Unable to book cruise for end of July in Chrome, Safari and with or without signing in

jp2746

I can get all the way to the end of the booking for July 2020 and the page gives me an error telling me to contact Princess to finish my booking.  Does this mean that the CDC order will shut them down through July even though Princess has only officially cancelled though June? 

They are probably keeping that in mind, and depending on what the legalities of things are. If there is an outbreak on the ship, are they at high liability now? Where will the passengers go? Will anyone take them? Will the islands let them dock?

And since they have sent a lot of employees back to their home countries, they might not have enough crew to staff the ship. 

It's not just July, I can't book a cruise in December either... I think their site is just having issues. You'd think they'd want new bookings! And I'd think doing it online would free up their phone agents.

Edited by tntornadox

Probably very limited sailings, if any, for July 2020. Gulf of Alaska season is cancelled, some RT sailings from Seattle may occur. Which ships and itineraries will return first has probably not been totally determined, although Princess has stated that the RT sailings from Seattle are scheduled for the Ruby and Emerald. This is most likely why you can not complete a booking without calling Princess.

Didn't the Feds say they could start 100 days after April 10th, that would make it towards the end of July.

https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/cdc-extends-ban-on-cruise-ship-sailings-up-to-another-100-days

I feel it will be longer though, not quite sure what they will do to minimize the issue.

Will they require people to all be tested 2 weeks before then a few days before too, take temperatures, change dining room seating and not sell Inside and Oceanview cabins so they can have more distance in the dining room.   Masks required in the theaters and no food/drinks allowed.

1 hour ago, cherylandtk said:

Maybe those of us with pending refunds/FCC are somehow flagged in the system????

Seems to be happening to me too. First attempt not logged in worked until I signed in