Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Here's a new question that's probably not new.

I just got my points for the cruise ending last Wednesday.  The good news - I had a double point offer, and the points were doubled.  What I didn't get was my "go green" night of points.

Should I contact someone?  Should I have confirmed on the ship?

DH and I have different last names, and sometimes he's first on the booking and sometimes I am.  Could that be why?

Will it matter down the road?  I have no idea.

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Go green points are not power up points

Yes I know that, but neither is Gelato, or Regent.  I figured this was as good a place as any to ask about missing points.  

Edited by abbydancer2003
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Yes I know that, but neither is Gelato, or Regent.  I figured this was as good a place as any to ask about missing points.  

When we had double points for a room, they doubled our room points and the added one more day’s points (not doubled) for Go Green

37 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

When we had double points for a room, they doubled our room points and the added one more day’s points (not doubled) for Go Green

Same way it was done for us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Same way it was done for us. 

That's what usually happens for us.  I do Go Green on every cruise, but on this one I got double the regular points, but NOT the additional night worth for Go Green. It was a 12 night cruise, I got credit for 24 nights (ie double the 12) but not the 25th for Go Green.

I don't need a thread on what it is, or how it's awarded on double points.  I need to know what to do when they weren't awarded.  I did do a Go Green search, but nothing on that particular problem.  I figure since this is the points expert thread, maybe someone here knows.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Here's a new question that's probably not new.

I just got my points for the cruise ending last Wednesday.  The good news - I had a double point offer, and the points were doubled.  What I didn't get was my "go green" night of points.

Should I contact someone?  Should I have confirmed on the ship?

DH and I have different last names, and sometimes he's first on the booking and sometimes I am.  Could that be why?

Will it matter down the road?  I have no idea.

Thanks!

We had to email in after the cruise to get ours added on both occasions we did go green 

29 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

That's what usually happens for us.  I do Go Green on every cruise, but on this one I got double the regular points, but NOT the additional night worth for Go Green. It was a 12 night cruise, I got credit for 24 nights (ie double the 12) but not the 25th for Go Green.

I don't need a thread on what it is, or how it's awarded on double points.  I need to know what to do when they weren't awarded.  I did do a Go Green search, but nothing on that particular problem.  I figure since this is the points expert thread, maybe someone here knows.

Call Captains Club. 800-760-0654. They should be able to fix it easily. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

I would just call Celebrity.  It should have posted all at the same time, so at this point intervention is required.

1 hour ago, Beachlover1989 said:

I would just call Celebrity.  It should have posted all at the same time, so at this point intervention is required.

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

Call Captains Club. 800-760-0654. They should be able to fix it easily. Good luck!

Thank you both.  I called, and she said she sent an email to loyalty(?) to have the points added.  I did ask if it's because DH and I have different last names, and the primary is not always the same.  She couldn't really answer that as to being the cause, but she did confirm that I should probably check that it's there on the first day.

On 1/20/2024 at 1:24 PM, Merfille said:

We are new to Celebrity, about to cruise with them for the first time in February on a South America & Antarctica itinerary. Because of the December webinar and resulting Power Up Points, my family is now showing as Classic instead of Preview. I was not sure if it would work until after we actually cruised, but it shows up for each of us. It's pretty neat to be able to do Power Up Points. I can imagine how great it is for a boost when close to a new level, as well. Thanks for the information in this thread!

Don't forget to sign up for Go Green on Celebrity. More points for you.

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2024 at 1:18 PM, rotoal said:

And remember to get your free scoop of gelato!

I will look into this, for sure!! 😁 Is there a specific place to get it or just in a dining room?

Edited by Merfille

23 minutes ago, Merfille said:

I will look into this, for sure!! 😁 Is there a specific place to get it or just in a dining room?

There is a dedicated area where gelato is sold.  This gelateria is usually in a small location that looks kind of abandoned.  For Eclipse, it is on Deck 5 (starboard) near Cafe Al Bacio.

Eclipse's Oceanview Cafe up on Deck 14 does not have gelato but it does has ice cream and sorbet (included as part of your cruise fare).  So there's that.

image.png.fd5cec553c1d1f5be2871c5a1da9d0eb.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

There is a dedicated area where gelato is sold.  This gelateria is usually in a small location that looks kind of abandoned.  For Eclipse, it is on Deck 5 (starboard) near Cafe Al Bacio.

Eclipse's Oceanview Cafe up on Deck 14 does not have gelato but it does has ice cream and sorbet (included as part of your cruise fare).  So there's that.

image.png.fd5cec553c1d1f5be2871c5a1da9d0eb.png

Thank you, so much! And sorbet in addition to ice cream is a wonderful piece of information, as my daughter can't have dairy and I limit it for myself. That is great to know for a treat. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merfille said:

Thank you, so much! And sorbet in addition to ice cream is a wonderful piece of information, as my daughter can't have dairy and I limit it for myself. That is great to know for a treat. 

From what I understand, your whole trip will be a treat.

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Eclipse's Oceanview Cafe up on Deck 14 does not have gelato but it does has ice cream and sorbet (included as part of your cruise fare).

Both of which are generally better than the gelato.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:53 PM, mahdnc said:

Here is a chart showing PUP events by year to give you some idea of historical frequency.  It does not include PUP events that were based on social media activity (there weren't that many of them).  The event count did not take into account whether it was a measly 10 point event or the cherished 50 pointer--they were both counted as a single event.

You can see that PUP events have really tapered off this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if they disappeared altogether in 2024.

image.png.ac19311d180d10224d652d67010dadeb.png

I wonder if it would be too much to ask to update this for all of 2023?
Thank you!

11 hours ago, EnjoyTravel said:

I wonder if it would be too much to ask to update this for all of 2023?
Thank you!

When I get a chance, I’ll take care of that. 

• Like 1