July Cruise

Pugs&Kisses

40 minutes ago, Pugs&Kisses said:

I am hearing more and more that July cruises are most likely going to be canceled. 

When do you think we will know for sure. I am hoping it won't be late minute. I am trying to make back up plans. 

Any ideas?

Probably in about 30 days from last round of cancellations... another month

I think they will cancel 30 days in advance.  I think the earliest possible sailings will be in the fall, if even then. I've got a cruise in September and I give it a 50-50 of sailing.  Even that's being generous.  Anyway, I think they will continue cancelling sailings 30 days in advance.

16 hours ago, Anak said:

just scheduled a July 4, 2020 cruise for 8 days.  They told they are resuming cruises late June.  If it cancels, just will reschedule for a later cruise. 

Exactly the right attitude to have

2 hours ago, jsscuba2 said:

I spoke with my PVP about no bookings available for my July 20 cruise. She said that they are closely monitoring how many people book.

I wonder if my june 28 cruise will go

I've read only 4 ports open possibly, galveston is one of the 4.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I wonder if my june 28 cruise will go

I've read only 4 ports open possibly, galveston is one of the 4.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything is the US port is open. All of the Caribbean is shut down, so nowhere to go. Maybe their private island?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bahacca said:

Doesn't necessarily mean anything is the US port is open. All of the Caribbean is shut down, so nowhere to go. Maybe their private island?

We are beginning to hear of island discussing opening the middle of this month, some will be longer than others.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bahacca said:

Mixed feelings. I got such a great rate if it goes I'd love it.

I found same cruise in november with a good cabin but at least $250 more. Seems like carnival prices going up further out you book just like rcl.

Lol like everyone else ... I just want to know already.

Edited by firefly333

13 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

We are beginning to hear of island discussing opening the middle of this month, some will be longer than others.  

I'm leaving from Galveston. Hotels only open 25%... would cruises out of Galveston be subject to same?

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I'm leaving from Galveston. Hotels only open 25%... would cruises out of Galveston be subject to same?

No, I was referring to land based.  Cruising is on hold to at the very least the end of June for Carnival.  

12 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

No, I was referring to land based.  Cruising is on hold to at the very least the end of June for Carnival.  

Huh you quoted me but didnt answer. My cruise is june 28th and not cancelled, but cant be booked which everyone knows the dates until when carnival cancelled, 2 days before my cruise. 

My question is if Galveston is still under the governor's order to be open at 25%, wouldnt the port be under the same restriction. I cant figure out your reply yes or no

Let's say it's up to 50-%, statewide by governor's order. Why wouldnt it affect the port within texas waters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Huh you quoted me but didnt answer. My cruise is june 28th and not cancelled, but cant be booked which everyone knows the dates until when carnival cancelled, 2 days before my cruise. 

My question is if Galveston is still under the governor's order to be open at 25%, wouldnt the port be under the same restriction. I cant figure out your reply yes or no

Let's say it's up to 50-%, statewide by governor's order. Why wouldnt it affect the port within texas waters.

I really have no idea.  Was not trying to evade, but more specify what I was meaning.  My guess is that the cruise line will have to come up with an embarkation plan that meets that directive (whatever it will be at that time, let’s hope for 50%).  The answer is probably to be decided between now and then.

10 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I really have no idea.  Was not trying to evade, but more specify what I was meaning.  My guess is that the cruise line will have to come up with an embarkation plan that meets that directive (whatever it will be at that time, let’s hope for 50%).  The answer is probably to be decided between now and then.

The port itself is on texas land. Seems like we might have to do social distancing and 25% or 50% of capacity even allowed in port to check in.

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The port itself is on texas land. Seems like we might have to do social distancing and 25% or 50% of capacity even allowed in port to check in.

Agreed, that is why I said they would have to come up with a plan that meets the directive, one example on how to do this is a staggered embarkation.