stay safe folks.  We will cruise again.

AMEN !!

• Like 1