Oceania Big Price Reduction

mozfoz

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Most Oceania  sales start on a Wed  

personally I cannot see  a sale happening   now   but you never know  people may be lured by  a discounted  price

Maybe they will wait for the May long weekend  coming soon

JMO

There has already been a price reduction, 2 weeks ago. I had my TA re fare an August 2021 Baltic Marina cruise and saved over $700 pp.

13 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Was it an advertised sale ?

I am not looking at cruise for this year so never check

No, I just happened to look at my reservation in my account online, saw the price had dropped, and had my TA re book at the lower fare. I will monitor at least once a week to see if there are anymore reductions.

I am booked in a cat G inside guarantee but O has me a cabin assigned. As of today, that category is waitlisted. This is the least expensive cabin on the ship and there are only 4 so they sell fast. O uses them as advertising "starting at" fares that look enticingly low. This is the first time I have ever been able to book one.

Edited by susiesan
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 4:43 AM, JVNYC said:

Not seeing any sale today. 

Just  go to the cruise you want.....    I was booked for a 2021  Sept.(marina)  and my fare for a PH  went down  $3000 !  its out there amigo.... you need  to look     

1 hour ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

Dan, when did you originally book? I am not seeing any change on the site in CAD from 7-10 days ago....

I booked  april 21    for a Sept 2021 cruise  using the deposit from a cruise I cancelled for Sept 2020.......   I went to the cruise  today ( 5-5 2020)  and the fare was $3000 less for a PH...  Some were only $2300 less.     Asked my agent  to re fare     

was   16K  now 13K US( rounded)     Just look,  I did it today  Are you looking in Canadian dollars  or using Computer Aided  something   My prices are in american dollars  If  Canadian  maybe because of the instability  of the money  ....I do not know

Edited by Hawaiidan

1 hour ago, cayman09 said:

I've been booked since last June with no change in price. Strange thing is, all PH categories are $600-900 LESS on the 2022 sailing yet both are listed on the "Ultimate" sale.

I wonder if you have to call  in order to get the new rate??

Seems odd  but might be worth checking with your TA

There was no change listed on the website yesterday for my April 2021 cruise (Marina Transatlantic) but when my TA called in the price dropped by $1000 for my category of room (A1 with Single Supplement Special).

59 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

I do hope that people are getting reductions, but I hope all CCers are not throwing new money at this.

(Well, the ones on my ignore list can have at it...)

If they are on your ignore list, you'll never know 😀

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe not ALL sailings are included in the  deal or was already discounted  when you booked??

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/ultimate-sale/

Interesting to note that as part of the Ultimate Sale are listed cruises in Europe in July, August, and September  2020 that are unlikely to happen. I don't know why O would keep selling cruises that they know will be cancelled to new passengers. I doubt there will even be regular flights to Europe from the US, Canada, or Australia to meet these cruises. maybe these sailings will be full of Europeans only.

9 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I wonder if you have to call  in order to get the new rate??

Seems odd  but might be worth checking with your TA

So, I checked with my TA and they confirmed with Oceania....The 2022 prices are $600-900 lower for a PH but they will not honor that price for the Same 2021 Tahiti cruise. This makes no sense!!

2 hours ago, cayman09 said:

So, I checked with my TA and they confirmed with Oceania....The 2022 prices are $600-900 lower for a PH but they will not honor that price for the Same 2021 Tahiti cruise. This makes no sense!!

Perhaps they believe that Tahiti will not yet be open to cruisers in April?

3 hours ago, cayman09 said:

I do not understand  why  you think  they would  give you the lower rate now 🙄

Things can change  by 2022 & the prices may rise  or the 2021  sailing could drop

I think  at the moment  they may have other more important worries

Just saying

• Thanks 1

I have just received an email from Oceania with the subject “The Ultimate Sale. Major Price Reductions.” I compared the cost of our Concierge Stateroom for August 2021 from some weeks ago to the cost listed today and guess what it’s the same! I should mention that we live in Australia. 

7 minutes ago, sunnies said:

I have just received an email from Oceania with the subject “The Ultimate Sale. Major Price Reductions.” I compared the cost of our Concierge Stateroom for August 2021 from some weeks ago to the cost listed today and guess what it’s the same! I should mention that we live in Australia. 

I guess the sale applies only to some cruises that don't sell as well?

We had a B2B2B on the Marina this Fall that we cancelled but would have saved over $3k from the prior fare if we kept the bookings.

9 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I guess the sale applies only to some cruises that don't sell as well?

We had a B2B2B on the Marina this Fall that we cancelled but would have saved over $3k from the prior fare if we kept the bookings.

That could be the case. However the cruise in question was “attached” to the email advertising the price reductions. A little misleading. 

9 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I do not understand  why  you think  they would  give you the lower rate now 🙄

Things can change  by 2022 & the prices may rise  or the 2021  sailing could drop

I think  at the moment  they may have other more important worries

Just saying

Because they sent the notice to me, with my cruise included in the link. That's why I was looking for the new rate (insert she roll). I understand that they have a lot to worry about, so why add to their woes with multiple cruises in a "Sale" marketing piece that really do not have any reductions (see "Sunnies" post as well)?I

I still intend to sale, if cruising is possible. I was merely bringing up an issue. 

7 hours ago, sunnies said:

some mentioned they called their TA to get the lower rates