Im confused about this video

Fireworks77

Does anyone know when this video may have been taken.  Im confused because I thought the last Cruise ships  disembarked paying guests about 2 weeks ago.  This video shows people on passenger balconies.  They do not appear to be crew as i noticed a couple of kids on deck as well.

please advise. Im very interested

https://youtu.be/Ks6w39ZXNOA

I see no reason to dispute it the date mentioned on the video: PTZ's 'thing' is scenic livecams, of which ship arrivals and departures are included, and, checking ship trackers, the CP was in FLL on the 27th as an unscheduled (pre-COVID) stop. The ~6:30PM time of arrival seems to match the ambient light as sunset wouldn't've been for about another hour twenty.

Edit: As to why there seems to be passengers on it... no idea.

Edited by Cuedon

4 hours ago, Fireworks77 said:

Does anyone know when this video may have been taken.  Im confused because I thought the last Cruise ships  disembarked paying guests about 2 weeks ago.  This video shows people on passenger balconies.  They do not appear to be crew as i noticed a couple of kids on deck as well.

please advise. Im very interested

https://youtu.be/Ks6w39ZXNOA

Until yesterday, there were about a dozen passengers remaining on Coral.

I heard they were moved to Emerald.

And, I think Coral is going to Phillipines.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fireworks77 said:

This video shows people on passenger balconies.  They do not appear to be crew as i noticed a couple of kids on deck as well.

They are all crew. I did not notice any kids. The Regal is currently taking European crew members home. The Caribbean seems to have South American crew aboard.

2 hours ago, Cuedon said:

I see no reason to dispute it the date mentioned on the video: PTZ's 'thing' is scenic livecams, of which ship arrivals and departures are included, and, checking ship trackers, the CP was in FLL on the 27th as an unscheduled (pre-COVID) stop. The ~6:30PM time of arrival seems to match the ambient light as sunset wouldn't've been for about another hour twenty.

Edit: As to why there seems to be passengers on it... no idea.

FYI,CP is the designation for Sea Princess.

I’m not sure. But, I’ve seen several crew videos where they’re now wearing their civilian clothing onboard. And, to “social distance,” I wouldn’t be surprised (since the ships have none or very few passengers) that they’ve moved crew to some of the passenger cabins.  So, it could be crew on the balconies.

They have moved crew who no longer have duties to pax cabins to help with the distancing required by the pandemic.  Since they are not working, they can wear whatever they want.  Princess has been consolidating crew according to their country of origin and taking them home.  

• Like 1

The video is very weird indeed. Especially I am surprised they had flags on board. Whats the point? I also surprised about the date. I heard all the ships have already arrived to their mother ports and await the start of future operation. Also the ship looks quite deserted. I thought there will be plenty of people on board. In any case I hope everyone is doing alright. I am glad they are back home 

6 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

FYI,CP is the designation for Sea Princess.

Wow, I would have guessed that "C" was short for "Coral."  Despite all the posts that mentioned the "CP", I never bothered to check.,

I learned something today, so I guess I can now take a nap!

26 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Wow, I would have guessed that "C" was short for "Coral."  Despite all the posts that mentioned the "CP", I never bothered to check.,

I learned something today, so I guess I can now take a nap!

People often refer to Caribbean Princess as CP but it’s designation is CB.I believe Coral is CO.

4 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

People often refer to Caribbean Princess as CP but it’s designation is CB.I believe Coral is CO.

Princess should have avoided the confusion by having only one ship with the initials CP. 

3 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

Uh, sorry; didn't mean to derail the thread by using the wrong abbreviation... I just went with what I figured was a contextually appropriate acronym.

Don't worry, we would have found some other way to derail the conversation.  We love to go off on unexpected tangents!

20 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Princess should have avoided the confusion by having only one ship with the initials CP. 

Princess has re-used past abbreviations. If you look on the Princess site and click on a ship you will find the proper abbreviation as part of the URL. For reference:

Princess Ship Abbreviations

CB - Caribbean Princess
CO - Coral Princess
KP - Crown Princess
DP - Dawn Princess
DI - Diamond Princess

XP - Discovery Princess
EP - Emerald Princess

EX - Enchanted Princess
NP - Golden Princess
AP - Grand Princess
IP - Island Princess