Ensenada?

We have been to this port via ship about 40 times. I would not stay for a week - in fact we don't even get off the ship much anymore. We used to walk around outside of the tourist area but it's a little too dangerous to do that now. Really no beaches, etc in the immediate area.

• Like 2

I went on a nice excursion outside Ensenada years ago to the so called "wine country" area.  The climate is similar to the Mediterranean, at least that is what they told us on the tour.  We visited several wineries along the way. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Have you considered Rocky Point / Puerto Peñasco?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have heard about this place, would it be a good alternative? The wife loves the ocean but since cruising has been put on hold we were looking for some alternatives.  

5 minutes ago, JeffElizabeth said:

I have heard about this place, would it be a good alternative? The wife loves the ocean but since cruising has been put on hold we were looking for some alternatives.  

If you can possibly go as far south as Puerto Vallerta I think it has a lot more character and is really pretty with the jungle almost coming to the beach area on the southern part of the city.  JMO  Cherie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JeffElizabeth said:
20 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Have you considered Rocky Point / Puerto Peñasco?

If your wife loves the ocean have you checked out going to Cabo San Lucas?  More ocean than Rocky Point (lots of people here in Tucson love to go there but it really isn't ocean). Or even some other coastal town.

5 hours ago, cccole said:

If you can possibly go as far south as Puerto Vallerta I think it has a lot more character and is really pretty with the jungle almost coming to the beach area on the southern part of the city.  JMO  Cherie

We usually go to Puerto Vallarta and love it there. We might have to go there instead 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

If your wife loves the ocean have you checked out going to Cabo San Lucas?  More ocean than Rocky Point (lots of people here in Tucson love to go there but it really isn't ocean). Or even some other coastal town.

Cabo has lots of hotels - some all inclusive - and lots of restaurants, beaches etc. It's about a 20 mile stretch of beaches & resorts. Very Americanized, sort of like Disney's version of Mexico

• Like 1

We spent six weeks travelling around Mexico by ourselves this past winter.  On the Pacific coast Zihuantejo and Puerto Escondido were our favorites.   Puerto Vallarta is also good...been there numerous times for week long breaks.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, iancal said:

We spent six weeks travelling around Mexico by ourselves this past winter.  On the Pacific coast Zihuantejo and Puerto Escondido were our favorites.   Puerto Vallarta is also good...been there numerous times for week long breaks.

Loved Zihuatanejo!  We went there instead of Puerto Vallarta years ago on a Mexican Riviera cruise when there was a hurricane.  Just looked it up.... it was October 2002 on the Statendam.  That was quite an experience!  First and only time on a ship with lightening and thunder all around the ship.  But the captain was wonderful and we diverted to Zihuatanejo.  What a lovely little beach town.  Highly recommend.

We booked in for three days.  Stayed for nine.  It has become our favourite.  In fact, had we not been able to get a flight home from Mexico in late March our backup plan was to go back to Zi for a month or so and figure out a plan from  there.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1