NO CHOICE OF PERKS IN 2021 ON CELEBRITY!

HappyCamper49

14 minutes ago, HappyCamper49 said:

I have noticed on all 2021 Celebrity cruises I look at there are no choice of included perks!  Is Celebrity dropping those wonderful choices of included perks starting next year?

Nope, check again. 

They change promotions, so you may just be shopping at the wrong time.  The current one (30th Birthday) offers what you're looking for, but availability can depend on itinerary.  I think that promotion is slated to end tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I looked at a 2021 cruise today and had a 1 perk price, and for $350pp more 2 perks. 

I looked at the May 4, 2021 Western Med. and it offered 1 perk.  When I proceeded to the page to choose my perk as I usually do, it skipped to the dinner selection time, then "Proceed To Pay."  No choice of perks.  When I looked at the Sept. 18, 2021 cruise out of Southampton, they were giving the Classic Beverage Package for 2. We are not really drinkers and would have preferred our choice of two perks like we are used to getting.  I will do as you say and check again.

33 minutes ago, HappyCamper49 said:

I looked at the May 4, 2021 Western Med. and it offered 1 perk.  When I proceeded to the page to choose my perk as I usually do, it skipped to the dinner selection time, then "Proceed To Pay."  No choice of perks.  When I looked at the Sept. 18, 2021 cruise out of Southampton, they were giving the Classic Beverage Package for 2. We are not really drinkers and would have preferred our choice of two perks like we are used to getting.  I will do as you say and check again.

I recently noticed that there are "filters" at the page with the "book now" button. I tried your cruise and clicked on the "two perk" option before I hit "book."  On the page with dining, it came up with two pre-set perks, but it had an option to change perks. I clicked on the change perk button, and I was allowed to pick any two of the four perks. 

Also, I have a 2021 May Alaska cruise booked, and no perk offer comes up when I add a tour package. If I click the perk filter at the top of the page, my tour package does not come up. I recently called for a price adjustment and asked why perks were not showing up for my specific cruisetour when I priced it out on-line. I was told it was a "glitch" in the web site.  If you do not see what you want, call. 

Edited by Glendakayself

5 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

This is their 30th birthday offer, one free perk for the basic price but it is only the drinks package, you do not get to choose the perk. After the end of the offer, it will go back to basic price without a perk, or you can choose the price with two perks and choose which two perks you want.

Edited by downsmead

8 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

I have noticed on all 2021 Celebrity cruises I look at there are no choice of included perks!  Is Celebrity dropping those wonderful choices of included perks starting next year?

As already mentioned, the classic beverage package is currently "free" in the "Sail" price rate, but that promotion ends today at midnight. So from tomorrow, June 9, they're back to the regular three price rates, "Sail" with no perks", "Sail Plus" with two perks of your choice, and "Sail All Included" with all four perks.

10 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

We prefer NO perks.  Usually Celebrity gives  you the option of going with or without perks.

Since we are elite and enjoy the free happy hour, we don't want the beverage package.  We drink moderately and never prior to happy hour.   NCL doesn't allow booking without perks unless you book late, but we book early.  We find these days the NCL is not competitive with Celebrity anymore because they bundle pricing with perks.

8 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

We prefer NO perks.  Usually Celebrity gives  you the option of going with or without perks.

Since we are elite and enjoy the free happy hour, we don't want the beverage package.  We drink moderately and never prior to happy hour.   NCL doesn't allow booking without perks unless you book late, but we book early.  We find these days the NCL is not competitive with Celebrity anymore because they bundle pricing with perks.

This is going to be our approach on an upcoming 12 night cruise in 2021.  I could not resist a pricing of $655pp before taxes with no perks on an oceanview room(Equinox).  Between Elite HH and paying for some beverages I think we will come out way ahead.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Impossible.  I don’t believe it.  Not the Celebrity IT Department 

Their website is now the new improved site.  The main reason I take a look and book with my TA.

FWIW recently booked Bermuda 2021.  Had the choice of zero, 1, 3 or 4 perks.

I recently booked a cruise for April 2021 and one for May 2021 and in each instance had an option to select 2 of 4 perks offered.   When given this option I always select pre paid gratuities and OBC.  I do not need the free drinks nor the internet.  Works for me.