Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

This next webinar my be the first one I actually watch after joining it.  OK, maybe the second one as we had to provide answer to questions about the Captains on one of them. 

Edited by doghog

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

We just got off the Ascemt and the food in the MDR was excellent. In November the MDR food  & menu was much better than it was mid year.

I think the food on the newer ships is better than the older ones. We have seen drastic cuts in food quality on the Equinox, which we have sailed every year for the last 4-5 years.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

So loyalty is worth nothing?

To every cruise line, hotel chain, and airline, loyalty is worth how much profit they expect to make. 

Just look at Delta's new loyalty program.  It is totally based on how much money passengers spend with that airline.  No more credit for miles flown.

Celebrity doesn't give benefits to loyal customers to be nice.  They give benefits to keep us coming back and spending more money with them. 

You might want to ask yourself the question, "what are the loyalty benefits worth to me?"

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

To every cruise line, hotel chain, and airline, loyalty is worth how much profit they expect to make. 

Just look at Delta's new loyalty program.  It is totally based on how much money passengers spend with that airline.  No more credit for miles flown.

Celebrity doesn't give benefits to loyal customers to be nice.  They give benefits to keep us coming back and spending more money with them. 

You might want to ask yourself the question, "what are the loyalty benefits worth to me?"

I've been saying this -- they aren't thank you gifts as much as they are incentives to not go to their competitors....

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Because Beyond will homeport in Miami instead of FLL starting May 2025. 

Why? The itineraries are shorter and no ABC islands. I wonder why they left Port Everglades. The Oasis class of RCL left too. 

17 minutes ago, NanaPam00 said:

I asked if new smaller ships are on the horizon at all....

Wouldn't that be nice.  Although I doubt it. Larger and larger ships seem to be the trend with mid-price cruise lines.  I left Princess because they got rid of their small ships and started building bigger ones.  On one of my Princess cruises, the captain told us that larger ships were more cost effective.

2 minutes ago, Pennstatedj said:

Why? The itineraries are shorter and no ABC islands. I wonder why they left Port Everglades. The Oasis class of RCL left too. 

All of Beyond's itineraries are 7 nights with no short Caribbean cruises. Having 2 ships doing Caribbean in the summer or 2022 was a lingering result of COVID and the 6/8 night Reflection cruises seemed pretty weak this past summer. It's most likely due to scheduling issues at the Miami combined with 7 night cruises overall selling better. 

Port Everglades does a lot of construction in the summer. I think the shore power installation at all terminals is supposed conclude sometime in 2025, T26 and T29 are supposed to be renovated and a new garage added, etc.  

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Everglades_Master_Vision_Plan_Update_FINAL_ADA_21_10_2020_cbef0685-731f-4bcd-9fce-5e5c051bccda.pdf

5 hours ago, Pennstatedj said:

My question I sent in was why are there no ships in Ft Lauderdale next summer 2025? 

It looks like Oasis of the Seas and Enchanted Princess will be the only ships next summer out of Port everglades that are currently scheduled with Icon and Beyond sailing from Miami.  They haven't announced what Celebrity Reflection will be doing next summer so it may still be back.

9 hours ago, doghog said:

Did anyone ask about the footstools being removed from balcony staterooms?

We asked about the footstools. How can we sleep on the balcony without footstools or loungers?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

went to submit questions and survey closed. Said open until 15th which normally means until midnight.     

What survey? 

Edit: Never mind, scrolled back. Cruise Critic notifications have been terrible lately, didn't realize there was activity in this thread.

Edited by GimmeOcean

26 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

went to submit questions and survey closed. Said open until 15th which normally means until midnight.     

This should surprise no one.  They probably got so many questions, of the type they really don't want to answer, that they closed the submissions early. LOL!    I kind of hope the questions were all about removing gratuities from All Included, footstools, and charging singles more that double. 😈

I do hope for a points opportunity for the submitted questions Webinar.  While I haven't got any Celebrity cruises booked, I have no problem inching my way towards Elite + on the chance Celebrity figures out how to not tick their loyalty members off. 😉

Edited by dreams_of_travel
Adding Captains Club points comment to stay on topic.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1Virgo said:

The Webinar is now live, but not one question was used.

Edited by upwarduk

20 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

I think the food on the newer ships is better than the older ones. We have seen drastic cuts in food quality on the Equinox, which we have sailed every year for the last 4-5 years.

Equinox in Europe this summer.

9 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

The Webinar is now live, but not one question was used.

Celebrity sent me the email requesting questions, but not one about the webinar going live.  Are there PUPs  for watching? 

If yes, please post the URL to the webinar.

• Like 2