Veterans Get Together at the Pub

My husband served in the US Marines 1964-68.  He was a sea going marine on the USS Northampton guarding the US President.  He was a guard for President Johnson.  Then Camp Lejeune & a 6 month med cruise.

I am also a Gold Star Mother.  My oldest son was in the Navy 1983-1995.  He died at Walter Reed Hospital.  

My younger son was in the Navy 1985-1992 then Army Reserves (1998?- 2019) serving in Iraq & Afganizagtan.

We are a military family.  Thank you all for your service.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My first ever cruise was a free 21 night cruise in September 1966 from Tacoma WA (Fort Lewis) to Vung Tau, Vietnam, courtesy of 4th Inf. Div. on the troop ship Gen.Walker. Google the Walker, some neat video on her. Lived in the jungle for a year in and around Tay Ninh, Cu Chi and Cambodia, came home in 1967.

Next up, Grandeur!

Rick, B2/12inf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, PTAngel said:

My husband served in the US Marines 1964-68.  He was a sea going marine on the USS Northampton guarding the US President.  He was a guard for President Johnson.  Then Camp Lejeune & a 6 month med cruise.

I am also a Gold Star Mother.  My oldest son was in the Navy 1983-1995.  He died at Walter Reed Hospital.  

My younger son was in the Navy 1985-1992 then Army Reserves (1998?- 2019) serving in Iraq & Afganizagtan.

We are a military family.  Thank you all for your service.

And thank you for your sacrifice and your family for their service.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MedicKenK said:

US Air Force 70-74. Security Police (The Smith & Wesson days) Plattsburgh, Incirlik, Minot 

I was stationed at Incirlik in 1972-1973. TUSLOG Det 16. Not an easy assignment for a woman but I did get to see a lot of the Middle East.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WI-Cruiser said:

Spent time on your sister ship USS Pharris (FF 1094)

Typo in my service dates: 1982 to 1988

I had a good time on the Ainsworth - went to Guantanamo bay - drydock in Charleston. The crew was great and the BT's in the Fireroom were top notch. I learned a lot from them.

4 hours ago, WI-Cruiser said:

U.S. Navy Cryptologic Technician 1973 - 1995.  Been there, done that, got the tee shirts to prove it ⛴️🌎.

Ran into a Spook at a veterans get together and we were on the same patrol!  Hard to believe with only 120 guys on the boat, we spent 91 days underwater and we never met!

1 hour ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Ran into a Spook at a veterans get together and we were on the same patrol!  Hard to believe with only 120 guys on the boat, we spent 91 days underwater and we never met!

That's why we're called spooks.....🕵️‍♂️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MedicKenK said:

US Air Force 70-74. Security Police (The Smith & Wesson days) Plattsburgh, Incirlik, Minot 

i was in the navy, but i have always  heard about minot. i work with someone who was stationed at minot. thank you for your service

3 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Have you seen Blind Man's Bluff - History Channel Documentary?  Might be up your alley.  Discusses the types of missions you may have been on.