Regent Cruises to Alaska this summer ?

RJB

2 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Any answers you get here will be purely conjecture.  My guess is probably not, but if so, it will be LATE summer, but honestly, no one knows right now.

At some point, the season will be so short that it may not be worthwhile doing it at all.  I sure hope the Alaskan season is salvaged as we are on (I mean booked on) the final sailing Vancouver to San Pedro.  Given that this is in the middle of a long land trip, I wish Regent (or Canadian government) would decide sooner rather than later.  We can alter land trip but would like some heads up.

Marc

19 hours ago, Pcardad said:

6/24 cruise is currently in pre-ticketing with updated flights...I can't imagine it would go but Regent is acting like it is.

I guess they do not want to give any cash back.  The longer they wait they will get final pay from most people and just have to give FCC to us.  Sounds a bit underhanded to me.  

• Like 1

Final pay was a long time ago and you have the option of cash instead of FCC if they cancel. Regent currently seems to be in a pattern of canceling a month at a time which sounds reasonable given the circumstances. If they really thought they would not be cruising for a long time they would cold store the ships and none of the 5 ships have received any such order.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RJB said:

I guess they do not want to give any cash back.  The longer they wait they will get final pay from most people and just have to give FCC to us.  Sounds a bit underhanded to me.  

Just remember that if Regent cancels, you have a choice of FCC's or a refund so, for a lot of people, it is worth waiting to see when Regent cancels.  

IMHO, Regent and TA's would have a heck of a time cancelling cruises more than a month in advance.  As it is, passengers are complaining, threatening Regent, etc. because they have to wait up to 90 days to get their refund.  It seems that both the best and worst of humanity shows up in cases of global emergencies.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rate of infection and death seem very low in Alaska.  I'd assume they want to keep it that way.  But then again their economy depends upon summer tourism.

This was talked about before, but if the US would change the rules around necessitating a foreign port, perhaps they could just exclude Canada entirely, and sail out of Seattle.

Of course, the US would probably have to be open to foreign visitors as well, which at the moment they're not.  Unless the cruise lines want entirely American passengers--Alaska has always been popular with British and Europeans, I believe.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

I don't think expecting a company to process a refund for a cancelled service in less than 90 days is a poor reflection on the person requesting the refund.  90 days is too long.  In this age of computerization, a full refund on a cancelled cruise should be forthcoming within 10 days.  It's just business.   

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, orvil said:

I don't think expecting a company to process a refund for a cancelled service in less than 90 days is a poor reflection on the person requesting the refund.  90 days is too long.  In this age of computerization, a full refund on a cancelled cruise should be forthcoming within 10 days.  It's just business.   

That's just it. Their software was not designed to handle mass cancellations so these refunds all have to be done manually.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 4:33 PM, Pcardad said:

6/24 cruise is currently in pre-ticketing with updated flights...I can't imagine it would go but Regent is acting like it is.

May I ask what that means?  My family is booked on that cruise and I haven't heard anything; I know my TA also hasn't, because I talked to her late last week.

2 minutes ago, Pam said:

May I ask what that means?  My family is booked on that cruise and I haven't heard anything; I know my TA also hasn't, because I talked to her late last week.

We are also booked on this cruise.  We did our own air going out of Santa Barbara, which I cancelled last month.  Our city council said businesses here will not reopen for at least 4 to 6 weeks.  I would be shocked if the cruise is a go.  I’m hoping our October LA to LA is possible.

48 minutes ago, Pam said:

Roughly 75 days prior to departure, the Regent Air Department will go over the bookings and determine if there is any issue with names matching, missing B-days, no passport numbers in the profile, etc. They look for anything that would cause a problem with ticketing. I exchanged an email with the air desk to verify completeness as I have 4 cabins on this trip and 3 are new people and on their first trip with me. There was 1 bit if data that they needed which we cleared up on the spot. I asked and was told that until told otherwise, they would move forward with the process and ticket the flights roughly 30 days out. 

Personally, and this is opinion, I would be surprised if this cruise goes anywhere. However, I know Regent will take care of my people and they will take care of me so all good.

Well, I just logged in and made our dining reservations, just in case.  We can be packed in a minute, I still have the air reservations.  I will be surprised if it goes, but if it does we are on it.

June 24 Alaska cruise is canceled .

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor*,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have made the difficult decision to cancel your upcoming cruise.

To make up for the inconvenience of canceling your voyage, Regent will provide a 125% Future Cruise Credit** on the amount paid for all active reservations as of April 24, 2020 when Regent canceled your voyage. This Future Cruise Credit can be applied to any reservation within one year on any Regent voyage between now and December 31, 2022. In addition, you will also receive credit for the full nights of your canceled voyage as part of the Seven Seas Society loyalty program. This is our way of providing even more value to our loyal guests to cruise with us at a later date. 

Furthermore, if you book Glacier Exploration on Seven Seas Explorer on June 16, 2021 or Wild Wonderson Seven Seas Explorer on June 23, 2021, which are similar to your cruise this year, we’ll honor the lower price you paid for your suite on your current booking, pending space availability. Please contact your Travel Advisor or our Reservations team at the phone numbers below for this exclusive price match offer.

**Government taxes and fees, trip insurance, and any pre-purchased items such as Regent Choice excursions or Culinary Arts Kitchen classes will be refunded. The remaining amount paid will be refunded in the form of a 125% Future Cruise Credit. The 125% Future Cruise Credit only applies to bookings where full payment has been received. Some terms may vary by country.

For guests who paid in full and prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit and credit for Seven Seas Society nights, a 100% refund option is available by completing the Refund Request Formno later than May 8, 2020.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our team is working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact us using the phone numbers below.

Thank you for your patience and loyalty as we manage through this evolving situation. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and we look forward to welcoming you on board in the future.

Stay well and keep safe,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers:

United States / Canada: 1.844.4REGENT (1.844.473.4368) or (954) 776-6123

United Kingdom: 02380 682280

Rest of Europe: +44 (2380) 682140

Australia / New Zealand / Asia Pacific: 1.300.455.200

Latin America / Brazil: 0800 400-3132 or +1 (954) 940-7486

*Travel Advisor: Kindly share this important information with your clients scheduled to sail on this cruise.

Please note that this email address does not accept replies.

This email was sent by: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
7665 Corporate Center Drive ~ Miami, FL, 33126, USA

• Thanks 1

This information was in today's Victoria paper. 

Ian Robertson, the Greater Victoria Harbour Authority's  chief executive, said:

“We haven’t ruled out that we will see cruise ships in 2020, but I think it’s unlikely,” he said, adding there are still cruise-ship lines that have reserved berthing spaces in Victoria for later this year. Some are not giving up on 2020.”

The harbour authority is focusing on getting ready for 2021, working with cruise lines, health authorities and governments to put in place whatever new measures are deemed appropriate, Robertson said.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Pam said:

At least we aren't in limbo anymore.  I'm sad, we were really looking forward to a happy family cruise.

This was also a 3 generation family  cruise for us.  We will take the FCC.  We hope Mexico will be a go in October.  I can taste the Margaritas now!

47A980BE-22B0-4E44-9F70-0827B7AA326F.thumb.jpeg.2f0fede1f78a8855a64af53e00626b69.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crusin7 said:

This was also a 3 generation family  cruise for us.  We will take the FCC.  We hope Mexico will be a go in October.  I can taste the Margaritas now!

I can't guarantee presence to take the FCC.  I have one granddaughter in grad school, a grandson and another granddaughter in college, and a son-in-law who works for a huge corporation and has to fight for any length  of time off.  I was just afraid I couldn't find the perfect cruise in the designated timeframe.  We'll find a trip, but it may not be a cruise, and it has to work around several schedules.

Enjoy Mexico!!

Pam, I feel for you. Last summer we took one son, his wife and two nine years olds to Alaska. Great fun but moderately difficult to coordinate. Then for this summer we tried to add other son and his four person family and we tried and tried but were defeated by everyone’s different schedules.

I love to read books where in olden days the family would get on a steamer  for a three month European  tour. Ha ha!