Anyone Getting Upgrades

Tedferg

There was a thread where a lot of people got upgrades on existing bookings. Have not seen recent updates and wondered if it is still happenning.

We are booked with friends on Sep 2 2020 Canada New England, New York to Quebec.

We are usually marked Do Not Upgrade so that we will not be separated form our friends. I think we could be marked to Upgrade as long as both bookings are upgraded. 

This is our first Ocean View and if quarantined that would be a bummer. So looking at current Balcony fares. Would be nice to get an upgrade and keep current Perks.

I would not worry too much as it is unlikely this cruise will occur.  We are booked for the same cruise on 10/12.  We have been upgraded once already, but I doubt that that cruise will go off either.  Not a pessimist but a realist. 

• Like 1

Thanks for replies, I realize chances are this cruise will be cancelled, but fingers crossed. Having a Balcony would be extra 'insurance' and my SWAG is it would cost $640 more at current fares. Difference OV to Balcony was over $1,200 when we booked.

Wheezedr what was your upgrade ? Was it just one cabin ?

I have been upgraded 2x on a December cruise that is pretty expensive. From the lowest balcony guarantee to a BA balcony. Then an upgrade to a MD mini suite. They have been nice upgrades. Since I am uneasy about the economy, not sure if I will do the cruise.

6 minutes ago, phred119s said:

We’ve gotten upgraded 3 times for our next cruise. Aft inside to mid-aft inside to mid-aft deluxe balcony to midship mini-suite. The mini-suite happened on Monday. 

How soon is your cruise? We have a cruise for this December. An upgrade would be nice. We usually book an inside, but booked a balcony.

Mike

We got an Upgrade Inside on Lido to Balcony overlooking wake ..the cruise is over Christmas and we had decided to probably not go however reconsidering now .

We were Upgraded as soon as this mess started probably early March .

Just now checked 5 booked cruises. No upgrades. Don''t want upgrades on the 3 November/December cruises but I don't think the destinations involved will allow the cruises anyway. The ones booked next May I would love an upgrade on one of them but no such luck. There is a 7 day in an inside but that's fine. The 18 day after that is in a Premium Ocean View and I'd love an upgrade for that one.

Several members of a Roll Call for a fall cruise in Europe area to SE Asia and Sydney report one or more upgrades.  Not us.  IDK how many began with a GTY booking.  I believe we are noted as meta and contact TA first.  Princess probably doesn't do that.  I might change that if I really think we will be going.

Our cruise is due 27th July  British Isles from Southampton so a local cruise for us but doubt that will go ahead .I had 2 obstructed balconies booked but have been upgraded to 2 mini suites should be dancing around the room but life has more to be thankful for. Stay safe everyone.

We usually have side by side cabins, 'linked' with another couple. I wondered if Princess would only upgrade if side by side were available. There are plenty of balcony cabins available, so probably not a 'linking' problem. Balcony are just $100 more than OV currently, $300 pp more than original fare. Plus loss of some perks, so not a huge decision. The difference was $1,200 per cabin when we booked. 

7/15 cruise, I've been upgraded from basic balcony to club class mini-suite, my theory is that they keep upgrading me so that I won't re-fare.  The current fare is about $500 less for the original balcony that I booked, so I can rebook or keep the current OBC and club class balcony with higher fare.  I think I'm going to try the club class, since I know I wouldn't pay for it.  Again, I do doubt that it will go but willing to take a FCC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayRich65 said:

7/15 cruise, I've been upgraded from basic balcony to club class mini-suite, my theory is that they keep upgrading me so that I won't re-fare.  The current fare is about $500 less for the original balcony that I booked, so I can rebook or keep the current OBC and club class balcony with higher fare.  I think I'm going to try the club class, since I know I wouldn't pay for it.  Again, I do doubt that it will go but willing to take a FCC.

Interesting, for $500 I think I would rebook. Current fare for balcony is making us reconsider OV. a) If we were quarantined a balcony would be so much better. b) If there was any remote chance of quarantine we would cancel. c) Gut feel says Princess will cancel this cruise so it is moot. Still can't resist price checking 🙂

6 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Still can't resist price checking 🙂

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

Every. Single. Day.

I know the feeling. I check for upgrades and price drops. I also check my EZ Air pricing. So far one cruise has dropped twice and I'm now booked at $305 per person less than the original booking. My flights have dropped an insane amount. It's good to keep checking.

3 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I made a fatal mistake of checking some on line sites and found a better price.

We like our TA and feel loyal, so no problem but ???????

Ask your TA to price match. It can work. I've done it. He doesn't give OBC or bottles of wine but he does discount the price.

Edited by Thrak

20 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Ask your TA to price match. It can work. I've done it. He doesn't give OBC or bottles of wine but he does discount the price.

Thanks Thrak - I cannot mention the online site but Princess, Big Box and my TA are in the same ball park. My TA has better price, Big Box has more perks. The other site is significantly lower - makes me wonder if I am misreading it.