The Norwegian Cruise keeps moving

Sunburg1

I've been watching as well.  My favourite, which I haven't cruised on yet, is the Escape... it's continually going from MIA to FLL and back. It's been doing that for the last few days.   

Maybe they're just trying to keep the ships in "ship shape" or perhaps they're doing time trials or testing.  Not sure but it's not just those on the  west coast.  There are also several which have moved from NA to EU; for what reason, who knows? 

No worries.  

While I'm sure that it raises operating costs to be constantly moving around, I'll bet that those poor people stuck on those ships are glad to at least have *some* semblance of normalcy!  It would certainly be monotonous just sitting on an idle ship, especially a ship in port.  I would liken it to "house arrest".  You can see the outside world but just can't participate!

The JADE is now sailing in the Red Sea enroute to Suez Canal. She finally left Dubai on Friday after being holed up there since early March. She is sailing in tandem with Oceania Nautica and Seven Seas Voyager.

On 5/18/2020 at 3:52 AM, Steff79 said:

some ( most ) ships needs to cruise at the Ocean sometimes for their (fresh) water  systems.

If they are on dock a long time, they can bunker water. In fact, during normal operations, about 15% of the fresh water across the fleet comes from bunkering (local port water). Ships like the Sky (when she was doing only short cruises) bunkered 100% of her water (never turning on her desalination plants).

Ships do go out to sea to dump waste (and not have to pay to have it hauled away).  Fish food. Treated water. 

The JADE is now in the Mediterranean Sea, having exited the Suez Canal this morning. She is entroute to Naples Italy with ETA as 07:00 May 29.

Breakaway has now left Barcelona after having spent several days there and is due at Marseilles at 09:00 tomorrow May 25. Getaway is right nearby and is also arriving in Marseilles also at 09:00 May 25.