Today I filed a non fradulent dispute against NCL

seaman11

On 5/5/2020 at 9:20 PM, All-ready2cruise said:

Again, you are not alone... unfortunately, you have to wonder who would be listening? IMO, no one of any importance.  The brass have POM... their minions... not so much. 

Any attempts to give them your peace of mind would, I'm afraid, fall on deaf ears.  They simply don't care. Sad, but true. 

So true,  the way they are treating customers does not make any sense. NCL just does not care about its customers at all.

• Like 1

This sort of stuff started well before now.  This all started when DelRio took over.  It's my hope that the BOD eventually understands that the way to make money is to keep your current customers (which is much easier than recruiting new ones), while offering a product that gets others onto their ships.

So far, the only thing DelRio has done is alienate current customers.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

This sort of stuff started well before now.  This all started when DelRio took over.  It's my hope that the BOD eventually understands that the way to make money is to keep your current customers (which is much easier than recruiting new ones), while offering a product that gets others onto their ships.

So far, the only thing DelRio has done is alienate current customers.

I agree. We cancelled our October 10 day BEFORE final payment on 4/24/20.

Got the refund yesterday 5/14. Looking elsewhere to spend my disposable income.

• Like 1

OP-after reading of your experience with a cancelled cruise, I went into my NCL account. We were to sail on Dawn 3 23 20. It was cancelled by NCL and I filled out and have an email receipt of my request for a refund. In my account, this cruise on Dawn is now listed in my cruise history and they gave us 14 points! This makes no sense to me. It looks like that Dawn sailing actually took place.

I called NCL and they said wait 90 days and the cruise fare will be returned. I asked why is a cancelled cruise listed in my cruise history and 14 points given??? They said that is a default. I asked what that meant? Default? YIKES!  This is one of two NCL cruises we had booked. The other would have been 5 23 20 and that was cancelled too. I again filled out a request for refund. 

On 5/5/2020 at 2:23 PM, seaman11 said:

Today I filed a non fraudulent dispute with my bank , since i have had 2 cancelled cruises by NCL and they have been telling me they cant find all my FCC's. They may "trickle in"  and im not talking about separate transactions like tips or packages. , just the main one for the cruise total. 

Very sad as they are in need of customers rebooking to keep money in house. However they are not doing the smart thing by making sure the customers feel confident about rebooking by moving their credits to the account., I will sail this year but may not be with NCL . I still have a deposit left on the sept cruise i may leave. However I am not impressed by the system and how they are going about these things. 

good for you, unacceptable that they can't find the FCC's any response yet? i hope you get your money back. I agree, i don't feel confident booking any future cruises with them. We hold 4 cruise next certificates but they expire next NOV 5 2021 and don't know if we will extend them. To me says a lot about a company when they are more worried about future cruise bookings as opposed to keeping customers happy now by doing prompt refunds and handling FCC's accordingly. On a good not we received credit for our April cruise LOL....we got the points...i have 146 points to make Ambassador.....LOL, really don't care though.

On 5/15/2020 at 7:47 AM, skywonder said:

So true,  the way they are treating customers does not make any sense. NCL just does not care about its customers at all.

Anyone not in the Haven is just resource-consuming meat to Frank Del Rio. 

15 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Frankly, if I could find a way to make $Millions, I would do it in a heart beat.  But, I would expect my compensation would be tied to my performance.  On that count, FDR has failed.  He hasn’t retained current customers.  And, from this point forward, he’ll be hard pressed to attract new ones.

That said, I do miss the days of customer focused Kevin Sheehan.  He was innovative and customer centric in his leadership, all the while making a good profit.  

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 10:10 AM, EllieinNJ said:

We have a "notation" with our CC company that if we do not get the refund within 90 days (July 3) they will then start a chargeback.

I liked what Ellie has said above.  So I called my CC company. The rep I talked to was understanding and aware of what was going on and did a notation as well.  I feel fortunate that I spoke to a human being too. 

Edited by panamatiger
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 6:40 PM, SeaHunt said:

Sea Hunt quotes:

And make big bucks ($17.8M in 2019) 🤑 😁

image.png.f36eec7bb8345f99a3737fa4840cabe4.png

Graphic guy wrote:

Frankly, if I could find a way to make $Millions, I would do it in a heart beat.  But, I would expect my compensation would be tied to my performance.  On that count, FDR has failed.  He hasn’t retained current customers.  And, from this point forward, he’ll be hard pressed to attract new ones.

That said, I do miss the days of customer focused Kevin Sheehan.  He was innovative and customer centric in his leadership, all the while making a good profit.  

Amazing money table. Not getting warm and fuzzies here about the CEO - DelRio