Oasis still coming to Bayonne??

bren61

We have a CL on 9/13 for about $3450 for two. Probably never gonna see that price again. Unless they cancel the entire NY season, by mid-June when final payment is due, they wont cancel that far out. They are keeping the final payment dates outside of any cancelled period to help cash flow and make the guest decide if they want to give them the $$ for a few months in the hopes of getting all the cash back. Otherwise its the CWC program and an FCC and then only if they extend the CWC ending date of 9/1. From a business perspective its not a bad idea, aside from their ability to actually handle 90 or 100 days of cancelled sailings at one time.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

For those having FCC issued, I really wish they would honor the price we paid for the exact same cabin & sail month. The FCC of 125% isn't going to cover or come close to what I paid for my cabin. 

3 hours ago, jptoz said:

I'm scheduled to go on the July 4 Oasis sailing, but the only way I could see these cruises taking place, is if they test everyone before boarding and only go to Coco cay and  or Labadee. This way  they can control passengers exposure on land. Also what Caribbean island would allow 5000 people from the tristate area onto there island, they you have to be nuts. 

Most of them. These island nations survive on tourism dollars brought by the cruise lines.

3 hours ago, jptoz said:

I'm scheduled to go on the July 4 Oasis sailing, but the only way I could see these cruises taking place, is if they test everyone before boarding and only go to Coco cay and  or Labadee. This way  they can control passengers exposure on land. Also what Caribbean island would allow 5000 people from the tristate area onto there island, they you have to be nuts. 

Double post. Cant find a delete button.

Edited by Boyetter2013

25 minutes ago, Boyetter2013 said:

Most of them. These island nations survive on tourism dollars brought by the cruise lines.

Most of them have health care systems that would collapse if one sick ship like Diamond Princess sailed into port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Carnival canceled the complete New York season early because their designated ships are not ready, Radiance not converted from Victory and Mardi Grass delayed.

Yep, Mardi Gras in NY was cancelled months ago, way before COVID

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Plenty of Haitians work in the Labadee compound and the have zero clue what personal space or social distancing is.

Coco Cay used to operate with almost no outside help, maybe Labadee could do the same. Just cut back a few activity 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Coco Cay used to operate with almost no outside help, maybe Labadee could do the same. Just cut back a few activity 

You mean kick out the poor locals that make their living and feed their families by harrassing RCI's guests? Personally, I'd be disappointed not having the opportunity to walk the gauntlet of vendors selling their locally crafted, family hand made, items that arrived directly from China.

I'm sure this would really help local - corporate relations.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

You mean kick out the poor locals that make their living and feed their families by harrassing RCI's guests? Personally, I'd be disappointed not having the opportunity to walk the gauntlet of vendors selling their locally crafted, family hand made, items that arrived directly from China.

Once was enough for me.

As far as the locals, life sux.

Just pay off the powers that be

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Once was enough for me.

As far as the locals, life sux.

Just pay off the powers that be

I seem to remember those locals, for whom life sux, being able to shut the place down with some protest they held in the harbor. I can't remember all the details now.

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I seem to remember those locals, for whom life sux, being able to shut the place down with some protest they held in the harbor. I can't remember all the details now.

As I recall that was staged with the approval of the local authorities.

Just to let you all know, it Is probably my fault that Oasis may not come to Bayonne.  First we became Diamond Plus and Oasis is my favorite.  We were hoping to enjoy our new perks in September.  We are only 15 minutes from the port so it was exciting to have Oasis here.  Anyway, sorry😢

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

As I recall that was staged with the approval of the local authorities.

Well RCI better keep paying those local authorities well and hope not too many of them have relatives working in the compound.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I found an e-mail today from a travel agency for Oasis out of NJ on July 30 for an inside at $1109 pp plus all the fees and taxes. Is that really a way for RCI to entice people to book a cruise that is unlikely to happen?

They should drop the price just to bait people for a deposit. There are plenty who will take the bait. Ship most likely won’t sail since it could be 100 days before it can even position here.

6 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

They should drop the price just to bait people for a deposit. There are plenty who will take the bait. Ship most likely won’t sail since it could be 100 days before it can even position here.

The same with ridiculous drink prices for next year. Wouldn't it make more sense to offer pricing that entices people to buy nine months before they will ever taste a drop of RCI's alcohol? It would certainly help with cash flow. Instead they jack up the price to something people won't touch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just to let you all know, it Is probably my fault that Oasis may not come to Bayonne.  First we became Diamond Plus and Oasis is my favorite.  We were hoping to enjoy our new perks in September.  We are only 15 minutes from the port so it was exciting to have Oasis here.  Anyway, sorry😢

I think it might be my fault actually. I've wanted to sail an Oasis ship since they first came out but I don't fly so the only way is take the train down to Florida or someday hope for Oasis to come here to NJ. Guess which was supposed to happen first? I booked not too long after it was announced she was coming to NJ. May cruise cancelled, rescheduled for Sept. 6th and God only know even if that will sail off. I'm gonna cry if we don't go in Sept, and if we can't go at all in 2020. 😭 

Edited by JAMESCC

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

Okay, we can share blame🤪If we do somehow go in September, I look forward to meeting you and your family.

Oh right, I forgot we are on the same cruise. OK, we can share the blame, no problem. Every time we get close to sailing her, she is taken away. Between me and you, I think we will sail in Sept. That is 80% hope, 20% confidence. 

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Have you seen the prices inside final payment? Plenty of bait there and it needs to be paid in full, not just deposit.

I did see those. They were unbelievable for a reason. I did a mock booking just because usually when I see a good price by the time get to the end the price jumps big time. That didn't happen with these bookings. If I thought that there was a chance in hell that it would sail I would have booked even though  I'm not a fan of Oasis or the itinerary and I'm unemployed.

2 hours ago, Boyetter2013 said:

They get more money from the tourist that stay there for a week than from the hit and run cruise ship tourist that run into Diamonds International and jump back on the ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bren61 said:

Our final payment is due mid July.  I sure hope they know something by then.  Even though I have a NRD, I will opt for a refund rather than FCC.

How do you propose to do that unless the cruise is canceled?

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The same with ridiculous drink prices for next year. Wouldn't it make more sense to offer pricing that entices people to buy nine months before they will ever taste a drop of RCI's alcohol? It would certainly help with cash flow. Instead they jack up the price to something people won't touch.

I thought this too, easy option for cash flow is promotional pricing for internet, dining and drinks packages for future cruises. 

Wouldn’t we all be in for $20 Chops in 2021?! 😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bren61 said:

Our final payment is due mid July.  I sure hope they know something by then.  Even though I have a NRD, I will opt for a refund rather than FCC.

If you have a NRD there is no refund unless you make final payment and the cruise is cancelled.

With the NRD you will only get a FCC cancelling before final payment. (No penalties though)