NCL Cancels all cruises through September

HaveWeMetYet

4 minutes ago, Doggielover68 said:

At this rate, I just hope I'll be able to sail in January, but with a second wave on the way combined with flu season, I'm not so sure.

Same here. I have cruises booked in January and February that I am starting to worry about. After the latest news I am basically resigned that cruises I have booked in September and October will be cancelled. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The cruise lines can’t do anything when the CDC won’t let them sail from US ports. 

They also can't do anything when cruise ports are not open. Cruise ports re-opening or not have a big impact on this.

Only time will truly tell what happens.  Just cancel the rest of the year IMO

I woke up hopeful because since John posted you can now do stockholder credit by email, which I did on Saturday and it was applied to the September sailing today. 

That being said.. I started playing the "game" that I saw other playing (the room I wanted for our Pride cruise was available one day, then it went to the you could select the category but nothing was available for almost 2 weeks until it was actually booked) by putting holds on the cruises/rooms I wanted for 2 alternates with both mine and DH's account.

All of the Carnival cancellations have been posted on a Wednesday. And oddly enough they "made" John Heald take a day off of work today from Facebook/Instagram questions. When I saw that... I thought, oh... the $&^! is probably gonna hit the fan again soon. 

I probably feel less effected by all this in the world because while I live in a relatively populous area (2.3+ in the greater region) we have seen less than 4000 positive cases.  On an different note though, in all of this time we didn't have a single hospitalization in our Children's Hospital due to Covid until last week. So I fully realize that because of where I am and how it was handled here I just don't "get" the severity of it compared to those say in NYC or LA or New Orleans. 

This world is what it is now, I am honestly done worrying about it. Tomorrow if they cancel (which I believe they will honestly) I will book for December and hope for the best then! Now.. to work to explain to my boss that, hey.. I need to move my vacation days AGAIN because... life!  

18 minutes ago, Jasalth said:

I woke up hopeful because since John posted you can now do stockholder credit by email, which I did on Saturday and it was applied to the September sailing today. 

Is this on his facebook blog or somewhere else? I have 200 shares and would love the credit for an Oct. cruise.

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

If Carnival is going to cancel September cruises, I will not be upset because I really don't want to cruise if a mask is required.  I am not worried about contracting the virus.  I just don't want to cruise if a mask is required. If they do cancel my September cruise, I will just roll the money I paid to my January cruise and go from there.  It will not be a huge surprise.  I still hope they sail, but I have accepted that it might not happen and have a plan B.

We have pretty much come to the realization that we will not be cruising on the Breeze in September.  Not really a big disappointment at this point because of what it will look like then anyway.  We have already started making plans to head up to Pigeon Forge for that week instead.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobsfamily said:

Is this on his facebook blog or somewhere else? I have 200 shares and would love the credit for an Oct. cruise.

Idk it was even I problem since I always emailed it. 

Guestadmin@carnival.com I got obc for shares for my august and oct carnival cruises applied.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well when the flight was cancelled, knew another round coming

Told ya last weekend it was coming.

Yes fbn had it too, ncl stock getting hit after hours. They waited until market closing to make the announcement. 

Carnival stock is down 7%+ after hours as well.  Just sold my last 100 shares.  Was really anticipating the return to be delayed further.  I figured I could buy it back after it drops for much less money.  Will wait for a while to do that though.

6 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We have pretty much come to the realization that we will not be cruising on the Breeze in September.  Not really a big disappointment at this point because of what it will look like then anyway.  We have already started making plans to head up to Pigeon Forge for that week instead.

We have a road trip planned to drive to Destin, Florida at the end of August to stay in a condo on the beach.  It's not a cruise, but we are very excited about it.  This virus will just have to run its course.  On a good note, I am spending less money this year because we usually cruise at least twice a year.  Once we can cruise again someday, it won't matter that we missed our cruise in September.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk it was even I problem since I always emailed it. 

Guestadmin@carnival.com I got obc for shares for my august and oct carnival cruises applied.

Thanks!

John gave this email:

shareholders@carnival.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’ve read from others that you can’t “roll” the money to an all ready booked cruise. It has to be a new cruise. Just thought I’d mention that. 

I've rolled the money from the 5 cruises that have cancelled already to cruises I had already booked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’ve read from others that you can’t “roll” the money to an all ready booked cruise. It has to be a new cruise. Just thought I’d mention that. 

I did it, today. Paid off my November cruise with some of my cancelled August cruise  money.

Edited by Poseidon Patty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1