FCC - Complicated Potential Dilemma

Stay with me here.  This is complicated.  RCCL cancelled our September cruise. My thought was to take the FCC and apply it to the balance due on our December cruise when it becomes due in September.  Both cruises are comparably priced.  Easy enough.  BUT, I just checked and for whatever reason I booked my husband as Passenger #1 on the September cruise and myself as Passenger #1 on the December cruise.  With the 60% off 2nd passenger “sale” Passenger #1 will receive a much higher FCC which would not be a problem if they were also Passenger #1 on the next cruise that I was going to use FCC to pay balance.  They are clear that FCC is non transferable so Passenger #1 on September cruise will have way too much for the December cruise where they are passenger #2 and Passenger #2 will not have nearly enough for December cruise where they are Passenger #1.  I know that sounds so convoluted but I think it will be a problem.  Has anybody had a similar situation and what was the result?  

RCI has been known to allow husband and wife to "Pool" their FCCs to pay off a cruise.   Once you get the FCC call them to apply and explain the situation.   They should be able to work it out for you.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, SailorMarg said:

Stay with me here.  This is complicated.  RCCL cancelled our September cruise. My thought was to take the FCC and apply it to the balance due on our December cruise when it becomes due in September.  Both cruises are comparably priced.  Easy enough.  BUT, I just checked and for whatever reason I booked my husband as Passenger #1 on the September cruise and myself as Passenger #1 on the December cruise.  With the 60% off 2nd passenger “sale” Passenger #1 will receive a much higher FCC which would not be a problem if they were also Passenger #1 on the next cruise that I was going to use FCC to pay balance.  They are clear that FCC is non transferable so Passenger #1 on September cruise will have way too much for the December cruise where they are passenger #2 and Passenger #2 will not have nearly enough for December cruise where they are Passenger #1.  I know that sounds so convoluted but I think it will be a problem.  Has anybody had a similar situation and what was the result?  

For cruises that Royal cancelled Royal will shift money around between guests to allow as much of the FCC as possible to be used up.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

For cruises that Royal cancelled Royal will shift money around between guests to allow as much of the FCC as possible to be used up.  

Yes, this was our experience even when using the KSF promotion we had when our May cruise was cancelled by RCI.

• Like 1

Just take the money now and request a refund for your deposit when the cancel the December cruise.  I wouldn't make final payment on any cruise until sailing resumes.  There's a fairly good chance that the December cruise will be cancelled.  Given the current situation take the money.  There will be plenty of sales when they resume sailing.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, SailorMarg said:

I have a similar issue.  When I booked our Easter Harmony cruise the RCL agent made my granddaughter #1 and my SIL #2, at 60% off.  When I booked our Easter '21 Anthem cruise, my TA agent made the proper identification.  Therefore when applying the FCC there's a balance on my granddaughter fare and a shortfall on my SIL.  

Edited by nelblu

9 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I have a similar issue.  When I booked our Easter Harmony cruise the RCL agent made my granddaughter #1 and my SIL #2, at 60% off.  When I booked our Easter '21 Anthem cruise, my TA agent made the proper identification.  Therefore when applying the FCC there's a balance on my granddaughter fare and a shortfall on my SIL.  

If the FCC is from a cruise that Royal cancelled don’t worry about it...they will adjust.  If you cancelled the cruise then they won’t move amounts around so you should have your TA move guests around on your new reservation before applying the FCC...very easy to do and won’t result in any repricing. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We got my June 13th cruise cancelled and got the  E-Mail with the FCC this Wednesday. I had been checking the same cruise for next year and I knew that the price had gone down. We immediately book it again but with a better cabin. With the 2nd passenger 60% off, our TA changed me to passenger #2 so I get a bigger part of the credit and my friend used most of her credit since she doesn’t travel a lot. I hope you can do the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 9:44 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

If the FCC is from a cruise that Royal cancelled don’t worry about it...they will adjust.  If you cancelled the cruise then they won’t move amounts around so you should have your TA move guests around on your new reservation before applying the FCC...very easy to do and won’t result in any repricing. 

Thank you for all the helpful information, @Ourusualbeach!  

Do you know... Is there a way to move passengers around if you booked without a TA, or will I need to call Royal?  

On 6/25/2020 at 7:30 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

Just take the money now and request a refund for your deposit when the cancel the December cruise.  I wouldn't make final payment on any cruise until sailing resumes.  There's a fairly good chance that the December cruise will be cancelled.  Given the current situation take the money.  There will be plenty of sales when they resume sailing.

That's what I would do.  Even if a few ships sail in December, who knows which ones.  Or where they'll go.  Though they might have to eat the deposit or get a FCC for it.  So far RCCL isn't cancelling cruises prior to final payment....

Edited by bouhunter