How long was your FCC for?

I canceled my 6/26/20 cruise in March. I was told good through 2021, but later, read a year from the cruise date.  I now want to cruise 6/24/21, but my voucher says expires May 28. My daughter works for a school, which is why we booked the last week of June. Will they give me an extension? I hate to lose my credit.

4 minutes ago, 1bets1 said:

I canceled my 6/26/20 cruise in March.

Unless you cancelled before 3/6, you should be covered by the CWC program and the FCC should good to apply by end of 2021. You may need to call to get the date fixed on your FCC.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 1bets1 said:

I canceled my 6/26/20 cruise in March. I was told good through 2021, but later, read a year from the cruise date.  I now want to cruise 6/24/21, but my voucher says expires May 28. My daughter works for a school, which is why we booked the last week of June. Will they give me an extension? I hate to lose my credit.

i just spent almost 7 hours on the phone getting the runaround. The customer service team obviously is not equipped and/or uninformed completely that this presumed error is happening. It seems no one can help right now it is maddening having "supervisors" make up new policies that are written no where. I had one literally tell me that the CWC doesn't apply to non-refundable deposits, that is written where?

I've emailed Michael Bayley at RCL alerting him that there is potentially a system wide issue with the FCCs as multiple individuals are all getting the same error that is contrary to the terms in the CWC. We shall see if someone on his team responds.

2 minutes ago, lurkmaster said:

i just spent almost 7 hours on the phone getting the runaround. The customer service team obviously is not equipped and/or uninformed completely that this presumed error is happening. It seems no one can help right now it is maddening having "supervisors" make up new policies that are written no where. I had one literally tell me that the CWC doesn't apply to non-refundable deposits, that is written where?

I've emailed Michael Bayley at RCL alerting him that there is potentially a system wide issue with the FCCs as multiple individuals are all getting the same error that is contrary to the terms in the CWC. We shall see if someone on his team responds.

Thank you. Can you please post your results on this thread? I hate to lose the money. If I do, I'll sail Norwegian out of NY instead.

1 hour ago, lurkmaster said:

I had one literally tell me that the CWC doesn't apply to non-refundable deposits, that is written where?

It’s pretty clear in the FAQ’s, wish their customer service reps had read them. 

15.How are Non-Refundable Deposit bookings impacted by Cruise with Confidence?

Non-Refundable Deposit bookings are eligible for Cruise with Confidence and follow the same
guidelines. Prior to the Final Payment deadline, Non-Refundable Deposit bookings wishing to change to a future, qualifying ship and sail date can do so with no fee assessed if the booking is re-
accommodated on-or-before August 1, 2020. Beginning on-or-after August 2, 2020, standard policies apply.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/CWC_Enhanced_FAQs.pdf 

I’ll be making a call tomorrow as I received 8 FCC’s with a 5/28/2021 expiration. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

It’s pretty clear in the FAQ’s, wish their customer service reps had read them. 

15.How are Non-Refundable Deposit bookings impacted by Cruise with Confidence?

Non-Refundable Deposit bookings are eligible for Cruise with Confidence and follow the same
guidelines. Prior to the Final Payment deadline, Non-Refundable Deposit bookings wishing to change to a future, qualifying ship and sail date can do so with no fee assessed if the booking is re-
accommodated on-or-before August 1, 2020. Beginning on-or-after August 2, 2020, standard policies apply.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/CWC_Enhanced_FAQs.pdf 

I’ll be making a call tomorrow as I received 8 FCC’s with a 5/28/2021 expiration. 

mac_tlc

Godspeed it is painful sitting on that long knowing inevitably they either don't know their own policy or are powerless to do anything about it. Hopeful that enough noise is being made by many that all got incorrect dates that they just fix what they have yet to admit is a system wide issue. I emailed mbayley@rccl.com as well that there is a potential systemwide issue, hopeful that someone on his team is forwarded the email and will get a team to resolve.

8 minutes ago, lurkmaster said:

Godspeed it is painful sitting on that long knowing inevitably they either don't know their own policy or are powerless to do anything about it. Hopeful that enough noise is being made by many that all got incorrect dates that they just fix what they have yet to admit is a system wide issue. I emailed mbayley@rccl.com as well that there is a potential systemwide issue, hopeful that someone on his team is forwarded the email and will get a team to resolve.

What seems odd to me is that this issue appears to have raised its ugly head on 5/28. People have been cancelling cruises for weeks, before, during and after final payment. I don’t recall hearing from folks that the certificates had the wrong dates on them until this weekend. 

Not looking forward to the call tomorrow, I better make sure my phone is plugged in since it will undoubtedly kill the battery!!

I will follow the “Bayley e-mail” route if I am not satisfied with the response.

Good luck!

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

What seems odd to me is that this issue appears to have raised its ugly head on 5/28. People have been cancelling cruises for weeks, before, during and after final payment. I don’t recall hearing from folks that the certificates had the wrong dates on them until this weekend. 

Not looking forward to the call tomorrow, I better make sure my phone is plugged in since it will undoubtedly kill the battery!!

I will follow the “Bayley e-mail” route if I am not satisfied with the response.

Good luck!

mac_tlc

I made that mistake with my phone....forgot to check and it died on me after spending 2  hours on hold.

Today was a bit better, only an hour except that I must have got one of the recalled people as I just wanted to move a deposit from one sailing to another and they tried to tell me there would be a $100 pp charge..  took them 5 minutes to check there notes and realize there would not be a charge.

Same. Cancelled my 6/20/20 around 3/17 prior to final payment. Just got FCCs with expiration of 5/28/21. I’m very frustrated.  

Please post if anyone has any luck changing it. 

Thanks

10 hours ago, KPookey said:

Same. Cancelled my 6/20/20 around 3/17 prior to final payment. Just got FCCs with expiration of 5/28/21. I’m very frustrated.  

Please post if anyone has any luck changing it. 

Thanks

I called at 7 am this morning. No wait  call answered right away.  Was explained this was due to us having NRDs on 2 cruises that we did not make final payment on.   Was told to keep our original booking number and we can book any sailing thru april 2022 just have to book by may 28 2021.  

This is not what my email with certificates says but he said they will make exemptions.  

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I called at 7 am this morning. No wait  call answered right away.  Was explained this was due to us having NRDs on 2 cruises that we did not make final payment on.   Was told to keep our original booking number and we can book any sailing thru april 2022 just have to book by may 28 2021.  

This is not what my email with certificates says but he said they will make exemptions.  

Thanks!

I still don’t feel at ease taking their word for it. I “would like”  my email changed.

How can they require this (exp. 5/28/21) when their ships aren’t sailing yet and they keep pushing out their re-opening timeline...

Edited by KPookey

19 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Unless you cancelled before 3/6, you should be covered by the CWC program and the FCC should good to apply by end of 2021. You may need to call to get the date fixed on your FCC.

Checked my paperwork this morning. I canceled March 11.

18 hours ago, lurkmaster said:

I emailed Mr. Bayley this morning also. No response yet. What's your guess on how this will turn out?

1 minute ago, 1bets1 said:

I emailed Mr. Bayley this morning also. No response yet. What's your guess on how this will turn out?

after a 7 hour ordeal with them yesterday i can't stomach another call at this point, i'd rather stick a rusty spork in my eye socket. I'm going to wait a week and see if they figure it out as they are clearly 100% wrong and I dont' know what other recourse we have besides flood executives emails or go on a twitter storm to try to social media spam them to fix what is clearly wrong. Only other recourse is to act with your $ and never give a cent to them if they fail to do what is right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1bets1 said:

i just thought of a potential workaround.

What's stopping us from booking a cruise say for sept/oct 2020, one that essentially requires the same NRD amount as we just got for the FCC. Then immediately cancelling it under CWC. If in fact it is an error in the system, potentially the new FCC issued would be correct. And even if it is not and they still try to use the BS that it is 1 year from issuance, this would still essentially push the expiration out further since I figure it would take them till August if not later to issue the new FCC.

22 minutes ago, lurkmaster said:

i just thought of a potential workaround.

What's stopping us from booking a cruise say for sept/oct 2020, one that essentially requires the same NRD amount as we just got for the FCC. Then immediately cancelling it under CWC. If in fact it is an error in the system, potentially the new FCC issued would be correct. And even if it is not and they still try to use the BS that it is 1 year from issuance, this would still essentially push the expiration out further since I figure it would take them till August if not later to issue the new FCC.

The only issue that you have is that a FCC cannot be used for the deposit so you would have to put down a new deposit then get one larger FCC

I have the same problem with some FCCs with the expiration date wrong.  I agree, seems like it happened to the latest batch that went out end of May.  The supervisor I talked to was worthless

I emailed Vicki Freed and will also send one to Michael Bayley.  Can someone post his email address please?  Thanks.

Edited by karena1

22 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I have the same problem with some FCCs with the expiration date wrong.  I agree, seems like it happened to the latest batch that went out end of May.  The supervisor I talked to was worthless

I emailed Vicki Freed and will also send one to Michael Bayley.  Can someone post his email address please?  Thanks.

Ourusualbeach gave me mbayley@rccl.com, do you have Vicki Freed? I will email her as well. Need to escalate this and continue to voice the issue until they resolve, it's obvious that it is wrong and the customer service reps are giving incorrect information.

Curious what did the supervisor even say? Can they point us or send us the "fine print" that they are saying is the policy.

Edited by lurkmaster

1 minute ago, lurkmaster said:

Ourusualbeach gave me mbayley@rccl.com, do you have Vicki Freed? I will email her as well. Need to escalate this and continue to voice the issue until they resolve, it's obvious that it is wrong and the customer service reps are giving incorrect information.

Curious what did the supervisor even say? Can they point us or send us the "fine print" that they are saying is the policy.

It should be vfreed@rccl.com