Latitudes points on cancelled cruises

coastcat

Meanwhile back at the ranch -

What's the fuss about points ?

If you have some or none it is meaningless if there be NO CRUISING !

If you had points there still will be NO CRUISING !

If you have none still no difference - NO CRUISING !

Once cruising resumes and afterward the points will be back in play (Maybe !)

As for bumping this around - getting the attention of NCL

I am sure that NCL has an Office of Points Recovery

It is evident by the posts above by those guests losing them.

• Like 1

We were showing latitudes points for two cruises that were canceled in March & June of 2020 and I, too, was hoping it was some kind of good will gesture by NCL.  The points stayed on our account until about March 1, 2021, so it looks like NCL is getting around to correcting the error. 😪

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Ncl needs to learn something. Rcl gave out extra points for days stuck at sea from the hurricane.  Here was a chance at good pr at nearly no cost and they blew it.  

So you think NCL should give out points for cruises that were cancelled due to no fault of their own! I've experienced several cancellations during the Covid lockdown, mostly airline cancellations. They don't give you the miles for cancelled flights. Some are not giving refunds, only vouchers and then I experience even more cancelled flights.

In addition, NCL loyalty rewards and RCL's rewards programs don't begin to compare, looking at the rewards from RCL, no wonder they can give points away.

I can't begin to understand the position of people wanting something for nothing and complaining when they don't get it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Ncl needs to learn something. Rcl gave out extra points for days stuck at sea from the hurricane.  Here was a chance at good pr at nearly no cost and they blew it.  

So you are saying that because one cruise line gave out points for unplanned days ACTUALLY SAILED, another cruise line should should be obliged to  give out points for days NOT sailed.  By your logic if a criminal breaks out of jail he ought to be given credit for the days he was on the lamb since he was supposed to be locked up for those day....  LOL LOL LOL

7 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

So you are saying that because one cruise line gave out points for unplanned days ACTUALLY SAILED, another cruise line should should be obliged to  give out points for days NOT sailed.  By your logic if a criminal breaks out of jail he ought to be given credit for the days he was on the lamb since he was supposed to be locked up for those day....  LOL LOL LOL

Hopefully that criminal wasn't "on the lamb".   Seriously LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't think people are complaining about the points being removed, just saying that it would have been a much-appreciated PR move, especially for those of us who are not yet platinum.  I was always prepared for the points to be removed, and NCL still remains my first choice for cruising!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mtrancher said:

So you think NCL should give out points for cruises that were cancelled due to no fault of their own! I've experienced several cancellations during the Covid lockdown, mostly airline cancellations. They don't give you the miles for cancelled flights. Some are not giving refunds, only vouchers and then I experience even more cancelled flights.

In addition, NCL loyalty rewards and RCL's rewards programs don't begin to compare, looking at the rewards from RCL, no wonder they can give points away.

I can't begin to understand the position of people wanting something for nothing and complaining when they don't get it.

Yes I do , for tying up our money fir a year its the least they could do. 

• Like 1

I wrote to them for no reason yesterday to ask for point for my cancelled cruise- I said some bs like, since I paid for it I had intended on going- i was very nice and polite.

They actually emailed me back and added in the 7 points. It would get me to platinum 1 cruise quicker- it would be a win win for both sides- because then they would get 2 more cruises from me.

It was listed as a executive adjustment. 

On 3/27/2021 at 5:40 AM, MoCruiseFan said:

LOL You was wrong!😂