What Game Show

17 minutes ago, SlipperyVic said:

I wish they would stop doing the game shows in the atrium. Almost impossible to enjoy.

i agree. this is one of the things i hate about the newer mega ships like the breakaway, escape, etc

these type of game shows should be done in a lounge or somewhere else

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i agree. this is one of the things i hate about the newer mega ships like the breakaway, escape, etc

these type of game shows should be done in a lounge or somewhere else

The Atrium is the second largest venue on the ship after the theater (aside from the pool deck). A lot fewer people can see the games anywhere else. But, maybe in the new norm, we’ll see more activities on the pool deck or at Spice. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Atrium is the second largest venue on the ship after the theater (aside from the pool deck). A lot fewer people can see the games anywhere else. But, maybe in the new norm, we’ll see more activities on the pool deck or at Spice. 

It may be the second largest venue on the ship, but the seating is sorely lacking. Way too many people for way too few seats. We couldn't see half of the game shows or bands due to nowhere to sit or even stand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KateQ22003 said:

It may be the second largest venue on the ship, but the seating is sorely lacking. Way too many people for way too few seats. We couldn't see half of the game shows or bands due to nowhere to sit or even stand.

this is what i hate with the atrium  and i will also like to add that sometimes the background noises from the local/o'sheehan's can be too loud to where effects the enjoyment of the shows or band that is playing

• Like 1

12 hours ago, shof515 said:

this is what i hate with the atrium  and i will also like to add that sometimes the background noises from the local/o'sheehan's can be too loud to where effects the enjoyment of the shows or band that is playing

The Atrium is terrible for these types of games.  Big huge chairs people drag around and then they have to drag out the folding chairs.  Not at all enjoyable.  If you didn't get there a hour and a half early you were out of luck. 

• Like 1

The atrium is horrible for shows.  The acoustics are horrible and the seating is not sufficient.  My favorite NCL show is the Perfect Couple.  On Encore, I semi-enjoyed the Lip Sync battle game.  Deal or No Deal is hard to play with a crowd.  On my most recent cruise there was the ultimate game where the guy went all the way to the end and did have the $1000 case but ending up folding at the end.  He still got around $500.  It was a great game.

I agree with the person who mentioned the $25k Pyramid.  That could be so fun with random couples.  

I wish NCL would build ships with another small theater for such game shows.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 6:32 AM, KateQ22003 said:

I guess getting there a tad earlier was out of the question?  On Breakaway we never had this issue  as we planned ahead and enjoyed a beverage or two before the activities...  It's kind of like the pool deck...  Arrive early, you find plenty of seats...

I agree with DS that the atrium is horrid place for the game shows, however, I never attempted to find a seat in the atrium itself, for the shows, I'd always go up to O'Sheehans... get a glass of wine and sit at the rail... great place to have some fun and... when you've had enough, easy place to vacate.  Usually plenty of seats available too. 

Cheers

7 hours ago, cliffd64 said:

I guess getting there a tad earlier was out of the question?  On Breakaway we never had this issue  as we planned ahead and enjoyed a beverage or two before the activities...  It's kind of like the pool deck...  Arrive early, you find plenty of seats...

We went as early as we could right after dinner, the evening show or the Beatles show; the atrium was a madhouse. It was just as bad for the afternoon games. I think your plan could work if all you wanted to do was to sit in the atrium so you would have a seat when you needed it. Oh, and don't get me started on the people that took up several seats with purses, bags, etc. claiming they were saving them for people who never showed up. That was the most maddening of all. 

Edited by KateQ22003
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KateQ22003 said:

We went as early as we could right after dinner, the evening show or the Beatles show; the atrium was a madhouse. It was just as bad for the afternoon games. I think your plan could work if all you wanted to do was to sit in the atrium so you would have a seat when you needed it. Oh, and don't get me started on the people that took up several seats with purses, bags, etc. claiming they were saving them for people who never showed up. That was the most maddening of all. 

I totally agree. On other lines there is enough time after dinner or a show to get to the games which are held in a large lounge. I think tne Pearl actually had some of the games & bingo in one of the large lounges.