Veterans Get Together at the Pub

27 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

My Navy friends will understand...going to the bo'sun's locker for 50 feet of shore line, going to the Engine Room for relative bearing grease or a BT punch, going to the fo'csle to see a sea bat.

While you're doing that keep you eye out for the mail buoy, and grab an A.S.H. holder.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

The Army liked to send the new new guy to the arms room to be measured for a riffle.  Or to supply for to get a fatigue tie.

ARMY 1977-2005

A senior Air Force airmen would send a young wing nut to get a bucket of jet wash. 

• Like 1

USMC Airwing:  Noobies would be sent for the keys to the aircraft or sent for 50' of flightline.  They were also subjected to "hammer qualifications".  This consisted of being able to strike the head of a nail with a hammer,  once the had hit the nail several times and feeling confident, they would be blind folded and told to hit the nail.  Their freshly starched cover (hat) would be placed over the nail.    

Love this!  In honor of my best Friend who served in the Pacific on a Navy destroyer during the Vietnam conflict.  He is gone now, but not forgotten!

My service was in the Air Force, 1967-1992.

To all the Guardians of America -Thank You.

• Thanks 1

RAF 1988 - 1997

Served with - 

USAF at Incirlik (twice) 

USN at Sigonella

What is a 'Veteran'?

A Veteran - whether on active service, discharged, retired or on reserve is someone who at some point in their life wrote a blank cheque made payable to ' Her Majesty the Queen ' for an amount upto and including their life.

That is an HONOUR and a privilege!

Sailor, Soldier, Marine or Airman - we are brothers and sisters together.

051_2344w5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here in Arizona this morning had a B-17 Flying Fortress & B-25 Mitchell Bomber's with a C-47 Skytrain flying in formation over my house. The Arizona Commemorative Air Force was did this historic flyover to include Mesa Cemetery, USS Arizona Monument at State Capital and National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona to celebrate the 75th yr end of World War 2...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

On 5/3/2020 at 6:36 PM, davekathy said:

A senior Air Force airmen would send a young wing nut to get a bucket of jet wash. 

Also, sending new maintainers on the flight line to go get the keys to the airplane. 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 12:26 PM, sparks1093 said:

Yep. In Radio we had new guys separating the classified chads from the unclassified ones.

We had a Radarman Chief who sent a new seaman recruit fresh out of boot camp down to the engine room to get a new fallopian tube.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Here in Arizona this morning had a B-17 Flying Fortress & B-25 Mitchell Bomber's with a C-47 Skytrain flying in formation over my house. The Arizona Commemorative Air Force was did this historic flyover to include Mesa Cemetery, USS Arizona Monument at State Capital and National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona to celebrate the 75th yr end of World War 2...

We live right by CAF base at Falcon field and I still rush outside when I hear B-17 Sentimental Journey flying over.  What a treat and today's fly over was outstanding!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

We live right by CAF base at Falcon field and I still rush outside when I hear B-17 Sentimental Journey flying over.  What a treat and today's fly over was outstanding!

San Tan Valley here. Every time the B-29 and others come to Gateway the path of flight right over my house, 7 times in a weekend for her Flight landings. Didn't know about Flight today, was laying on my Couch hearing roar of the 3 planes thinking sounds like the B-29 but cant be. Looked  out and saw them just as they passed over nice and low!

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 5/3/2020 at 7:22 PM, WeMissSeaView said:

The Army liked to send the new new guy to the arms room to be measured for a riffle.  Or to supply for to get a fatigue tie.

ARMY 1977-2005

The paratroops would send you to supply to get canopy lights.

3 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

I guess we had luxury accommodations when compared with all those that served in theater during Vietnam

Submarine berthing.jpg

Definitely more extravagant than the old canvas racks we had on the Newport News.  But still 100 times better than sleeping in the mud like some of those poor ground pounders.

• Like 1