Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You would think they were giving away gold.

As unhappy as many seem to be with X still anxiously waiting for points 🫤 

I've often noticed that a lot of the people that have nothing good to say about Celebrity are certainly anxious to get the extra points. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, omeinv said:

It looks like they're coming today (Friday, Jan 12).  The five points are showing in the points history on my account, but not yet in the total.  This has happened before, and usually updates after a few hours.

image.thumb.png.3951d4fa34b68240d86bc2034464c205.png

Harris

Denver, CO

Congratulations you're the First 🎉🎉🎉

Nothing for me.  I hope @Stockjock gets his points soon. 

8 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I guess I'm door #2. See them in my history.

Better luck next time, but it looks like you're number 3.  @mahdnc beat you by a minute.  I would never have thought to look for them in my history.  

Edited by Ipeeinthepools
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Better luck next time, but it looks like you're number 3.  @mahdnc beat you by a minute.  I would never have thought to look at for them in my history.  

I thought to look there but lost my link to it and now can't find the history page...I hang my head in shame 😔

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

You would think they were giving away gold.

As unhappy as many seem to be with X still anxiously waiting for points 🫤 

I wonder what the real value of points is.  Let's call it what it is.  

1 minute ago, jean87510 said:

I often wonder why I bother with the power points since although I am Elite from Royal status, I only have 161 points and 2 points will get me to 163.  It really is a mystery to me.

Getting the points is the only way you will ever make it to Elite Plus and you know how valuable that can be.

2 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Getting the points is the only way you will ever make it to Elite Plus and you know how valuable that can be.

It's that Plus behind the Elite that I am striving for.  😉

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I'm enjoying all the benefits from Elite + and take full advantage of everything except for the discounted wine. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

The value of informing someone that I'm "ELITE PLUS" is priceless.

If I make it there, I will then know my life has not been lived in vain...

I concern myself with the points (obviously) and there's no chance they'll increase my tier.  Celebrity successfully "Gamified" this promotion.  I can't imagine any type of advertising that would get more successful engagement for the cost to Celebrity.  Witness this 329 page thread that lights up every time a new webinar is released.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

My points are "odd" - I can see the 5 points in my points history, but my total points are what they were mid December. If I sum all my cruises+PUPs, I get my current total and that does include the 5 December PUPs.

I want really paying attention, so maybe they were added in December?

15 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

I suspect your calculations are off. They were definitely not awarded in December.

Possibly......not that it matters. I'll never get to the next tier, so it doesn't really matter either way.

So, many of you have already received your 5 points for the last offer?

Points have not been added to my tally, yet. Hopefully they'll show up😊

Nice to read some of your comments on this extremely long thread.

I believe Celebrity started the Power-up Points during the pandemic as a way to reward CC members and keep interest and engagement while cruises were suspended. What a great and generous idea! Thank you Celebrity. I'm much closer to Elite than I was in 2020.

I just wish the program worked a little more consistantly. DH and I have watched many videos, and I've been the only one to receive points. LOL, I might become Elite before he does.

-Sunny

33 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

My points are "odd" - I can see the 5 points in my points history, but my total points are what they were mid December. If I sum all my cruises+PUPs, I get my current total and that does include the 5 December PUPs.

I want really paying attention, so maybe they were added in December?

No, this usually happens. They show up in the points history before the total gets added. Probably later tonight or tomorrow. It will reflect the correct number of points and adjust your tier if necessary.

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, omeinv said:

No, this usually happens. They show up in the points history before the total gets added. Probably later tonight or tomorrow. It will reflect the correct number of points and adjust your tear if necessary.

Same here my points are in the point history but not yet in the total. I expect they will be in the total in a day or two.