Regent Explorer docked in Fernandina Beach

Our local shipping port is now home to the Regent Explorer for the next few months.

We have a really good view from my community across the icw. 

https://www.fbnewsleader.com/local-news/cruising-nowherefor-now

Too bad they don't stop  here or cruise from here.   It's a great little town and less than 40 minutes from JIA.

5 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Do you have a map?  Do you know how to use google?

Do you really need to be that rude?  I was simply asking.

Many things that are asked on CC could be answered by using Bing or Google.  Most of us that know the answer find it easier (and more polite) just to respond to the poster.

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Jackie...

yes it is in northern Florida. Near Amelia Island. 

That was a simple reply and now we ALL know where FD Beach is. No need to get snippy....we've all got enough other problems without being snide on CC.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Jackie...

yes it is in northern Florida. Near Amelia Island. 

On Amelia Island; not near.  It is near, however, Amelia Island Plantation which is a resort on Amelia Island.

Just now, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

I don’t think the ship is on the island, I am sure it’s in the water. 

The discussion was regarding Fernandina Beach which is ON Amelia Island.

I give up; I am glad I am somewhat selective regarding trivia team onboard; of course, Kwaj Girl is the expert in trivia; I am just a wannabe.  😉

5 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

The discussion was regarding Fernandina Beach which is ON Amelia Island.

I give up; I am glad I am somewhat selective regarding trivia team onboard; of course, Kwaj Girl is the expert in trivia; I am just a wannabe.  😉

🤗🙋‍♀️

3 hours ago, makai 7 said:

Our local shipping port is now home to the Regent Explorer for the next few months.

We have a really good view from my community across the icw. 

https://www.fbnewsleader.com/local-news/cruising-nowherefor-now

Too bad they don't stop  here or cruise from here.   It's a great little town and less than 40 minutes from JIA.

We live in St. Marys just across the river from you.  Where exactly in Fernandina is she moored?

9 hours ago, rcandkc said:

I’m glad we don’t join a trivia team anymore.  We “play” just the 2 of us.  Not official or graded 😀.  We have fun. 

We gave up trivia a few years ago.  People were so rude if you were sitting in a seat that they sat in the day before.  We had been on a few teams that were great but other teams went ballistic if an answer was wrong.  Not worth the headache.  We are there to have fun - not to worry about who was sitting where or afraid to suggest answer lest we be blasted.  

• Like 3

On 5/9/2020 at 3:13 PM, Travelcat2 said:

Do you really need to be that rude?  I was simply asking.

Many things that are asked on CC could be answered by using Bing or Google.  Most of us that know the answer find it easier (and more polite) just to respond to the poster.

I know my CC browsing sessions have been made more enjoyable since I found the 'Block' feature.  It's the little things in life...

• Like 4

Technically not "blocked", but "ignored".  Scroll up to your screen name on the right hand upper corner of page.  Click on it to bring up a list of options.  Click on "Ignored Users" and follow instructions.

Bill, my dogs ignore me (except at meal time), my wife ignores me (except when we go shopping), my kids ignore me (unless they need something), please don't block me 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, taxare said:

Bill, my dogs ignore me (except at meal time), my wife ignores me (except when we go shopping), my kids ignore me (unless they need something), please don't block me 😂 

Obviously you don't have cats.   🤣

22 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Obviously you don't have cats.   🤣

Great line and very true!

In terms of blocking, you have to really not want to read what is being posted since you will see every time that the blocked poster posts and won’t know what is being said.  Maybe I just have too much curiosity (and no - curiosity does it kill the cat).  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Great line and very true!

In terms of blocking, you have to really not want to read what is being posted since you will see every time that the blocked poster posts and won’t know what is being said.  Maybe I just have too much curiosity (and no - curiosity does it kill the cat).  

No curiosity for me - I can scroll right by the 'hidden post' notices and not even blink.

BTW, I should send you some pictures of our new addition to the family - Louis the seal-point ragdoll cat.  He's about 7 months now and VERY curious.  Mostly curious as to why he went to the vet last month and came home later minus a few, uh, baubles he'd had hanging around...but that's a topic for a different thread...

2 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

No curiosity for me - I can scroll right by the 'hidden post' notices and not even blink.

BTW, I should send you some pictures of our new addition to the family - Louis the seal-point ragdoll cat.  He's about 7 months now and VERY curious.  Mostly curious as to why he went to the vet last month and came home later minus a few, uh, baubles he'd had hanging around...but that's a topic for a different thread...

Always love seeing pictures of your fur-babes!  We have a thing for ragdoll and black cats.  

2 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Always love seeing pictures of your fur-babes!  We have a thing for ragdoll and black cats.  

Then you might like my new thread...kind of a digital anti-depressant!   😁