Hallelujah - I’m fully refunded

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yea, I know. But in this case I wasn't correcting. Read between the lines. :classic_rolleyes: Sometimes I like living on the edge. 🤣

I hope mr. "luxury lines" doesn't ever get caught in the rain...his nose is so far up in the air, he'll drown !  (evil grin emoji here!)

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 9:45 AM, Stick93 said:

We will miss you - nothing like an elitist!

Us Common folk are just trying to survive - Please send us updates of your life so we can live vicariously through your wealth and good life. 

May he enjoy his jerk.

Edited by JMorris271

12 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Brother's testimony was more than sufficient on his cruise in 2018 (his last he said with that cruise line)...he provided us with photos to demonstrate the horrible condition of the Carnival ship, poor maintenance of common areas and cabin...but could not photograph the awful smell in the hallways aboard Legend (thankfully).  Some folks don't require jumping off a cliff to know it will hurt.

Ah, so as expected, no first hand experience. Fully understand. 🙄

And of course, picking an older ship to base second hand knowledge off of. I wonder what people would think if they made their decisions about Royal from second hand information from someone who's only experience was the Empress?

Edited by Computer Nerd

I was on this thread way back when it was actually about refunds. My 2 cents.

Diamond on Royal, Platinum on Carnival. Some status on Princess, NCL & have cruised several other lines.

Cruise from Galveston a lot & CCL & RCI  are it. Like them both, never had a bad Carnival, but in Oct/Nov Enchantment was the pits! They even gave us a FCC because it was so bad. But I will be cruising both of them again as soon as possible.

Royalist and Hypocrite labels are quite obvious to nearly anyone...other than those who throw out terms like those freely.

No worries...we understand that posting those things can simply be a technical problem like a loose nut behind the keyboard.

Actually I learned the Royalist term from cruisers of Royal. Never heard a Carnival or any other cruise refer to Royal cruisers as Royalists so that's something y'all gave yourselves.

The term hypocrite is accurate. It means someone complaining about something and then they do it themselves. It's not "labeling" when it's true.

8 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

Actually I learned....

Failed pivot attempt (again)...unfortunately that happens with nerd logic...it excludes real life experiences. 

Oh well...perhaps some folks will enjoy a nice cruise on a real cruise ship someday...wishing all the folks limiting themselves to bargain basement options to expand their experiences and learn about the joys of what real cruising has to offer.

Royal , Celebrity, and other providers routinely serve cost-conscious cruisers without breaking the bank...without requiring the acceptance of ships that get stranded at sea because of poor maintenance and conditions with those vessels. Google is your friend...”stranded Carnival ship” is enlightening.

Happy sailing.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Failed pivot attempt (again)...unfortunately that happens with nerd logic...it excludes real life experiences. 

Oh well...perhaps some folks will enjoy a nice cruise on a real cruise ship someday...wishing all the folks limiting themselves to bargain basement options to expand their experiences and learn about the joys of what real cruising has to offer.

Royal , Celebrity, and other providers routinely serve cost-conscious cruisers without breaking the bank...without requiring the acceptance of ships that get stranded at sea because of poor maintenance and conditions with those vessels. Google is your friend...”stranded Carnival ship” is enlightening.

Happy sailing.

I have no idea why you think your opinion counts as fact. No pivoting (whatever that is supposed to mean), simply communicating facts (where I learned the term from, on these boards from other Royal cruisers). Do with that factual information whatever you wish.

It's funny how you think accidents don't happen with Royal. Google Grandeur fire or watch this interesting clip about the Anthem https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/video/ntsb-investigating-royal-caribbean-cruise-ship-damaged-in-storm-621353027634 , among other things and you'll see how accidents happen with Royal as well as other cruise lines.

You seem to have a very slanted, biased opinion with few actual facts to work from. Somehow, I'm not actually surprised though. 

Since I'm done with your factually incorrect snide remarks, I'll leave this thread now as I'm tired of correcting your mistakes.

Toodles.

24 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

I have no idea why you think your opinion counts as fact.

Posting about numerous news stories reporting facts is a fact in and of itself...not an opinion.

Those who choose the ostrich approach to facts and then try to justify that perspective are based only on opinion.

Masking opinions (pun intended) have no substantive value. It's about choices...and debating against a responsible action when millions have done a proven process demonstrates only a core desire to argue. Mike drop.

I am very happy to say that RCL once again has done good by me.     Sad that I had cancelled cruises but happy to say once again my refunds were received in a timely manner.    I received my March cruise fare refund on or about april 1st, I received the refund for cruise fare for May 25th cruise fare on or about May 5th and this weekend I received refunds on my excursions, wifi and dining packages.    

I cancelled my b2b cruises for Baltic/Norway when final payment was due on May 10th and May 18th and this weekend I also received refund of my booked excursions, dining and internet packages.      I have not received my two (2) $500 FCC's but not a problem as I am in no rush for them.   

All in all of my refunds to my amex card have been processed in 2 to 3 weeks.     

Sorry to hear about others having all these problems.   

I was happy to have all of my money back so I booked another cruise for March 2021 to make up for the one we were supposed to do this past March for my DH's birthday.     To date we have 4 future cruises from October thru April 2021.   fingers and toes crossed we get on at least 3 if not all 4 of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am very happy to say that RCL once again has done good by me.     Sad that I had cancelled cruises but happy to say once again my refunds were received in a timely manner.    I received my March cruise fare refund on or about april 1st, I received the refund for cruise fare for May 25th cruise fare on or about May 5th and this weekend I received refunds on my excursions, wifi and dining packages.    

I cancelled my b2b cruises for Baltic/Norway when final payment was due on May 10th and May 18th and this weekend I also received refund of my booked excursions, dining and internet packages.      I have not received my two (2) $500 FCC's but not a problem as I am in no rush for them.   

All in all of my refunds to my amex card have been processed in 2 to 3 weeks.     

Sorry to hear about others having all these problems.   

I was happy to have all of my money back so I booked another cruise for March 2021 to make up for the one we were supposed to do this past March for my DH's birthday.     To date we have 4 future cruises from October thru April 2021.   fingers and toes crossed we get on at least 3 if not all 4 of them.

I decided to go the Lift & Shift route. Request put in on Friday afternoon, 3 day holiday weekend, received successful confirmation of L&S at lunchtime today. 👍👍 to Royal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trey420 said:

I don't know, I figure if I was wealthy enough to say I'm leaving this to the poor.  I wouldn't be posting threads celebrating a refund. 

Or worry about the refund in the first place. Let alone rent out the place in Colorado.

22 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Or worry about the refund in the first place. Let alone rent out the place in Colorado.

Lol, you’re too cute. I’d love to say how much money Royal was holding for the many cabins I paid for family members, but I don’t want to be “that guy” who flaunts how much money he has. You’re welcome.

6 hours ago, jknc said:

Lol, you’re too cute. I’d love to say how much money Royal was holding for the many cabins I paid for family members, but I don’t want to be “that guy” who flaunts how much money he has. You’re welcome.

If you did not want to be 'that guy' you would not have posted your last comment.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Exactly!

On top of that he quoted A&L_ONT who I'm pretty sure has more money invested with Royal than he did.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank-you.

Edited by A&L_Ont

My thoughts are with those who haven’t received their refunds from RCI. I hope you get your funds back very quickly. 

Im no big city superhero but I feel comforted knowing I’ve saved people a lot of grief by testifying and advising them not to book RCI at this time. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

What happened to never?

and wishing them bankruptcy.  Then everyone would have lost their money that RC is holding. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

and wishing them bankruptcy.  Then everyone would have lost their money that RC is holding. 

Bankruptcy would be fantastic but not realistic, yet. 

Cheers!

My thoughts are with those who haven’t received their refunds from RCI. I hope you get your funds back very quickly. 

Im no big city superhero but I feel comforted knowing I’ve saved people a lot of grief by testifying and advising them not to book RCI at this time. 

Do you honestly believe that you "saved" people?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1