Next round of cancellations

Anyone any guesses as to when next round of cancellations will be announced? I am presuming that month by month cancellations will go ahead for a while - I cant remember when the last round of cancellations was announced but they are up to June 12th  - right? (due to sail July 11th!)

6 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

Agree with in a few weeks, I just wonder if they will do a cancel until the end of July with the next one.  With all the crew members going home how long will it take them to get them all back.  Anthem drops them off, does a little yard period for warranty purposes, then picks them back up to bring to US.

I think the next round might actually bring about a ship specific cancellation similar to what Carnival has done.  Half a dozen ships on the  same 30 day cancellation schedule and others moved to a 60 day or longer cancellation based on their itinerary.   I’m not sure if Carnival has actually officially cancelled those Voyages or just stopped selling them.  I wonder if they had a lot of bookings just for people to get the $600 OBC they were offering in addition to their FCC. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Might be on a ship by ship basis.

I'm from Ireland and no hotels are allowed to open before July 20th, when they do it will be limited and reduced capacity, we are not to travel more than 5km from home at the moment! and that's if everything goes well with the 'covid plan' before then. 

Although some are critical of our governments covid plan at least it is public knowledge and we can see the route ahead to opening the country back up. I wish royal would release some sort of plan but understand why they cant with revenues. 

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think the next round might actually bring about a ship specific cancellation similar to what Carnival has done.  Half a dozen ships on the  same 30 day cancellation schedule and others moved to a 60 day or longer cancellation based on their itinerary.   I’m not sure if Carnival has actually officially cancelled those Voyages or just stopped selling them.  I wonder if they had a lot of bookings just for people to get the $600 OBC they were offering in addition to their FCC. 

Looks like Carnival has cancelled everything until at least August 1. RCCL should be out soon. 😔

Edited by SarahD112

1 hour ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

Agree with in a few weeks, I just wonder if they will do a cancel until the end of July with the next one.  With all the crew members going home how long will it take them to get them all back.  Anthem drops them off, does a little yard period for warranty purposes, then picks them back up to bring to US.

Crew currently at home on vacation for some time will be recalled first before those currently on ships or being brought/sent home.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Following previous patterns in 2 weeks...Mid May. 

last round announce April 16th I believe 

Do you think they will extend the cruise with confidence date?  

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yep, looks like they just made it official this morning. 

Made what official?  Their website says no cruising till June 12th so not exactly the same as Carnival

2 hours ago, smush21 said:

Anyone any guesses as to when next round of cancellations will be announced? I am presuming that month by month cancellations will go ahead for a while - I cant remember when the last round of cancellations was announced but they are up to June 12th  - right? (due to sail July 11th!)

2h ago

Carnival Cruise Line to resume sailing Aug. 1

Jonathan Levin, Bloomberg News

•  

The Carnival Corp. Royal Princess cruise ship sits docked outside the Port of Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California, U.S., on Sunday, March 8, 2020. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a no-sail order to the Royal Princess as officials warned Americans over the weekend to avoid cruise ships. Photographer: Tim Rue/Bloomberg

The Carnival Corp. Royal Princess cruise ship sits docked outside the Port of Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California, U.S., on Sunday, March 8, 2020. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a no-sail order to the Royal Princess as officials warned Americans over the weekend to avoid cruise ships. Photographer: Tim Rue/Bloomberg , Bloomberg

Carnival Corp. (CCL:UN)

14.17 0.24 (1.72%)

As of: 05/04/20 12:25:31 pm
(delayed at least 15 minutes)
10. Feb9. Mar6. Apr4. May01020304050

Chart Type - 3month

See Full Stock Page »

Carnival Cruise Line plans to resume sailing on Aug. 1, potentially ending the pause in operations that began after coronavirus outbreaks on several ships.

19 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Made what official?  Their website says no cruising till June 12th so not exactly the same as Carnival

Carnivals cancellations.  Until this morning they were not available for sale but they weren't cancelled

We're on the edge. June 22nd out of Amsterdam. No flights booked (can't go there for now anyway). Even got our cruise docs today. There's no telling when! We will just wait out until end of May before buying flights if still on.

1 hour ago, Rako20 said:

2h ago

Carnival Cruise Line to resume sailing Aug. 1

Jonathan Levin, Bloomberg News

•  

Chart Type - 3month

Carnival Cruise Line plans to resume sailing on Aug. 1, potentially ending the pause in operations that began after coronavirus outbreaks on several ships.

I think that headline (copied from News Wire) LEAPS to an unproven conclusion. Announcing that you are cancelling sailings until 1 August is NOT by a long shot the same thing as announcing that you will resume sailing August 1. 

1 hour ago, TravelerThom said:

I think that headline (copied from News Wire) LEAPS to an unproven conclusion. Announcing that you are cancelling sailings until 1 August is NOT by a long shot the same thing as announcing that you will resume sailing August 1. 

Agree, though unlike past they are naming which 8 ships are planning to restart, others canceled through Summer or ending their whole Season:  

Carnival Cruise Line on Monday announced a plan to phase in some North American cruises beginning August 1.

Eight ships will depart from Miami, Port Canaveral, Florida and Galveston, Texas, Carnival said in a statement.

"In connection with this plan, our pause in operations will be extended in all other North American and Australian markets through August 31," the statement said.

All North American cruises from June 27 to July 31 will be cancelled. All Spirit Alaskan cruises from Seattle, the Spirit Vancouver-Honolulu cruise on September 25 and the Honolulu-Brisbane transpacific cruise on October 6 will also be cancelled. Carnival said all of its Splendor cruises in Australia from June 19 to August 31 will also be cancell

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, TravelerThom said:

I’m with you...hats off to Carnival’s media department because they’ve manager to make the latest round of cancellations look like a positive thing. And I would be among the first to be excited if I thought there wouldn’t be months more of cancellations to come. The most positive thing I’ve heard today is the president say he thinks there will be a vaccine by the end of the year. That’s what’s going to make a difference for the cruise industry.