Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

54 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I’m assuming from the talk and trend that PUP’s will cease to exist and then this thread will end.  Sorry for the doomsday declaration but that’s how I see it

This popular program was started during COVID after the cruise shutdown began to keep people engaged with the Celebrity product.  It is also something that none of the major cruise lines did including Royal Caribbean.  Since then we have a new Celebrity president and RCG CEO.  I also see this program being phased out over time--you can see that things are tapering off in the charts.

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I also see this program being phased out over time--you can see that things are tapering off in the charts.

Its very possible as many things do over the years. I know for me since already Elite plus I don't partake in any more PUP's but I understand some are just short a few points to reach the next level. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

This popular program was started during COVID after the cruise shutdown began to keep people engaged with the Celebrity product.  It is also something that none of the major cruise lines did including Royal Caribbean.  Since then we have a new Celebrity president and RCG CEO.  I also see this program being phased out over time--you can see that things are tapering off in the charts.

The new CEO did reference the program not too long ago so she is aware of it and I look on that as a good thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I’m assuming from the talk and trend that PUP’s will cease to exist and then this thread will end.  Sorry for the doomsday declaration but that’s how I see it

I would not consider it ended until Celebrity removes it from their website. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I think Zenith members wouldn’t agree 

maybe you should do what this guy is doing and going back to RCL😉😁

Since Zenith members are the smallest cohort of Captains club their view is hardly representative. 

And in any case it's not different from the Happy hour point being discussed.

Not sure why your conclusion is relevant either - since I didn't come from RCL. It is of course possible to acknowledge benefits of other cruise lines rather than just being a die hard fan boi.  😉😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

We all have choices.  If Royal C & A perks work for you that’s a choice you have.  For some the drink perk be it Celebrity or Royal isn’t a factor in deciding who to book our next cruise with.  

I didn't say it wasn't a choice. Nor that it's the deciding factor.

Odd how someone's opinion provokes such defensive behaviour in some.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Thank you for saying that.  Every month lately, someone makes a similar remark and then abracadabra!  another PUP opportunity is offered.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Its very possible as many things do over the years. I know for me since already Elite plus I don't partake in any more PUP's but I understand some are just short a few points to reach the next level. 

Thanks to the PUPs I hit Elite after my third Celebrity cruise (only 2 of those were eligible for double points). 🙂

• Like 4

14 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks to the PUPs I hit Elite after my third Celebrity cruise (only 2 of those were eligible for double points). 🙂

Oooh, are we going to play “I can top that?”  The PUPs allowed me to hit Elite after my second Celebrity trip…although both were in suites, with one being a transpacific in Millennium’s Celebrity Suite (it was a significant reduction in price from their usual levels).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

Oooh, are we going to play “I can top that?”  The PUPs allowed me to hit Elite after my second Celebrity trip…although both were in suites, with one being a transpacific in Millennium’s Celebrity Suite (it was a significant reduction in price from their usual levels).

That's awesome!!

I was more responding to the "just needing a few" - I only did my first Celebrity Cruise in Feb 2020 and so when shutdown happened I only had 24 points (solo IV for 7 nights plus GoGreen). I got 75 for my Summit Cruise (solo in Aqua Class for 7 nights - so double points - plus GoGreen) and 85 for my Beyond Cruise (solo in Aqua Class for 8 nights - so double points - plus GoGreen). I'm at 303 points now - so that means I got 119 points simply from PUPs. 😄 That's a few more than "just a few".

I'm happy for all of us who were able to move up thanks to them - and of course our cruises!!

• Like 4

On 8/20/2024 at 11:19 AM, mahasamatman said:

I'm sure they will eventually, but I don't see it happening soon.

No need to end PUP's till people quit talking about them.  Celebrity is getting the benefit of the hope that another morsel (PUP points) will be waved in front of us.

Don't get me wrong, I have done many of the videos to get some PUP's. I am in mid 800's, thus no real help for me now with the rate they are now being offered...none.  I am actually sailing Royal for our next 3 sailings, then HAL. No Celebrity sailings booked, but would like to plan one on S class.  

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 9:19 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That's awesome!!

I was more responding to the "just needing a few" - I only did my first Celebrity Cruise in Feb 2020 and so when shutdown happened I only had 24 points (solo IV for 7 nights plus GoGreen). I got 75 for my Summit Cruise (solo in Aqua Class for 7 nights - so double points - plus GoGreen) and 85 for my Beyond Cruise (solo in Aqua Class for 8 nights - so double points - plus GoGreen). I'm at 303 points now - so that means I got 119 points simply from PUPs. 😄 That's a few more than "just a few".

I'm happy for all of us who were able to move up thanks to them - and of course our cruises!!

Agree that this has been a great way to get higher status at little or no cost. I received 117 points through PUPs, enough to put us over the Elite threshold,  all after my last boarding on a Celebrity ship. We’re going to try out our new status on a 2025 transatlantic (virtually all our cruising is transoceanic). 

Edited by ExArkie
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

We’re going to try out our new status on a 2025 transatlantic (virtually all our cruising is transoceanic

I love them. Done 2 already and a third next April. Nice and relaxing get to catch up on my reading which I enjoy. Time at the pool or lazing on deck. Do as much or as little as I want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I love them. Done 2 already and a third next April. Nice and relaxing get to catch up on my reading which I enjoy. Time at the pool or lazing on deck. Do as much or as little as I want. 

We are over 12 TAs and l have never had time to finish reading a book 🤣

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I no longer kid myself, thus I bring one token book just in case.  I do bring mp iPhone and EarPods for music.

Wishing you no time on your next TA. 🙂

7 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Any suggestions for Celebrity as to a  PUP video/event?  

Yes.  Let's have one.

• Like 2

For the past three years, Celebrity has had a webinar which rolls out their ship deployment for the next season.  They have been released in Nov/Dec.  The last two years, the webinar was worth 50 PUPs (5 Club Points).  Understandably, Celebrity attaches a lot of importance to it as it is part of their marketing campaign to get people interested in booking their new sailings once they are released.

So I don't know when/what their next PUP event will be but I am going to watch closely to see if they do another PUP event towards the end of the year on their upcoming ship deployment.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Wow! That's a lot of TA's.  Looking forward to the upcoming one next April which has a great itinerary. 15 nights.

8 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Try harder.   🤣

I enjoy sitting in a nice quiet lounge reading a book, if it is interesting.  There are some books that I just did not find interesting enough to finish.  Others, although I may have read them one or more times before, I find I just can't seem to turn away from.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Wow 12+ TA's, good on ya!!  I only have 2 but now that I am very soon to be retired, I plan to do 2/year.  For me, they are now the best and most relaxing way to travel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Try harder.   🤣

I enjoy sitting in a nice quiet lounge reading a book, if it is interesting.  There are some books that I just did not find interesting enough to finish.  Others, although I may have read them one or more times before, I find I just can't seem to turn away from.  

There is usually a group of us that meet up TAs , for over 10 years now , 

so too busy BSing instead of reading 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1