No Hawaii cruises until last half of 2021

19 hours ago, pstone1 said:

There were so many great opportunities before 9/11.  Working for the Port Authority, we were able to occasionally get on the new Disney ships for lunch!  My first cruise was on Disney!  It was a deal I couldn’t refuse!  😀

My next door neighbor worked as a check in agent at the Port (RCI terminal) for years as well, her hubby did the wheel chair assistance.  She had some wild stories!  😮 

4 hours ago, TravelerThom said:

Just be aware that on the financial markets RCL has had to take out a “Title Loan” (“secured by 28 of the Company's vessels and material intellectual property of the Company”) to borrow money at 11.5%. A 125% FCC used 2 years from now is an unsecured 12.5% loan. That’s a pretty slim premium for unsecured over secured loan. Good luck. 

Maybe you should just buy a trailer & never cruise again. We enjoy  cruising too much. We will continue to cruise & not worry about the sky falling. I heard the same things after 911 & 2008. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

My next door neighbor worked as a check in agent at the Port (RCI terminal) for years as well, her hubby did the wheel chair assistance.  She had some wild stories!  😮 

I bet!  We went out of Port Canaveral earlier this year and the Greeter at the bottom of the escalator was a former co-worker of mine that retired a couple of years ago!  You just never know who you are going to run into!

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

I bet!  We went out of Port Canaveral earlier this year and the Greeter at the bottom of the escalator was a former co-worker of mine that retired a couple of years ago!  You just never know who you are going to run into!

Agree...we got to know quite of few of the ones I call the "direction staff"...  😉 .  One lady we would see every time we were there, would run up to say hello and give me a hug.  She was always so sweet!  Sad so many lost their jobs there.  😞 

(10:10 a.m. EDT) -- A widely circulated economic report that made it seem like Hawaii would not be open for cruise passengers until late 2021 was based on "assumptions" -- and not any action taken by the state.

"I am sorry for the confusion," said Dr. Eugene Tian, an economic research administrator with the Hawaii State Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism. "It is a good idea to let your readers know that these assumptions are pure economic assumptions, not the government decisions."

But while all cruising is on hold at the moment because of a no-sail order from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, cruise lines have made no plans to cancel Hawaiian itineraries that far out. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

(10:10 a.m. EDT) -- A widely circulated economic report that made it seem like Hawaii would not be open for cruise passengers until late 2021 was based on "assumptions" -- and not any action taken by the state.

"I am sorry for the confusion," said Dr. Eugene Tian, an economic research administrator with the Hawaii State Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism. "It is a good idea to let your readers know that these assumptions are pure economic assumptions, not the government decisions."

But while all cruising is on hold at the moment because of a no-sail order from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, cruise lines have made no plans to cancel Hawaiian itineraries that far out. 

Thanks for posting this, totally agree and was exactly what I said when I read that.  🙂 

Edited by island lady