Final payment for September cruise

5 minutes ago, danv3 said:

May as well wait until very close to June 22 to decide IMO.  I've got a final payment due this week and I'm still waiting to see what RCI is going to do.  

Thanks. Please post an update as to what happens so I'll know what to expect.

2 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

If you want an opinion, no.  Not likely to cruise, and they aren't issuing refunds too quickly.

I would rather not cruise anyway in September, just don't feel it will be safe yet. I'd like to rebook for September 2021.

Right now cruise with confidence refund policy is for cruises up thru september 1st.  I suspect that date will be extended.  I would suggest just waiting till june to see what they offering then for refunds and FCC.   To soon to cancel now unless you had a fully refundable deposit.

My payment date is not until late June. I’ve resigned to the fact we aren’t going on this cruise. Yesterday I cancelled our shore excursions. I’m going g to wait until the last possible date before PIF date to cancel in hopes I can either get my deposit back or apply it towards a new cruise. I’m ok with losing the $400. I honestly don’t know if my kids will have a Fall Break in September because one scenario I’ve heard is pushing back their start date and skipping the Fall Break. 

I just can’t imagine taking my kids on a cruise and dealing with quarantines or the idea I did something that put them at risk. My husband is an essential worker and who knows if he will even be able to take off time. Sometimes making adult decisions stinks!

My opinion is that I wouldn't want to give any cruise line any more of my money because who knows if they'll even survive? I'd get a refund of whatever I could. At this point, if I had an un-refundable deposit, I'd probably try to get that, and only that, as a FCC and if that wasn't possible, I'd probably just eat the loss. I would not give them anymore of my cash.

I think if they survive, there will be deals to be had closer to sail dates.

That's what I personally would do. I'm sure that paying in full and then opting for a 125% FCC is what other people would do. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, justKirbo said:

I would not give them anymore of my cash.

I think if they survive, there will be deals to be had closer to sail dates.

That's what I personally would do.

Agree 100%.

I have a refundable deposit on September 27th, and I plan to cancel a few days before final payment, to get a full refund back.

Unless the virus miraculously disappears.....

• Like 2