EU Canada yes, USA no.

Oville

40 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

For sure, I’ve seen flights out of Canada to the EU (back in business); yet GoC is still advising against non-essential travel which in our case (could be different for others), our medical insurance outside of CA would be kaputzied.

In addition, the mandatory 14-day Quarantine is still into effect until end of August 2020 and most likely will be extended.  Violators of the Quarantine Act are subject to up to $750,000 - $1 million fine and up to 3 years in prison if lives are put at risk.  Since we would have to return to work (ie., we are not happily retired as of yet); this most definitely keeps us from heading to YYZ.

We would love to travel, but with GoC advisories still in play - safely staying at home ... fingers crossed for 2021 🐳🌻

Here is my email offer (from this morning) from Air Canada = big NOPE!  not going to happen ... they are trying though ...

219508972_ScreenShot2020-07-09at10_05_46AM.thumb.png.1b87f668631a78b9b9136eb3fc9ed574.png

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

My sister and her husband booked Air Transat  return Paris from September 19 to 30th from Toronto just yesterday with no problem.  I have no idea why your flight was cancelled, so it seems to be quite inconsistent booking flights.  They are aware that they will need to quarantine most likely when they return.

Thanks Lady Arwen. You are right, the flights are very inconsistent. It worked out fine for us because our Globus land trip in France was cancelled too. 

Big thing for Canadians is not to accept the garbage Canadian airline approach of only Future Credit - get your hard earned $ back via a the credit card dispute route.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

My sister and her husband booked Air Transat  return Paris from September 19 to 30th from Toronto just yesterday with no problem.  I have no idea why your flight was cancelled, so it seems to be quite inconsistent booking flights.  They are aware that they will need to quarantine most likely when they return.

I have read that there have been issues on AT with them booking flights that are then cancelled.  So have them keep a close eye on this.  It has been discussed on the Canadian Air passenger rights Facebook group.   So hope is not the case.

10 minutes ago, downsmead said:

No cruises from the UK judging by this announcement, or U.K. citizens going on a cruise 😢

CBBC1A77-548E-4F2B-886D-F50C6AC081AF.jpeg

Most of the story is behind the pay wall but sounds like that is the death knell for what some thought would be an opening some time this fall.

Maybe Asia now?

• Like 1

The problem is that the FCO has issued advice but no dates attached 🤷‍♀️. As always, it invalidates travel insurance, so a ‘ban’ by the back door so to speak.
It looks as though it will be end of any summer / autumn sailings from here. Possibly Hurtigruten were a bit quick off the mark! Cunard have cancelled until November I believe. In essence Southampton and other UK ports will be shut.

With Americans excluded from the EU and now UK cruisers, any European sailings may not have sufficient people to make the break even!

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 10:34 PM, Oville said:

Interesting that Canada is welcomed back to the EU but not Americans.

EU countries are not welcome in the US

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

European Schengen areaexternal icon (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City)

Edited by Fogfog

The UK  FCO Independent News story is a bit of a no news click bait story(which sadly the whole UK media has degenerated into)  - yes the facts are there - but as we can see here in the UK and as a few cruise company's have worked out (here and in the EU) its the  usual pointless unenforceable advisory from govts who seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place  - advice and nothing more)

TBH its irrelevant for a UKer on Hurti as an example or a German on Aida as long as they sail in there own country  port to port only and only visit there own country (or view others without stepping off)  (and TBH this is creating a lot of new and great itineraries on low capacity ships)

Personally I would feel happier cruising with strict controls and hygiene than using my restaurant voucher (who dreamt that up) or entering a pub or supermarket where its basically returned to business as usual (with again  Advice that sadly most ignore)

Edited by ighten
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1