China Travel Warning

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Whats new, China told porkies re Covid19, did they not ?  I don't want to get too political. This is not a political site.

Things are escalating uncle les.

As someone in the pentagon just said they are coming at us with everything.

You May have to put a uniform back on . How about a tank with a blue light on top of it.

17 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Things are escalating uncle les.

As someone in the pentagon just said they are coming at us with everything.

You May have to put a uniform back on . How about a tank with a blue light on top of it.

I saw on the news, Royal Australian Navy ships are in the South China Sea, or is that old news?   USA has sent a Nimitz Carrier Task Force, some muscle in that lot.  Most of the ADF is manning the road blocks in Vic and Qld., sailors included, get back to Garden Island people, your ship awaits. Bombs away chaps. 

I am refusing a return to active service in any uniform, blue or khaki, even though I was also an Army Reservist (CMF - Weekend Warriors) in the late 60's, early 70's. No more camping and compo rations for this little black duck, I like my comforts in my twilight years, no inside cabins on the ships either.   NSWP's Nemisis is on the way, Lyle's favourite vessel, he will be happy..Nemesis.jpg.e20ccdacf626dfbe0225a9d28fce59c9.jpg

Edited by NSWP

On 7/10/2020 at 7:43 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Singapore has become too expensive these days although you can still get good cheap food at hawker stalls and local restaurants. But it's a nice place to visit occasionally.

We were last in Singapore in 2018 during the Singapore Summit. Our accommodation was the Treetops Executive Apartments.  We had Trump one street away from us at the Shangri-La and Kim on the other side of us at the St Regis. Interesting getting to our hotel.  Security and media were intense as you would expect.   One of our trip highlights was a tour of The Battlebox - a WWII bunker in Fort Canning Park.  Highly recommend this tour  if anyone gets the opportunity to visit Singapore in the future.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We were last in Singapore in 2018 during the Singapore Summit. Our accommodation was the Treetops Executive Apartments.  We had Trump one street away from us at the Shangri-La and Kim on the other side of us at the St Regis.  Security and media were intense as you would expect.   One of our trip highlights was a tour of The Battlebox - a WWII bunker in Fort Canning Park.  Highly recommend this tour  if anyone gets the opportunity to visit Singapore in the future.

The Battle Box in Fort Canning Park is really great, those effigies of the Generals, staff officers etc, great history.  The Singapore Museum is also great. We visited another display on Sentosa Island, about the surrender etc, all the effigies, Japanese, Australian, Brits etc.  A visit to Changi is also good to, the chapel etc. Singapore is just a great place.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

The Battle Box in Fort Canning Park is really great, those effigies of the Generals, staff officers etc, great history.  The Singapore Museum is also great. We visited another display on Sentosa Island, about the surrender etc, all the effigies, Japanese, Australian, Brits etc.  A visit to Changi is also good to, the chapel etc. Singapore is just a great place.

Hope to get back to Singapore in the future.  The display on Sentosa sounds interesting.  Will have to research it before we go.

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Two must see’s for Au and NZ citizens in Asia ......

- The Chapel at Changi Prison

- The Commonwealth Military Cemetery at the Bridge on the river Kwai.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s pretty bad that a government tell lies like that.

You should see what they did with Palau. Lots of Chinese use to visit Palau but the country refused to stop supporting Taiwan so China "requested" that their travel agents stop offering Palau as a tourist destination. Palau lost their biggest source of tourism overnight. So far China is only soft banning Australia😟.

Edited by ilikeanswers