Don't Bet on NCL Making It Says The Motley Fool

cruiser4801

16 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

No, I don't. Anyone who tries to justify their boorish, selfish, ignorant refusal to abide by quarantine guidelines and cites influenza only reveals themselves to, by definition, know absolutely nothing about the scientific, medical and epidemiological reality of this situation. You don't know if you're a super-spreader or not. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT. Stay home. IT'S. NOT. ABOUT. YOU. 

Do you have any evidence for this otherwise defamatory statement?  Anything at all.  A quote, a word, a link.  A post I liked.  Anything.  I'll be super generous in interpreting.  Go ahead...I'll wait...Ok, though so.  Wait...laughing again...ok, still nothing?  Figures.

Wait..sorry, laughing again....ok, back....

I agree, not worth debating someone who relies almost exclusive on ad hominem and is proven wrong on maybe the first attempted fact.  So, I win!  Yes, I win. 🙂

25 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Do you have any evidence for this otherwise defamatory statement?  Anything at all.  A quote, a word, a link.  A post I liked.  Anything.  I'll be super generous in interpreting.  Go ahead...I'll wait...Ok, though so.  Wait...laughing again...ok, still nothing?  Figures.

I agree, not worth debating someone who relies almost exclusive on ad hominem and is proven wrong on maybe the first attempted fact.  So, I win!  Yes, I win. 🙂

Might be the funniest thing I've read all year. 

Oh wait. No. Saddest.

I'm waiting for you to let me know how I can find out if I won't die if I were to catch COVID19. You seem to think if I'm not a) Fat b) Have Diabetes c) High Blood Pressure d) Am older e) Don't have asthma then I'm good to go but that isn't true. I'd also suggest a large majority of the worlds population falls into one of those buckets. How lucky do you feel? Do you fall into any of those buckets?

I think you are missing the law of large numbers. Even if you want to beleive a 0.5% chance of death is a risk worth taking for you personally the problem is when 0.5% is applied to large populations - The death toll is extensive. Its math. You might want to risk it and I agree. However laws of large numbers make that selfish in the extreme.

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

I'm waiting for you to let me know how I can find out if I won't die if I were to catch COVID19

Oh dear, nice try, but the numbers are still on my side.

Can you assure me I won't be killed driving to the grocery store tomorrow?  Or run over walking this afternoon?  Or hit by a runaway lawn dart?  People die of things all the time.  It doesn't matter how many other people have risk factors, it only matters if you have the risk factors.

Oh, and, so, the Law of Large Numbers is actually on my side.*  As each test is performed, specifically sero tests, the actual probability of death converges on the actual value.  Which is getting lower and lower.

*Yes, I did have to refresh my memory on this.  I hated statistics class and found the time better used to sleep. 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boatseller said:

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation claims. If you'd like my mailing address so you can serve me with your lawsuit I'll be happy to provide it. 

And again with your "Go ahead...Ill wait...Ok, thought so." I'd love to know how I'm supposed to respond to your post, as you compose it, before you post it? 

1 hour ago, boatseller said:

*Yes, I did have to refresh my memory on this.  I hated statistics class and found the time better used to sleep. 🙂 

What a shock - the guy spewing ignorant misinformation about the current public health situation slept through statistics. Maybe you should try listening to the people who didn't, you know, like epidemiologists, virologists, etc. 

Edited by PortFees45
  • Like 3

Can you assure me I won't be killed driving to the grocery store tomorrow?  Or run over walking this afternoon?  Or hit by a runaway lawn dart?  People die of things all the time.  It doesn't matter how many other people have risk factors, it only matters if you have the risk factors.

Oh, and, so, the Law of Large Numbers is actually on my side.*  As each test is performed, specifically sero tests, the actual probability of death converges on the actual value.  Which is getting lower and lower.

Is driving a car a highly contagious virus with no cure or vaccine? A better example would be what if when 300 million people drove their cars then 0.5% of those who drove died.

You keep saying numbers are on your side and yet don’t provide numbers. They are on your side yes. They are not on larger populations side.

You also have failed to show me how I know I won’t die from Covid19. I’ve asked a number of times now.

You also failed to comment on whether you have any of the conditions I listed. I’d argue a majority of the worlds population has one of them. Certainly in the USA and Europe.

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 3

US death.JPG

Also of interest approx 1,660 people die per day of cancer in the USA. Currently deaths from COVID19 are more than that per day in the USA. (1400 to 2000) 

So out of now where this thing that boat seller isn’t worried about at all is killing more people than cancer per day. That is startling. Everyone knows someone who has died of cancer. It will soon be that way with COVID19.

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 2

On 5/19/2020 at 12:00 PM, PortFees45 said:

The only people who call it that are non-medical professionals who think injecting disinfectants is a good idea.

Is it? The virus was commonly called Wuhan virus in the early days until China and WHO became all sensitive and political about the name and changed it to something else to appease Beijing.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation claims. If you'd like my mailing address so you can serve me with your lawsuit I'll be happy to provide it. 

And the burden is on the defendant (that's you by the way).  So...where's the evidence?  I gave you numerous examples, you can't find a single one?  Go ahead...I'll wait...ok, though so.

Again, to be clear, show me the slightest bit of evidence, teeniest bit, just a smidgen, a token really, a trifle.

Anything...anything at all...a typo...a misplaced comma...ANYTHING!

Look, you'be being way to predictable.  You make some hilarious charge, I ask for proof, you make some equally nonsensical charge...ya ya ya.  Boring, been there, done that, rinse, repeat.  I win.  I'm open to any criticism, happy to take it, but you gotta back it up.  That how the real world works.

To be unnecessarily patronizing, I feel for you.  As I said, cruising will be back sooner than you want and the boards will be filled with trip reports, rants about food, calm rational discussion about automatic gratuities and or boy, the 6' chair rule.  All by people you think are suicidal spreaders.  Happy cruising!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

So out of now where this thing that boat seller isn’t worried about at all is killing more people than cancer per day. That is startling. Everyone knows someone who has died of cancer. It will soon be that way with COVID19.

Yeah, and I'm not worried about cancer either, no reason to be despite semi frequent visits to California where apparently everything causes cancer.  I wear sunscreen, fabulous hats and I'm good to go.  Would you recommend everyone spend their lives in a dark room except for 15 minutes to generate Vitamin D?  Serious question.  ~7000 people will die from melanoma this year and staying in a dark room is a very easy way to prevent this.  You agree I assume.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Go ahead...I'll wait...ok, though so.

Again with this. You clearly think this is just so clever, but I'd love to know what you're waiting for. I'm supposed to respond to what you're writing - as you're writing it - before you post it?

48 minutes ago, boatseller said:

All by people you think are suicidal spreaders.  Happy cruising!

Jesus H. Christ. How can an adult with a job and I assume a driver's license be this obtuse. 

1. It has nothing to do with being "suicidal." The reason quarantine orders are so important is because of the risk you post to OTHER PEOPLE, not yourself. 

2. As to being a spreader, YOU HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING. A person who thinks they're perfectly healthy with zero symptoms could be an active spreader, so while you're out strutting around enjoying your AMURCAN FREEDOM you could be putting countless people at risk - but as is abundantly clear you simply don't care. 

3. Looking forward to your defamation lawsuit. You seem to know as much about the law as you do about statistics, which actually bragged earlier in this thread about sleeping through after saying guidance issued by epidemiologists (who I assure you didn't sleep through statistics) who you think are wrong about the dangers this novel virus poses. 

I was raised to be ashamed of ignorance and selfishness. My experience clearly is not universal. 

Edited by PortFees45
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Yeah, and I'm not worried about cancer either, no reason to be despite semi frequent visits to California where apparently everything causes cancer.  I wear sunscreen, fabulous hats and I'm good to go.  Would you recommend everyone spend their lives in a dark room except for 15 minutes to generate Vitamin D?  Serious question.  ~7000 people will die from melanoma this year and staying in a dark room is a very easy way to prevent this.  You agree I assume.

No, that is not a serious question to anyone with a functioning brain. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

I want a Mojito from Sugar Cane.  It's still dinner time correct?

🙂

The CDC recommends a Mojito once a day.   They recommend you remove your face mask before drinking.  🙂

Cheers.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2020 at 11:05 PM, PortFees45 said:

So you'll sign a waiver saying you won't take up a ventilator or ICU bed if you get sick? 

Exactly!!!

and this isn’t going to be seasonal. It hit all corners of the globe on a range of climates. 
We will either have to face herd immunity or come up with readily available treatment options. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

The CDC recommends a Mojito once a day.   They recommend you remove your face mask before drinking.  🙂

Cheers.

LOL!  I will go above and beyond and develop SOP which has yet to be released by Cruise Lines. I do believe a mask with a hole for straw will be sufficient for Mojito consumption. LOL!

Be safe 🙂

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 5:40 PM, chipmaster said:

The fact the stock is up today or down tomorrow has no material bearing on what the real business prospects of.   I could site worldcom or many other that had great stock prices before they imploded.

And neither of those organization had sufficient cash on hand to be able to survive as a going concern in excess of 12 months with zero revenue.  I would wager that most people would love to be in that situation!  Actually some of us who planned wisely are. :)