Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

21 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I just want to claim post # 10,000 on this thread.

#cruisecriticgoals

#meaninglessmilestone

#offtopicpost

😂😂😂

According to the post number that shows on my browser your post is #9677 🙄 Are we going to fill the thread with off topic posts to make 10,000?

Edited by Charles4515
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

According to the post number that shows on my browser your post is #9677 🙄 Are we going to fill the thread with off topic posts to make 10,000?

Undoubtedly so.

• Like 1

Sadly with August in the books, I can update my PUP tables (no PUP activities).  This is the first time that we've had 3 months in a row with no PUP activities which is a bad sign.

There is hope for this month because Celebrity has held a PUP activity during every September since the program started.  We will see.

image.png.7d026a106522e8ed748a4a0c00d86303.png

image.png.0d830d0753cc698dd65309cd0260c5ad.png

image.png.7b5b2b8f18bb5b6d128e0c4b1ccacc78.png

image.png.87f9318be3fb4deb5999df8f941d8863.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

There is hope for this month because Celebrity has held a PUP activity during every September since the program started.

There is a PUP currently in progress. You book a short cruise on Reflection and you get PUP's for it as well as the points for the cruise.  Don't tell me you missed that discussion ~!!  🤣

• Haha 1

With PUP at its past rate, and "Go Green", as well as the four cruises booked this and next year, I'll move to Elite+ (and Diamond Plus) in 2025.  It would take another seven day cruise otherwise.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

There is a PUP currently in progress. You book a short cruise on Reflection and you get PUP's for it as well as the points for the cruise.  Don't tell me you missed that discussion ~!!  🤣

There is a footnote at the bottom of the table regarding PUP activities that are NOT included.  They are:

1. PUPs requiring social media activity

2. PUPs requiring the booking of a cruise, hotel, or air.

Also PUPs requiring the booking of a shore excursion are also not included in the table even though it is not mentioned in the foot note (next time, it will).  Basically any PUP activity requiring a purchase of any kind is not included.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

There is a footnote at the bottom of the table regarding PUP activities that are NOT included.  They are:

1. PUPs requiring social media activity

2. PUPs requiring the booking of a cruise, hotel, or air.

Curious as why those are excluded.  We earned PUP points by both those type of activities.  

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Curious as why those are excluded.  We earned PUP points by both those type of activities.  

Are you really earning points when you have to spend thousands of dollars for a few points.

19 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Judgment call on my part on what I choose to track.  I excluded PUPs that require a purchase or FaceBook activity because not everyone can do it.  The free, non-social media, participation PUPs generate the most interest in this forum.  When people are checking in on this thread or praying to the PUP gods for the next PUP activity, most are not looking for the ones that require a purchase or doing something on FaceBook.  I am sure you've noticed that.....

By the way, I, too, have earned PUPs in the past because of booking this or that.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The person who was nice enough to make the chart decided it would be that way.  I'm sure you're welcome to make a chart consisting of the information the way you'd like. 

Harris

Denver, CO

25 minutes ago, omeinv said:

The person who was nice enough to make the chart decided it would be that way.  I'm sure you're welcome to make a chart consisting of the information the way you'd like. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Thank you, Harris!  But it's ok.  jelayne is very cool and is a great CC member--as are you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Thank you, Harris!  But it's ok.  jelayne is very cool and is a great CC member--as are you.

Right you are.  Furthermore, in re-reading my post it certainly sounds harsher than I intended to sound.  I apologize to both of you. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andy_P said:

With PUP at its past rate, and "Go Green", as well as the four cruises booked this and next year, I'll move to Elite+ (and Diamond Plus) in 2025.  It would take another seven day cruise otherwise.

I don’t consider this a PUP as it’s really not a non cost way of achieving PUP’s.  So it’s not really available to everyone

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

There is a footnote at the bottom of the table regarding PUP activities that are NOT included. 

Sorry Dave, I completely missed that.  I'll buy you a drink next year.  

2 hours ago, Dave JS said:

Are you really earning points when you have to spend thousands of dollars for a few points.

We had already planned to book the sailing and coincidently the PUP offering came in.  Lucky break.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omeinv said:

Harris

Denver, CO

🤔 I wasn’t inferring that the chart wasn’t informative.  I was simply curious as to why some PUPs were not included.  I apologize if some thought I was denigrating the work @mahdnc put into creating the chart. 

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

We had already planned to book the sailing and coincidently the PUP offering came in.  Lucky break.

Same for us.  I have earned PUPs for booking air and shorex with Celebrity.  As far as we were concerned, the PUPs were bonuses and not incentives.  And in at least one instance that I can recall, we actually had it booked before the PUP activity came out--so we were able to claim the bonus PUPs retroactively.

image.png.214ac71af0bd0cdb0781c06e38afaeae.png

Edited by mahdnc

On 9/4/2024 at 6:35 PM, DaKahuna said:

Sorry Dave, I completely missed that.  I'll buy you a drink next year.  

Thanks to John and his wonderful drink package.

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2024 at 6:29 PM, Cruise till you drop said:

They’ve also had something in July of every year and look what happened this year (0).  I’m not hopeful.  Sorry

I agree.  Another reason that I pointed out September as the month to watch for is because if we do not get a PUP activity, several bad indicators will have occurred simultaneously:

1. first Sep ever with no PUPs

2. four months in a row with no PUPs (a new futility record)

3. it will likely mean that 2024 will be the worst calendar year in terms of total number of PUP activities offered (frequency) and total number of points offered.

1 hour ago, cruisegirlppp said:

Maybe Celebrity will sponsor another "PUP" cruise for us but this time someplace warm in the winter, and a minimum 7 nights.

Great idea.  And as an inducement maybe they could award 10 PUPs a night for inside cabins, 20 PUPs for outside, and go on from there!  This would be so exciting--earn PUPs and cruise at the same time.  Alas, their marketing people will never go for it......

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

Maybe Celebrity will sponsor another "PUP" cruise for us but this time someplace warm in the winter, and a minimum 7 nights.

I would not hold my breath for that.  they picked the short 4-day cruise for a reason - they are not selling well.  They forgot who their primary customers were when they started offering these short cruises to their for a free based amusement park. 

• Haha 2