Who has received refunds?

We cancelled about a month ago  and received Our $500 refundable deposit about 2 weeks ago. We had cancelled our January 2021 cruise as DH is part of a high risk population. Sadly, Our traveling companions who have non refundable deposits are not able to get a refund. 

• Like 1

The cancellation announcement was made back in March for my May 4 cruise. However, the cancellation wasn't processed until April 24. Royal Caribbean rep told me it will take 30-45 days from the April 24 date, which is rather frustrating. Trying to be patient.

Royal cancelled my 18 April cruise mid-March.  I requested full refund.  I called and the rep said my date started on 24 April, and it would take 30-60 days from there to get my refund.  I refuted the charges on my Chase credit card.  Hopefully that will stoke the coals to get my refund moved to the top.  🍷

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CruisinCoyote said:

We cancelled about a month ago  and received Our $500 refundable deposit about 2 weeks ago. We had cancelled our January 2021 cruise as DH is part of a high risk population. Sadly, Our traveling companions who have non refundable deposits are not able to get a refund. 

I thought NRD meant that if you cancelled before final payment you got your deposit returned minus $100/person.

Has this changed ?

3 hours ago, pspercy said:

I thought NRD meant that if you cancelled before final payment you got your deposit returned minus $100/person.

Has this changed ?

I believe you forfeit the $100pp, but the rest of the deposit to be used as FCC to be used within 1 year.  🍷

12 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Royal cancelled my 18 April cruise mid-March.  I requested full refund.  I called and the rep said my date started on 24 April, and it would take 30-60 days from there to get my refund.  I refuted the charges on my Chase credit card.  Hopefully that will stoke the coals to get my refund moved to the top.  🍷

I tried this also. My credit card company asked a few questions about why I am disputing, and then told me I cannot dispute the charges until/ unless I don't receive the refund within the timeline Royal said.

Happ to announce I received my full cruise fare and port tax refund this morning on my amex card for my may 25th cruise they had cancelled.

Still waiting for items I booked thru cruise planner but confident that refund is on its way.

Still waiting for my fcc for a march cruise that I had cancelled 2 days before they did.

48 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

I tried this also. My credit card company asked a few questions about why I am disputing, and then told me I cannot dispute the charges until/ unless I don't receive the refund within the timeline Royal said.

I was told 30 days when they cancelled the cruise.  They can't keep moving the goal posts.  🍷

• Like 1

We have received FCCs for our March and May cruises but have not received  port charges and taxes.   It will be a month Friday since we got the first FCC so  planning to call Royal on Monday if we don’t get it.

Sherri🙂

This is crazy.  We ( our family) still haven’t gotten refunds from March and April cruises that were paid in full and others are getting deposit refunds. I’m losing patience. 

I totally get it. The fact that there is no reason how and who gets refunds is ridiculous. It’s obviously not in order. Makes zero sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1