Cancelled cruises

huskypup

Depressed now! Was really hoping that my TA on the Epic on the 23rd November would go ahead. I have this as a B2B the second one being from San Juan on the 6th December.  The date that it says on that list that the Epic will be starting.

So no nice cruise across the Atlantic by the look of it.  That will make it my 3rd cancelled cruise this year.  Roll on 2021.......

47 minutes ago, huskypup said:

That's what we think so looking at moving cruise to Getaway out of Miami in Jan doing a 5 day and 7 day back to back.  My flights are non refundable but I can pay £200 to move them to January.

I will wait until NCL cancels the cruise.Reason is that in case they cancel it i can cancel my flight without charges as well.

And even in the unlikely event of the cruise not being cancelled i still don`t know whether Uncle Donald will let us europeans into his country or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, huskypup said:

If it's the start up date then Breakaway will/should be in the middle of its 13 day repositioning from NY to New Orleans.   

Still no reply from PCC though.

Given the leak was a "crew return" plan I would say the passenger restart is a week later. Suggesting Breakway will start with cruises out of New Orleans if returning to the present schedule of sailings.

9 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

Given the leak was a "crew return" plan I would say the passenger restart is a week later. Suggesting Breakway will start with cruises out of New Orleans if returning to the present schedule of sailings.

Not if they follow a 14 day quarantine and what happens if any of the crew come up positive?

31 minutes ago, CruiseMH said:

I will wait until NCL cancels the cruise.Reason is that in case they cancel it i can cancel my flight without charges as well.

And even in the unlikely event of the cruise not being cancelled i still don`t know whether Uncle Donald will let us europeans into his country or not.

You have a NCL flight package?   

1 hour ago, PelicanBill said:

That makes sense to me too.  

Plus, we all need to remember they have to clear with CDC, so this is probably a tentative plan which could easily be pushed back for start dates.  If it has to be pushed back, will be interesting to see if they still go with this order of ships returning to service.     

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sykimball1498 said:

I think that is the date they plan to start public sailing.  For instance the NCL Jade repositions to Tampa and the first Tampa sailing really is scheduled for November 22.  We leave on the Jade January 3, 2021 so I did some research to see when it would start from Tampa to se if we would be in the roll-out.  So this seems like the real dates not just crew start up.  But it remains to be seen of course.

I also think  this is their planned re-launch for public, when crew needs to work again. Crews will be brought back in as waves until fully staffed. 

4 hours ago, CruiseMH said:

i don`t think the Breakaway will do this repositioning cruise. She is still in France of scrubber installation. i do have extreme doubts that any cruises from NYC will take place during the next four months.So i assume that they will park the breakaway somewhere and will send her directly to NOLA and start the 7-day cruises end of this year or beginning of next year. I don`t think it makes sense to send her to NYC just to load passengers and then do the repositioning.

That is exactly what I think will happen.

I was booked on the NY to NOLA repositioning cruise and changed it a few weeks ago when I no longer wanted to cruise from NY.

51 minutes ago, CruiseMH said:

No. NCL didn`t even offer one. I booked individually.

If you booked separately-  why would your flight booking have anything to do with the cruise.   ???     These are 2 totally separate transactions with their own terns.  

I’ll assume you have free cancel terms with your flight when you booked.      

6 hours ago, sykimball1498 said:

I think that is the date they plan to start public sailing.  For instance the NCL Jade repositions to Tampa and the first Tampa sailing really is scheduled for November 22.  

I hope you are correct because we are booked on the Jade on that date.

2 hours ago, Frenchsnowhite said:

On this picture we can see that the Epic is not sailing before December, so it means that all fall Europe cruises will be canceled 😪

Even without this document,  I don't see any cruises going to Europe this summer.  

13 minutes ago, Meredithe said:

With the Jewel being cancelled until Feb 27, this lends credence that the leaked email is crew relaunch, not passenger 😞

Agree. I spot-checked a few of the other dates with scheduled cruises and the dates seem to be maybe 5-6 days before actual cruise dates.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Meredithe said:

With the Jewel being cancelled until Feb 27, this lends credence that the leaked email is crew relaunch, not passenger 😞

The dates are inclusive - the Feb 27 Sydney-Tahiti is also cancelled (we were booked on it, and got the notice).

So there's a three week gap from "Feb 21 return to service" until the next cruise, currently Mar 14th, Tahiti to Honolulu, which is not (yet) cancelled.  Maybe a 14 day crew quarantine as well as reposition.  But it's all just wishful thinking and maybes at this stage.

Rob