The Daily for Sunday Jul 5, 2020

richwmn

today is Build A Scarecrow Day and National Apple Turnover Day

A lot of people are afraid of heights.  Not me.  I'm afraid of widths.
        -- Steve Wright

Meal suggestion for today - Pan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables

Wine for today - Selbach-Oster Riesling Kabinett Halbtrocken Mosel Zeltinger Himmelreich vintage 2015

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Singapore eta 7/5
Maasdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17
Veendam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam destination Punta Arenas eta 7/5

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Manila Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam
Rotterdam
Volendam
Zuiderdam

Singapore Anchorage
Amsterdam
Eurodam
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

Thanks for the Daily Report.

Love Steven Wright, great quote.

Dinner and wine suggestions sound great, but it's too hot to have the oven on.  I'm going to put something in the crock pot.

Have a wonderful day.   Stay healthy.

• Like 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂

And the great quote - you had me laughing 😄 

I’d happily build a scarecrow if it would keep the deer away 😉 

Chicken it is for tonight and wine of course.  Your wine suggestion sounds lovely.

• Like 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites and my CC Sisters!  Hope everyone is doing great!

Great quote, thank you for the laugh.

I will need to check out the wine, as I discovered on my last cruise - not all Rieslings are the same. I am not a fan of sweet wines, so I will need to read the description. 

@kazu, our deer seem to be getting bolder. Here is a pic of the almost spotless baby turning into a “peeping fawn” at my neighbor’s house.  Even Bindi’s arrival on the scene did not phase it one bit!

Stay well everyone!

72744260-CDBD-4F14-A1F9-AD8B3262BB12.jpeg

• Like 5

Scarecrow - very funny | Funny cartoons, Animated movies funny ...

Good morning Rich. You outdid yourself this morning. Blessings to all my fellow Daily-ites and of course Cat and Denise.

So we had a big set back yesterday. Allen got very ill, vomiting and 102 fever. I could hardly get him to the car. Went to our clinic, who immediately sent us to the hospital where he checked in at 104 fever. He has had all tests but an MRI scheduled for this morning. 2 tests negative for Covid. Doctor's believe it is an infection, possibly gallbladder. I couldn't be with him or even in the ER, so sat in the car for 6 hours til they called me and said Allen was going to spend 24 to 48 hours under observation and to go home. His fever has reduced to normal. Please, please, pray for him.

Blessings, Joy

• Like 4

Having been on each of the ships in the HAL fleet, I can visualize each of them at their "pause" anchorages. My question this morning is .... does anyone know what level of maintenance is being carried out by the "pause" level crew? 

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

@kazu, our deer seem to be getting bolder. Here is a pic of the almost spotless baby turning into a “peeping fawn” at my neighbor’s house.  Even Bindi’s arrival on the scene did not phase it one bit!

Stay well everyone!

72744260-CDBD-4F14-A1F9-AD8B3262BB12.jpeg

Our deer are very bold here, cat.  They don’t run from us or even from the dogs when we are walking until we are very close - closer than physical distancing 😉

The only thing that saves my gardens is a fence.

They are a concern here for many of us as they can carry Lyme disease and while I don’t mind picking up after the dogs, I don’t want to pick up after the deer 😉 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Allen got very ill, vomiting and 102 fever. I could hardly get him to the car. Went to our clinic, who immediately sent us to the hospital where he checked in at 104 fever. He has had all tests but an MRI scheduled for this morning. 2 tests negative for Covid. Doctor's believe it is an infection, possibly gallbladder. I couldn't be with him or even in the ER, so sat in the car for 6 hours til they called me and said Allen was going to spend 24 to 48 hours under observation and to go home. His fever has reduced to normal. Please, please, pray for him.

Oh my heavens, Joy!  How scary 😞 

Definitely he will be in our prayers 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Rich. You outdid yourself this morning. Blessings to all my fellow Daily-ites and of course Cat and Denise.

So we had a big set back yesterday. Allen got very ill, vomiting and 102 fever. I could hardly get him to the car. Went to our clinic, who immediately sent us to the hospital where he checked in at 104 fever. He has had all tests but an MRI scheduled for this morning. 2 tests negative for Covid. Doctor's believe it is an infection, possibly gallbladder. I couldn't be with him or even in the ER, so sat in the car for 6 hours til they called me and said Allen was going to spend 24 to 48 hours under observation and to go home. His fever has reduced to normal. Please, please, pray for him.

Blessings, Joy

Joy - Nooooooo! I will keep you both in my prayers. Promise me that you will take care of yourself through this ordeal. 

You both deserve so much better than this. Virtual hugs winging there way. 

Ann (aka cat)

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Blessings, Joy

Sending prayers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Love the quote of the day; it seems I'm done growing tall, now I'm growing wide.  Great dinner suggestion, but we've got leftover burgers and dogs to finish up after yesterday, so that's what'll be on our menu tonight.  And wine.

@Seasick Sailor   I'm sorry to hear your hubby's ill; please know I will keep you in my prayers - for his quick and complete recovery, and for strength for you to get him through it.  How frightening for you in a new place, without your usual group of friends to help shore you up.   May God bless both of you.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

So we had a big set back yesterday. ...  so sat in the car for 6 hours til they called me and said Allen was going to spend 24 to 48 hours under observation and to go home. His fever has reduced to normal. Please, please, pray for him.

Glad his fever is down and hope the doctors are able to quickly determine what the cause is/was. So hard not to be able to be with him. Keeping you and him in thoughts.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Singapore eta 7/5
Maasdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17
Veendam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17

Thank you very much for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the illness.

Does anyone have knowledge about why Maasdam and Veendam are heading toward the Suez Canal (other than just getting to the Mediterranean...)?

• Thanks 1

Riesling is good!  

Deer in the backyard is common for a friend of mine.  She planted all the deer-proof plants and shrubs which which was told deer would not even look at.  Keeping them away saves their veg garden.

The deer stand around munching on these very plants while she wildly waves her arms at them and yells.  A truce of a sort was achieved as she lets them eat.  They do stay out of the veg garden now  :) 

• Haha 1

Good morning all and thank you rich for the daily.  Love the quote, so true during inactive times.  I can't blame the wide on being on a cruise😂.  Chicken will be on an upcoming menu, just not today!   The line ups at our wine stores are just too long to be bothered, so, we make do and eke out our limited supply.  Joy, my thoughts are with you and Alan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Blessings, Joy

OMGOSH Joy!!! I pray for both of you! Thank God Allen’s fever is down. I am hugging you right now Joy and sending a lot of love and will be thinking of both of you! Your strength and the love of GOD will 

get you through this time! Please keep us all informed but most of all keep strong for you as well as our dear Allen!

❤️Love you Joy

Denise🌺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

Like the quote and also the apple turnover suggestion.  Apple anything is my DH favorites.

Joy, so sorry to hear about Alan's illness.  Especially hard when you can't see him and judge for yourself how he is and to support each other.  Prayers are with both of you.  Lauri

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't have any reason to build a scarecrow. Would love some apple turnovers.

Meal suggestion for today - Pan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables sounds really good.

Major hugs to all the dailyites....trying times for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Joy, I'm sorry for Allen's illness.  I'll be praying that he recovers very quickly.  Hope it's not the gallbladder.

Rich, thanks for the report.  Ships on the move.  One thing I really want to do is the Suez Canal.  Wish I were there with them.

The BC government has had a hard time keeping their rangers this year.  Had to train a few newbies:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6