Cancelled cruises

huskypup

1 hour ago, Norwegian Cruise Line said:

We are as eager to set sail as you are! There are still a few unknowns but we are planning for a variety of relaunch scenarios. We continue to work across several plans and time frames to ensure we are best prepared for the resumption of sailing and we will, of course, share information as it becomes available.  We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate through this evolving situation.  We can’t wait to welcome you aboard!

Thanks for all the information.

5 hours ago, Coreysgrl06 said:

“People who exhibit psychopathic traits are likely to ignore lockdown restrictions”

That’s the best part of his post. Very telling 

Yeah, very likely he didn't see that part. 🙄

9 hours ago, penlanspice said:

I can guarantee you that was not taken here this year, there was people at the beach back in may but with social distancing certainly nothing like that.

Here is a video. I can tell you in nc it was pretty packed as well. Just not so on top of each other. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-dorset-52875612

34 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

I hope you are ok, Seaman. NC setting new Covid records every day this week. 🙁

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article243421351.html

Im fine. I think the numbers are coming diwn even with more things open and ppl not wearing masks.  I still think its best not to be on top of ppl and i kept distance where i could. 

Screenshot_20200610-231501.png

10 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Im fine. I think the numbers are coming diwn even with more things open and ppl not wearing masks.  I still think its best not to be on top of ppl and i kept distance where i could. 

The numbers in NC aren't coming down, they're going up.

NC is one of 15 states where the reproduction rate is above 1 (although only slightly), meaning that each infected person is infecting more than one other person: https://rt.live/ . That means the number of cases is growing.

This chart done by Johns Hopkins shows the trajectory in NC is clearly trending upwards:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/new-cases-50-states/north-carolina

• Like 3

Even on that chart you posted the last 4 -5 days numbers are going down from the peak.  Also i think it depends on the county and population.   Keep in mind nc has 10mil ppl. So 600-1000 cases a day isnt bad. .0001 percent.  I think ppl have had enough of being scared.

7 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Even on that chart you posted the last 4 -5 days numbers are going down from the peak.  Also i think it depends on the county and population.   Keep in mind nc has 10mil ppl. So 600-1000 cases a day isnt bad. .0001 percent.  I think ppl have had enough of being scared.

Your infection rate analysis is off and I'll try to help you.  The 1,000 cases per day is not out of the 10 million person population of North Carolina unless all 10 million people got tested (they didn't.)  You would have to know what percentage of the population took a test, and then determine the infection rate percent based on that.

We can't change math and science because it helps our argument, but I will give you extra credit points for trying. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mugtech said:

If the choices are being scared or being stupid I'll take scared.

I'm not scared or stupid. 🤷‍♀️

I am, however, intelligent enough to understand the risk to those with underlying conditions that put them more at risk, and take the steps I can to minimize their risk within my community. Social distancing, masks, etc. 

My personal opinion is that those who are more at risk should refrain from anything that exposes them to large numbers of people in small spaces... cruising, visiting amusement parks, going to concerts, etc... until there is much better protection for them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seaman11 said:

BTW one thousand is not .0001 percent of 10 million.

On 6/10/2020 at 4:38 PM, seaman11 said:

Well i am at the beach in nc and it was packed. Most ppl not wearing masks. Resturants open fully.   I dont see why they can't get a few small ships out of the texas and florida ports in august.   This photo is recent from an england beach.  

Screenshot_20200610-113633.png

That is not a picture of an English beach from this year. It is fake news. I live here. The beaches were busier and we simply do not have this type of Parasol on our beaches.  So what ever you say it will be wrong  because you do not live here. people please ignore his comments they are simply wrong. In any event we now have to wear mask when we can nor socially distance. The picture is very old and has done the rounds. of course Seaman 11 has fallen for hype not news,.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Screenshot_20200610-231501.png

With respect it is all irrelevant as cruise lines are starting to announce on cruises until September - including Carnival!!! Based on your graph the line of best fit is upward. You seem to forget we have quarantine here and that Brits are not travelling .

Edited by bmwman

5 minutes ago, bmwman said:

That is not a picture of an English beach from this year. It is fake news. I live here. The beaches were busier and we simply do not have this type of Parasol on our beaches.  So what ever you say it will be wrong  because you do not live here. people please ignore his comments they are simply wrong. In any event we now have to wear mask when we can nor socially distance. The picture is very old and has done the rounds. of course Seaman 11 has fallen for hype not news,.

So you're saying this is not accurate either? 🤔

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-dorset-52875612

• Haha 1

I know exactly where those pictures were taken. One of them is not taken recently. Anyone who lives there should  recognise the changes. I think if you re in Florida I would not expect you to know. It was only for one day and then only for a short time as the authorities closed off most areas . Not unusual for stock photos to be used.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bmwman said:

I know exactly where those pictures were taken. One of them is not taken recently. Anyone who lives there should  recognise the changes. I think if you re in Florida I would not expect you to know. It was only for one day and then only for a short time as the authorities closed off most areas . Not unusual for stock photos to be used.

there was a recent video also.  maybe some are not as panicked as others. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

he is spouting that everyone is wrong that read this piece however he must have missed this. 

Typically you are rude again - It That is Southend not Bournemouth. look at a map Its a completely different part of the country/You can not help yourself being rude. You live in USA 

Edited by bmwman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bmwman said:

I told you I live there and this was supposed to be the late May BH - it was not that busy. All hotels are closed as are restaurants.

they are speaking about the lockdown and restrictions on cam, how can it be old video from last year? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmwman said:

Typically you are rude again - It That is Southend not Bournemouth. look at a map Its a completely different part of the country

ok but that isnt the point exact location is semantics. , not being rude at all.  the point is ppl are tired of staying home, be it US or UK   , they want to be free of these restrictions. 

Edited by seaman11

Just now, seaman11 said:

they are speaking about the lockdown and restrictions on cam, how can it be old video from last year? 

There you go again twisting stories. This is nothing to do with the area in your earlier post. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

ok but that isnt the point, not being rude at all.  the point is ppl are tired of staying home, be it US or UK 

Agreed but staying at home we are, as we are quarantined getting back in !! As is anyone arriving in the UK. As I say the crowds were not as bad in Bournemouth as the papers made out. They were cleared VERY quickly those that arose. As I say we have not hotels open no restaurants