FCC but no Refund?

Alrana Eris

Has anyone else seen this?

DH & I had a cruise booked in September to New England and Canada. Cruise was canceled and we got the letter (via email) saying we could pick FCC or a refund and the form would go live on 7/6/2020. So we planned on waiting until then to make a final decision. Today I got an email from NCL that says they have applied the FCC (125%) to my account. No mention of the option of a refund. No mention of a policy change. The link they sent out initially that mentioned the refund just goes to a 404 error page, but I didn't figure on that link being live until refunds were available.

I am going to try and contact NCL about this but I recognize that may be an uphill battle. 

Happened to everyone (and posted here by several) during the first 2 (or was it 3?) rounds of cancellations.  FCC is automatically issued, regardless of your desire for a full cash refund.  The system is set up to easily issue FCC and it may not even take human intervention, or at least doesn't require the level of human intervention that issuing refunds does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alrana Eris said:

Yes.  Been that way since the very first cruises were cancelled 3 months ago. 

To consolidate all the answers that have already been posted:

When you do apply for the refund, it could take up to 90 days.  The March/April refunds are just coming back now. 

And if you are trying to figure out your FCC, it will be distributed between all passengers, based on their fare - it doesn't automatically go back to the person who paid.  If you paid using any CN certificates, they will be deducted from the FCC of the primary (most likely anyway) on the booking.

48 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

when is the fcc supposed to hit for sept cruises that were canceled? thx 

suppose to be in your account between now and the 25 according to the email that was sent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

suppose to be in your account between now and the 25 according to the email that was sent

thx, Last time it took an extra 2 weeks for me,.and phoned 4 times and they still couldnt find it.  i hope that doesn't happen again, extra not showing yet.  i want to rebook. 

5 hours ago, seaman11 said:

when is the fcc supposed to hit for sept cruises that were canceled? thx 

The 125% should already be in your account and you should have gotten an email.

I got an email this morning from NCL.

For the FCC on what you paid - should be in the account by June 26th and I hope so.

It does not include the insurance. The insurance would be another separate credit.

July 6th to request for a refund, link would be active at 9 am EST.

9 hours ago, Alrana Eris said:

DH & I had a cruise booked in September to New England and Canada. Cruise was canceled and we got the letter (via email) saying we could pick FCC or a refund and the form would go live on 7/6/2020. So we planned on waiting until then to make a final decision. Today I got an email from NCL that says they have applied the FCC (125%) to my account. No mention of the option of a refund. No mention of a policy change. The link they sent out initially that mentioned the refund just goes to a 404 error page, but I didn't figure on that link being live until refunds were available.

I am going to try and contact NCL about this but I recognize that may be an uphill battle. 

This is totally normal. No need to contact NCL. No battles to be fought. Follow the directions in your original email. 

You are given a refund in the form of a FCC automatically. Just like cancelling an airline ticket, you get a credit for future use. It is done automatically and available very shortly after the cancellation for your use. 

Should you wish to ask NCL to change the form of refund to a cash repayment, you have to wait until July  6th and use the online form to make that request. Once the request is made, it will take NCL up to 90 days to process the request and get an authorization to make a cash refund. As you see here on CC, some of those cash refunds are taking longer than 90 days. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Alrana Eris said:

Yes, if you read any of the gazillion threads concerning the FCC / refund ..... it was discussed ad nauseum

1 hour ago, HEATH3913 said:

I still haven't gotten my 125% credit to my account or email for my August cancel. This was a rebook of a canceled March cruise so maybe that is why.

What was it paid with???

We got a similar letter outlining the extra 25 percent FCC, but we didn't get our original Peace of Mind Credit returned. We applied our POM credit from a spring 2020 cancellation to this cruise...but now it doesn't seem to exist even though FAQ's claim these types of credits will be returned. The NCL salespeople don't waste any time, they called shortly after the extra 25 percent was issued to try to get us to book another cruise. When we explained we hadn't gotten the original POM credit back she couldn't get me off the phone fast enough, telling me to just be patient and wait a few more days. 

18 minutes ago, HEATH3913 said:

Credit from the canceled march cruise.

A former FCC used for payment will return to your account with original- use by date- at 100%.      

There is NO additional 25% bonus. 

7 minutes ago, whatever60 said:

We got a similar letter outlining the extra 25 percent FCC, but we didn't get our original Peace of Mind Credit returned. We applied our POM credit from a spring 2020 cancellation to this cruise...but now it doesn't seem to exist even though FAQ's claim these types of credits will be returned. The NCL salespeople don't waste any time, they called shortly after the extra 25 percent was issued to try to get us to book another cruise. When we explained we hadn't gotten the original POM credit back she couldn't get me off the phone fast enough, telling me to just be patient and wait a few more days. 

FCC are returned separately-  as are Cruise Next.  

There will be NO additional 25% bonuses on FCC payments.      

Sorry should be 125%...and we already got email outlining that credit which is the extra percentage calculated on the original POM credit used to pay for this cruise. As I stated the original has not been credited to our account. We have a credit for nearly $2000...but not for the over $7000 we paid. Yes, it is supposed to come in the form of a FCC but it hasn't. And yes it was supposed to be there by June 25th, but it isn't.

21 minutes ago, whatever60 said:

Sorry should be 125%...and we already got email outlining that credit which is the extra percentage calculated on the original POM credit used to pay for this cruise. As I stated the original has not been credited to our account. We have a credit for nearly $2000...but not for the over $7000 we paid. Yes, it is supposed to come in the form of a FCC but it hasn't. And yes it was supposed to be there by June 25th, but it isn't.

All your payment was POM???  

I’ve never even come close to the amount you are missing. 🤩.    Just goes to show the wide range of pricing on a cruise.     

Anyway.  Credits are separately returned-  hopefully you are also waiting for Cruise Next.      Unfortunately time is extended in this process.    My account is not complete either-   Missing FCC (not POM- which IS different) and Cruise Next.     

OP's DH here with a pleasant update.

Yesterday we got a voicemail from our NCL cruise consultant outlining the original two choices and giving us a number to call back. So all is cleared up.

The only reason this was worrying us is our original plan was to take the FCC and cruise at some later date. However we now have the chance to accompany family on a different vacation a couple of months after our now canceled cruise, and the refund would help offset the expense of that trip. So we will now be taking the refund.

Edited by AFS1970

7 minutes ago, AFS1970 said:

OP's DH here with a pleasant update.

Yesterday we got a voicemail from our NCL cruise consultant outlining the original two choices and giving us a number to call back. So all is cleared up.

The only reason this was worrying us is our original plan was to take the FCC and cruise at some later date. However we now have the chance to accompany family on a different vacation a couple of months after our now canceled cruise, and the refund would help offset the expense of that trip. So we will now be taking the refund.

I’m assuming it’s the process as posted?   You will need to submit the request within the official time frame?     

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

I’m assuming it’s the process as posted?   You will need to submit the request within the official time frame?     

Yes, she basically read the original letter to us, but also said we could call with any questions.