Surely RC need to re-think FCC bookings

I’ve had 2 cruises B2B cancelled and i what to rebook again  BUT !! Ive had no FCC given so during the booking process they want another  £300 deposit to secure the booking. Why on earth am i being asked for money 💰 ? When I’m already in credit to the tune of £3000 ? 

Come Royal seriously 😐 At this rate id be better getting my money back and trying another line !!

• Like 3

Just now, soloadventurer said:

I’ve had 2 cruises B2B cancelled and i what to rebook again  BUT !! Ive had no FCC given so during the booking process they want another  £300 deposit to secure the booking. Why on earth am i being asked for money 💰 ? When I’m already in credit to the tune of £3000 ? 

Come Royal seriously 😐 At this rate id be better getting my money back and trying another line !!

My understanding is that if you call them they can look up your FCCs and apply them to the new booking. It has, however, to be a booked cruise, meaning that you will have to have paid the deposit on it.

Rethink. You bet. I used my FCC on one cruise and it was not all used up, only a 4 day on the Mariner this September. So I booked a second cruise for the next year. A 10 day on the Vision for April 2021. I cannot use the FCC till I take the first cruise I used it on. What gives here?

29 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

I book directly with RC - rang nearly 10 days still waiting on a call-back. Now i fully understand the volume of cancelled cruises and the pressure staff are under, but surely it would be easier to adjust the online booking process

No if you are counting on the IT department of Royal doing it?

I decided to take the refund as you need to pay a new deposit and any money left over on the FCC is then put towards another cruise and not towards OBC so it was going to work out more expensive in the long run.

i have heard that some USA TA’s are holding bookings and not charging for a new deposit but it’s always different for us in the UK.

Just rebooked our cancelled cruise, was very easy , they booked new one with no deposit and said as soon as we get FCC to email RC and tell them new booking ref to apply it to ,this was thru planet cruise

3 hours ago, soloadventurer said:

I’ve had 2 cruises B2B cancelled and i what to rebook again

RCI is doing you a favor by making booking difficult - especially without price drops, folks under UK booking condition should not be booking anything far out from a sailing, but should be taking the cash.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ned11 said:

I decided to take the refund as you need to pay a new deposit and any money left over on the FCC is then put towards another cruise and not towards OBC so it was going to work out more expensive in the long run.

i have heard that some USA TA’s are holding bookings and not charging for a new deposit but it’s always different for us in the UK.

It isn't the TAs here.  Royal wouldn't take a deposit from us/TA and just put the new bookings into the hold bin until the FCC comes through.  Our FCCs will cover the new cruises but I would rather put down some kind of deposit so the Cruise Planner would allow reservations.  For once I think you folks have an advantage.

By the way, Disney is offering some incredible rates on their website for August sailings to the Baltic and Iceland.  Special Offers link 2/3 way down the page.

It has been taking up to 30 days for the deposit to be refunded to your credit card.  The FCC can not be used as a deposit for a new booking.  I would make the booking to quarantee that you get the cabin and a rate you are happy with.  Once the cruise is booked and you get your FCC, call the number on the email and have the FCC applied to the balance due.

27 minutes ago, shippmates said:

It has been taking up to 30 days for the deposit to be refunded to your credit card.  The FCC can not be used as a deposit for a new booking.  I would make the booking to quarantee that you get the cabin and a rate you are happy with.  Once the cruise is booked and you get your FCC, call the number on the email and have the FCC applied to the balance due.

No no UK bookings are non refundable but with Cruise with Confidence “nonrefundable deposits will be returned in the form of a Future Cruise Credit”

So therefore I ask again why am I being asked to pay non refundable deposit again when they already have 2 deposits for cancelled cruises ? 

39 minutes ago, shippmates said:

Correct that you cannot apply the FCC tonthe deposit however you can reallocate the deposit to cover items that must be paid for such as port fees and taxes as well as prepaid gratuities, travel insurance and transfers.  Just paying the port fees and prepaid gratuities pretty much covers most deposits thereby freeing up most  of the cruise fare for the FCC to be applied to. 

4 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

No no UK bookings are non refundable but with Cruise with Confidence “nonrefundable deposits will be returned in the form of a Future Cruise Credit”

So therefore I ask again why am I being asked to pay non refundable deposit again when they already have 2 deposits for cancelled cruises ? 

Because you will be refunded Via an FCC the deposits  from the other 2 bookings.  This applies to the UK as well.  They have made exceptions to the deposit rules.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Because you will be refunded the deposits  from the other 2 bookings.  This applies to the UK as well.  They have made exceptions to the deposit riles because of the cancellations. 

No I was told the deposits would be FCC - I had paid both cruises in full 

Can you provide anything in writing from RC stating that ?

3 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

No I was told the deposits would be FCC - I had paid both cruises in full 

Can you provide anything in writing from RC stating that ?

I edited my post to say that they are returned via FCC.  Point is you still have your deposits back.  See my post a couple of posts back about reallocating your deposit to port fees and taxes as well as gratuities which would have to be paid in cash regardless. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I edited my post to say that they are returned via FCC.  Point is you still have your deposits back.  See my post a couple of posts back about reallocating your deposit to port fees and taxes as well as gratuities which would have to be paid in cash regardless. 

Look I’m not trying to be funny - I’m already into Royal Caribbean for 2 fully paid cruises cancelled  ive a 3rd booked but only the deposit paid - i prefer to tip myself so i dont prepay - so there’s NO WAY I’m putting anymore cash up front

I’m a Diamond member ( loyal to RC )  - and if we’re all in this together lets have a bit of flexibility about this seeing I’m lending them my money !!  Its not a big ask to use my cash that i used as a deposit to be transferred to the new cruises 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

Look I’m not trying to be funny - I’m already into Royal Caribbean for 2 fully paid cruises cancelled  ive a 3rd booked but only the deposit paid - i prefer to tip myself so i dont prepay - so there’s NO WAY I’m putting anymore cash up front

I’m a Diamond member ( loyal to RC )  - and if we’re all in this together lets have a bit of flexibility about this seeing I’m lending them my money !!  Its not a big ask to use my cash that i used as a deposit to be transferred to the new cruises 

I’m just stating the rules that Royal  currently has in place.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m just stating the rules that Royal  currently has in place.

Where are the rules - its a complete farce 

here is the email sent to me informing me they’d cancelled my cruises - do you see anything about my deposits ?

Below, are some options we've prepared for you.

As a result of this change, we're providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by December 31, 2021.

• This amount will be based on your total cruise fare paid. And, we're giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
  • We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit by Monday, April 30th, 2020 via email. So, there's nothing for you to do!
  • Taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 30 days.
  • Please note:
    • If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit for this sailing, you do not qualify for this offer. 
    • And, if you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, you'll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate for 125% of your total cruise fare value paid, including the value of your original certificate.
    • If you were impacted by our first global suspension (sailings through April 10, 2020), and paid additional monetary funds on a new booking within this extended suspension period, you'll receive two 125% Future Cruise Credits: one for the original booking and another equal to 125% of any monies paid towards cruise fare on the new booking. You are able to opt in to refund one or both via the process below. 

Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we're happy to process this for you

2 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

Where are the rules - its a complete farce 

here is the email sent to me informing me they’d cancelled my cruises - do you see anything about my deposits ?

Below, are some options we've prepared for you.

As a result of this change, we're providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by December 31, 2021.

• This amount will be based on your total cruise fare paid. And, we're giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
  • We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit by Monday, April 30th, 2020 via email. So, there's nothing for you to do!
  • Taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 30 days.
  • Please note:
    • If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit for this sailing, you do not qualify for this offer. 
    • And, if you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, you'll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate for 125% of your total cruise fare value paid, including the value of your original certificate.
    • If you were impacted by our first global suspension (sailings through April 10, 2020), and paid additional monetary funds on a new booking within this extended suspension period, you'll receive two 125% Future Cruise Credits: one for the original booking and another equal to 125% of any monies paid towards cruise fare on the new booking. You are able to opt in to refund one or both via the process below. 

Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we're happy to process this for you

Can Future Cruise Credits be used to pay for the deposit owed on my client’s reservation?

A Global Sailing Suspension FCC cannot be used to simply pay for the cruise deposit. However, if the gross cruise fare is less than the amount of the FCC, no payment would be required other than the amount due for taxes and fees. If the FCC does not cover the gross cruise fare, the guest will be required to pay either the balance due, or the deposit amount, whichever is lower. Guests awaiting the delivery of their FCC can take advantage of the automatic option extension to May 31, 2020, at which time the FCC must be applied.

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Can Future Cruise Credits be used to pay for the deposit owed on my client’s reservation?

A Global Sailing Suspension FCC cannot be used to simply pay for the cruise deposit. However, if the gross cruise fare is less than the amount of the FCC, no payment would be required other than the amount due for taxes and fees. If the FCC does not cover the gross cruise fare, the guest will be required to pay either the balance due, or the deposit amount, whichever is lower. Guests awaiting the delivery of their FCC can take advantage of the automatic option extension to May 31, 2020, at which time the FCC must be applied.

Yet you posted on another post about someone else who RC let them use FCCs as a deposit 🤔

2 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

Yet you posted on another post about someone else who RC let them use FCCs as a deposit 🤔

Please post a link to that.  If I did it was before Royal changed the rules.  

What i I know I have posted is that Royal will allow you to make a reservation without putting a deposit down until May 31 to allow time for for your FCC to be processed.  At that time you can apply your FCC and only pay the taxes and fees. .  Thais doesn’t apply if you are booking within final payment. 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Please post a link to that.  If I did it was before Royal changed the rules.  

What i I know I have posted is that Royal will allow you to make a reservation without putting a deposit down until May 31 to allow time for for your FCC to be processed.  At that time you can apply your FCC and only pay the taxes and fees. .  Thais doesn’t apply if you are booking within final payment. 

THEY WON'T let you do that - thats what ive been saying all along repeatedly told i must pay another deposit !! even though i paid 2 deposits and paid both cruises in FULL  

both my cruises had been paid in FULL 

Here is the post 

I spoke to a guy named Terry and the call quality was excellent and he was very helpful. He said he could put me on this cruise and make notes on the old reservation and the newer one to use my FCC when available. He said they are now booking with NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED  for people with FCC. 

YET they've told me i must put another deposit down to secure a rescheduled B2B cruises next year and to make matters worse its the identical sailings as those cancelled