Insurance cost

JudithLynne

My DH and I are taking a Princess cruise at the end of Sept.  I can't find the cost of cancel for any reason insurance on our on line booking. I tried calling Princess but they are backed up and I support that cancellations should get priority.  Anyone know how I can find the information that I am looking for?

Thanks for any help.......

1 hour ago, JudithLynne said:

My DH and I are taking a Princess cruise at the end of Sept.  I can't find the cost of cancel for any reason insurance on our on line booking. I tried calling Princess but they are backed up and I support that cancellations should get priority.  Anyone know how I can find the information that I am looking for?

Thanks for any help.......

You need the Princess Platinum Vacation Protection. The upgrade to that level is "free" depending on your Captain's Circle status.  Details vary somewhat depending on where you are. The actual cost depends on your cruise.

You can check here for plan details.

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/PCT_Plt_Landing.html

Be aware that most folks don't actually pay for the insurance until they make final payment. If the insurance isn't paid for it isn't in effect...

Edited by Thrak

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

You need the Princess Platinum Vacation Protection.

75% paid with standard insurance

100% paid with Platinum

Life is unpredictable... but you can rely on Princess Vacation Protection. If you need to cancel for specified reasons outlined in the Cancellation Fee Waiver section of the plan you’ll receive a refund of your cancellation fees. If you need to cancel for any reason not listed in the plan, under the “Any Reason” Cancellation Enhancement feature, you’ll receive 75% of the cancellation fee amount in the form of future cruise credits under our Standard plan and 100% under the Platinum plan.

Princess insurance should be as follows:

Fares up to $2,499.99

8% of fare for standard protection

12% of fare for extra protection (platinum)

For fares $2,500 and over the percentages are 7% and 11%

If you are Captain's Circle Ruby level or above, this will be your 4th or higher Princess cruise or you have already sailed 30 days, then the upgrade from standard protection to platinum is automatic and at no extra cost. 

skynight....thank you.  My question was what is the cost of the insurance.  I know what the coverage is, but not the purchase price.  We are Elite, this will be our 30th cruise on Princess, 46th overall. We will get the upgrade to Platnium.  Very nice......thanks all for responding.

I am glad to see an optimist.  I have a cruise scheduled for October, so after yours, and I sincerely doubt it will take place. Have not cancelled, but we have nothing invested in it and any pre/post arrangements were done privately with refundable options and no up front fees.

wheezedr.....at this point all we have invested in this cruise is a refundable down payment.  We will need to make up our minds if we are going by 6-14.  It does concern us though which is why we are looking at "cancel for any reason" insurance.