Change Onboard Booking NRD - Full Deposit Needed?

poffles

Has anyone had situation where they booked onboard under non refundable deposit and then later wanted to change? 

I realize from what I read that there will be a lost off $100 pp for the move, but will a deposit be required again? Booking onboard, the deposit was only $100 pp and the new booking as with most is definitely higher than that normally.

Hopefully I am making sense and I may just end up calling them but thought someone here has likely done this.  Thanks.

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

What are you trying to change.. cabin, sailing date, ship, NRD to RD?

Sorry ... the sailing entirely which means ultimately all change.  NRD is not an option on the new I've been looking at but don't think that should matter.

Under the new Cruise with Confidence you can move a NRD cruise to another cruise of your choice at current rates. You will not be charged the $100 PP change fee and will not need an additional deposit.  We did this earlier this week.   You can also do a "lift and shift" booking from your original cruise to a similar cruise a year later as long as it meets other criteria. You keep the original perks and price.

Call Celebrity to make the change.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Under the new Cruise with Confidence you can move a NRD cruise to another cruise of your choice at current rates. You will not be charged the $100 PP change fee and will not need an additional deposit.  We did this earlier this week.   You can also do a "lift and shift" booking from your original cruise to a similar cruise a year later as long as it meets other criteria. You keep the original perks and price.

OMG I didn't realize that.  I did move my cruise using lift and shift as there was no way we were going the date we had booked, but the future date isn't ideal either but figured better do that than nothing.  Now looking and thinking it might be best just to just book the time we would really want.

I wonder now if I will be stuck with the 'one lift shift' and not be able to change it without further penalty.  Dang it how did I miss that, I only read about the same date same sailing in the next year.  I would have done this and just considered the difference in perks  .. ugh.

Edited by poffles

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Calling now ... I assume I will lose the $200 OBC I got for NDR though.

We had May 2021 TA on Apex booked with NRD and I called to change our booking to Silhouette Europe May 2021 and our deposit was just transferred over with no penalty.  In fact our booking number remained the same, too.

33 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We had May 2021 TA on Apex booked with NRD and I called to change our booking to Silhouette Europe May 2021 and our deposit was just transferred over with no penalty.  In fact our booking number remained the same, too.

So ... this is not the lift and shift so not treated the same (which I knew since I already did that 🙂)

Just called and rebooked to totally different sailing, coincidentally the same ship and itinerary and even cabin same category.  No NDR penalty and no new deposit for the new booking, and of course as a new booking all the perks are now what the offer is for the new which ended up better.  I lost the $200 OBC perk for booking NDR but retained the $200 for booking onboard (which I expected)

The two sailings were close in cost ... the new one was going to cost around $100 more which I was okay with but check out how they compare in the end.

Original: 

$400 OBC ($200 for booking on board; $200 for NRD)

Bev Pkg Perk

New Booking:

$200 OBC ($200 for booking on board)

Bev Pkg Perk

Gratuities Perk

WIFI Perk

Oh and the kicker ... near the end at the pricing she says 'OH it's a bit cheaper as you also got a 10% loyalty discount'????  Lowered it by $550 CAD so it ended up being $400 less than the original booking and more benefits.  OMG 🙂

Thanks everyone.  Oh and my call wait time was less than 10 minutes!

Edited by poffles
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, poffles said:

So ... this is not the lift and shift so not treated the same (which I knew since I already did that 🙂)

Just called and rebooked to totally different sailing, coincidentally the same ship and itinerary and even cabin same category.  No NDR penalty and no new deposit for the new booking, and of course as a new booking all the perks are now what the offer is for the new which ended up better.  I lost the $200 OBC perk for booking NDR but retained the $200 for booking onboard (which I expected)

The two sailings were close in cost ... the new one was going to cost around $100 more which I was okay with but check out how they compare in the end.

Original: 

$400 OBC ($200 for booking on board; $200 for NRD)

Bev Pkg Perk

New Booking:

$200 OBC ($200 for booking on board)

Bev Pkg Perk

Gratuities Perk

WIFI Perk

Oh and the kicker ... near the end at the pricing she says 'OH it's a bit cheaper as you also got a 10% loyalty discount'????  Lowered it by $550 CAD so it ended up being $400 less than the original booking and more benefits.  OMG 🙂

Thanks everyone.  Oh and my call wait time was less than 10 minutes!

Sounds perfect!  Congrats on your great deal.  Now, all we have to do is wait til next spring.....exactly one year today for me!

• Like 1

I moved a NRD to a different sailing right before they updated the CWC, and they added $300 to the new invoice for the penalty.  I wonder if they will remove the penalty for us if I call.  They keep changing the terms, so you never know when the right time is.  

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Glad it worked out for you.  We savedover$7,000 on our 3 bookings because of the loyalty discount. Enjoy your cruise.

Just curious, how soon will you be sailing again? we have five in the not so far future and I'm still not comfortable going.

7 hours ago, luvstosail said:

Just curious, how soon will you be sailing again? we have five in the not so far future and I'm still not comfortable going.

Not until November 2021.  I figure that is far enough out to see how things are long before I would have to make another decision.  I am in Canada so I have to consider travel to the port that is not only flying but it is never a direct flight anymore so there are moving parts than others may not have to consider.  Also added hotel before.

Perhaps also of interest is that the one I 'moved' was April 2021 and I was not comfortable with that one as I consider the 'second wave' they talk about and also want the cruise line to have lots of time to balance out the new norm.

I would likely be viewed as extremely cautious.  I will be on a cruise again, just a matter of when ... the planning is my only joy right now 😞

Edited by poffles

Still hopeful for February, things are developing pretty quickly with some countries now starting to come out of lockdown and the airlines keen to get started again. It’s going to take a while but 9 months is a long time. I would probably not sail this year but I can see the world trying to get back on track for the start of next year. Donald is confident so what could go wrong.

Edited by yorky
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, luvstosail said:

Since my prior response, just reading that Air Canada, a major carrier from my hometown, is laying off 20,000 workers (not surprised) and that is despite having rehired 16,500 back in April under the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy. They only expect to see flying ramp up to about 25% later in the year.  They expect recovery to be at least three years so the consumer will feel this for a long long time so who knows what that might look like, higher $$, increased hops, higher airport wait times, late flights😞

Edited by poffles