Disappointed in cancellation policies

We booked a cruise for July, which of course is now cancelled. We decided to take the FCC credit, but what we really want to do is just move our reservation to anytime in August. My travel agent says that it will take up to 60 days to get the FCC (why!!!???) and if we want to do that, we have to pay in full. So Royal has our money for one cruise that was cancelled and wants more money to rebook the same cruise when they are sailing? Makes no sense to me. Any suggestions as to who I can contact at Royal? 

32 minutes ago, nyllrap said:

We booked a cruise for July, which of course is now cancelled. We decided to take the FCC credit, but what we really want to do is just move our reservation to anytime in August. My travel agent says that it will take up to 60 days to get the FCC (why!!!???) and if we want to do that, we have to pay in full. So Royal has our money for one cruise that was cancelled and wants more money to rebook the same cruise when they are sailing? Makes no sense to me. Any suggestions as to who I can contact at Royal? 

Unfortunately no one will be able to help you with your request.  They are not budging in their cancellation policies.  To be honest ships most likely won’t sail in August either so booking a cruise then is just tying up more money.

Take a look at cruise at another time ofthe year and find one that is before final payment.

Your  TA has the ability to make a reservation and keep it held for you until June 30th without a deposit as long as final payment   does not occur before June 30.  This will allow time for your FCC to arrive.  

Once you have your FCC you will only have to pay the port fees and taxes as long as the FCC will cover the balance.  If the FCC does not cover the balance you will be required to pay at least the deposit amount in cash. 

You also have the option of lifting and shifting your reservation to another sailing of the same itinerary type, same length and same stateroom category One year in the future Plus or minus four weeks and keep your current price.  

your last option is a 100% cash refund. 

• Like 2

I cancelled a TA for April, 2021, and rebooked a Caribbean for Maech, 2022 on the same ship. Everything was just transferred over, including the booking number with no problem, other than the long wait on the phone. This was a NRD, and the full deposit was moved over with no fees.

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

Our RCI May 2020 canceled cruise ... it took 30 days to get our FCC.

If it only took 30 days, consider yourself very lucky.  I just received my March 28th FCC last week and am hoping I get my May 10th by July 1st.  Not even thinking of a date for my July cruise.

9 hours ago, sellwingri said:

If it only took 30 days, consider yourself very lucky.  I just received my March 28th FCC last week and am hoping I get my May 10th by July 1st.  Not even thinking of a date for my July cruise.

Agree....it was quick for my FCC's. However my cruise planner purchases are just recently showing up as credits to my credit card. I opted to take the FCC's for 125% but refunds for the planner back to my card.

Hilton decided instead of refund for may 2020 stay we are offered future credit, if we do not use by November 2022 they will issue refund. Huge multinational keeps our money 18 months. Little guy loses. Nice. 

2 hours ago, pinebro said:

Hilton decided instead of refund for may 2020 stay we are offered future credit, if we do not use by November 2022 they will issue refund. Huge multinational keeps our money 18 months. Little guy loses. Nice. 

Did you book a non-refundable rate to get a lower price?  And did you cancel, not them?  If so, then they are in policy and if they are giving you until November of 2022 you have over two years to use it.  I actually think that's pretty generous.  I never book non-refundable hotel rooms because the rules are totally cut and dried and it's nearly impossible to get a refund.  You cancel, you lose the money.  I have had to cancel hotel rooms this year in New York (March, July, October), Seattle (April), San Juan (June), Dallas (June, September), Las Vegas (July).  If I had booked using non-refundable rates I would have been totally screwed.  I considered the slightly higher rate to be a form of 'trip insurance'. Hopefully you can use that credit sometime in the next two years and at least there are Hilton properties pretty much everywhere, so that will help.