The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

3 hours ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

I just received an email from Crystal at 10:42am this morning re:

"As a valued Crystal customer, we would like to hear your thoughts and feedback on your cruising experience with us. 

We have recently worked with Qualtrics, a third party software that creates smooth and effective online surveys (15-20 min). And because your opinion matters to us, we would love for you to take part.

When clicking through the link, you will be taken through the Qualtrics online platform where you will be presented with some quick and easy multiple-choice questions."

Which country are you based in?
Australia  U.K.  U.S.A.   OTHER.  As we are from Canada I checked OTHER. This was the response: We thank you for your time spent taking this survey.
Your response has been recorded.
Needless to say I was ticked off. We have. cruised with Crystal since 1995, including 2 World Cruises as well as the Inaugural Cruise in 2023 and then: JAN 5 - FEB 3, 2024 - 31 DAYS.
Question is: are we the only Canadians who received this and if so why were we sent this Survey? I
Perhaps we are not considered worthy enough for Crystal....
Pat & Ray

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reaching out and for the feedback.

We have experienced some glitches with our survey and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. They are now fixed and you can retake the survey. 

Please let us know if you have any questions and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Pat, I checked with Crystal. It is being fixed. I also tested it out so I could see it first hand.

Keith

Thank you Keith for doing this and for testing it yourself.

Now I am thankful that I was not able to do the survey.

I should have realized that it was amiss, but I didn't.

Once again you came to the rescue.

Pat

• Like 1

Happy 4th of July to members from the United States. It will be a hot day across most of the country.

The years seem to go by in a blink of an eye.  For me it seems like yesterday when we celebrated the bi-centennial.  We were in University and stayed in Washington DC that Summers I was running the student portion of Freshman Orientation  

Spent the day and evening at the National Mall. I remember Johnny Cash was the featured entertainer and the Fireworks were done by a French Company.

Future years included The Beach Boys.

When we moved to the suburbs of San Francisco each year we would attend the towns 4th of July parade. We would get there an hour before as our daughter was in the parade. Fast forward 10 years after we moved and returned to the town for vacation and people would put chairs out the day before.  That shows what population growth can do. People worried about getting a spot. Not a chair hog like you find on a ship but similar.

For those who like to barbecue a great day to do that.

Lots of good memories of the 4th.

Maybe I'll watch the movie 1776 today. Loved the play which we've seen several times and the movie too.

IMG_4298.jpeg.3e93e44a899f08e363d59ed2fc1af9a5.jpeg

Where I live now each neighborhood has one or more of these monuments (we have two) and they are decorated for several holidays throughout the year.  

Happy 4th.

Keith

• Like 7

And a very Happy 4th to you Keith and your family.  Enjoy the day and enjoy the fireworks tonight.  It's very, very hot here in scottsdale, like around 112 degrees today and 117 forecast for tomorrow.  Yikes!   I don't have any special plans for today.  Just spending it with my best friend, Cooper.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from my 2022 QM2 cruise.  On July 4 we visited Boston:

dawn704c.JPG.365f50903528e6141b20ff5060bbbdde.JPG

Roy

Ever since you told us about this cruise, I’ve yearned to take it. So awesome!

What would you say the percent of Brits vs Americans as among the cruisers, Roy?