Cunard new build.

majortom10

5 hours ago, Underwatr said:

More fodder for the ship name rumor mill:

LeBron James blocks Carnival Cruise Line's attempt to register 'King James' trademark

Of course it could be part of an elaborate smoke screen from Cunard.

Interesting to note that, according to the database I searched, "King James" was the registered trademark of a non-alcoholic fruit drink up to December of last year, when it was apparently abandoned. There is no evidence that LeBron James ever applied for trademark protection for that term, so if he was using that term for himself, he would have been in violation of trademark protection prior to December 2019.

Seems a bit over the top to claim proprietary use of a phrase that has been used to describe a particular translation of the Bible for several hundred years prior to his being born.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

Interesting to note that, according to the database I searched, "King James" was the registered trademark of a non-alcoholic fruit drink up to December of last year, when it was apparently abandoned. There is no evidence that LeBron James ever applied for trademark protection for that term, so if he was using that term for himself, he would have been in violation of trademark protection prior to December 2019.

Seems a bit over the top to claim proprietary use of a phrase that has been used to describe a particular translation of the Bible for several hundred years prior to his being born.

When it comes to over paid celebs make under educated statements, we in the US have the market cornered .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2020 at 6:50 AM, ExArkie said:

Trademarks (in UK anyway) apply to a particular class of product and there are dozens of classes: you register a TM for the class your product or service operates in. So the Beatles had Apple as their trademark record label, while the eponymous computer firm had it for their products. If no one else has it, I could set up as Apple Cruises. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Would that be the annual report you're talking about there?

4 hours ago, BlueRiband said:

It's in the "10-K" report that Carnival has to file with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.

Carnival Corporation 10-K January 26, 2021

Exactly, page 11 has the whole lists of newbuilts for Carnival Corp.

steamboats

8 hours ago, BlueRiband said:

It's in the "10-K" report that Carnival has to file with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.

Carnival Corporation 10-K January 26, 2021

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

Exactly, page 11 has the whole lists of newbuilts for Carnival Corp.

steamboats

Thanks very much. Good to see it's still there, in black and white, at least.

11 hours ago, Ray66 said:

It's on page 9 for me.  It says expected delivery date of December 2023. So that's really 2024. A long way off from now and of August 2022 as originally expected.

At least they haven't cancelled it. 

It can hardly come as a surprise the due date has been moved. I imagine the shipyard may have been shut down for months with this outbreak and the supply chain has probably been disrupted as well. Or do you think the push back is a financial issue?

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

At least they haven't cancelled it. 

It can hardly come as a surprise the due date has been moved. I imagine the shipyard may have been shut down for months with this outbreak and the supply chain has probably been disrupted as well. Or do you think the push back is a financial issue?

A bit of both but a lot more edging towards being pushed back by Cunard due to finances.