FCC or Refund

jp2746

I have had two cruises cancelled so far and one in June I expect to be cancelled.  I requested a refund for one and let one ride to see what would happen with cruising this summer.  I was going to book something in August hoping it would sail.   I have been told that I have until the end of the year to decide if I want a refund or FCC at 125%.  My question is, if I book something in August with FCC from one of the cancelled cruises and it gets cancelled by RC, can I still get a refund or will it now just be FCC? Just trying to figure out my next step.  I would guess FCC, but I was curious if anyone knows the answer for sure.

2 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

I have had two cruises cancelled so far and one in June I expect to be cancelled.  I requested a refund for one and let one ride to see what would happen with cruising this summer.  I was going to book something in August hoping it would sail.   I have been told that I have until the end of the year to decide if I want a refund or FCC at 125%.  My question is, if I book something in August with FCC from one of the cancelled cruises and it gets cancelled by RC, can I still get a refund or will it now just be FCC? Just trying to figure out my next step.  I would guess FCC, but I was curious if anyone knows the answer for sure.

No way to know with 100% certainty what policies will be on future cancellations. 

On current reservations that were cancelled and you hold a 125% FCC those can be cancelled for a refund up until Dec 31 2021

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Just trying to figure out my next step.

Get your money back and only book something inside final payment window - the extra 25% in the FCC outside final payment may not be worth as much as the discount inside final payment.

I am a UK cruiser so all deposits are non refundable.  If RCI cancels any of our booked cruises before final payment is due (56 days) we will get a full refund of our deposits.  If they don't cancel our cruise before final payment we will loose our deposit. It's a waiting game for us.  I won't be cancelling anything because I won't get anything back.

My advice … if you have booked in the USA and have the choice right now I would take the refund and get your deposit back.

Cruising is the last thing that is going to happen this year.

• Thanks 1