Free Sprecialty Dining Promotion

tert333

3 hours ago, bubbapuck said:

I called Princess and they said this is for new bookings only. It seems like alot of you got it added?

The official statement is that it is only for new bookings, but many have succeeded in having it added to an existing booking, sometimes keeping the original booking number and sometimes getting a new one.

Call Princess again. You will reach a different agent who may have a different answer.

• Like 1

I just sent an email to my crack PVP whom I sure will state that my cruise 12/2021 is not eligible ... then I will call Princess and take my chances

cruise fare has gone up, and we booked under the old BEST2DG promotion ...

19 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I just sent an email to my crack PVP whom I sure will state that my cruise 12/2021 is not eligible ... then I will call Princess and take my chances

cruise fare has gone up, and we booked under the old BEST2DG promotion ...

wow ... already added !

• Like 2

We are Canadians, booked with Canadian TA in US$. This morning I asked her to add the free dining to our existing booking for Jan. 2021. Princess told her it would be an additional $5. per person and we took it.

Sadly I'm not very optimistic about our cruise proceeding anyway, Australia and New Zealand may not be welcoming tourists in January. But we'll see!

This just showed up on both legs of my Alaska b2b for August 2021. In a full suite so that means 2 free specialty meals on each leg.  Now get that vaccine going so I can have fun

44 minutes ago, seachelt said:

We are Canadians, booked with Canadian TA in US$. This morning I asked her to add the free dining to our existing booking for Jan. 2021. Princess told her it would be an additional $5. per person and we took it.

Sadly I'm not very optimistic about our cruise proceeding anyway, Australia and New Zealand may not be welcoming tourists in January. But we'll see!

That charge is from your TA. I never pay fees like that with my TA or with Princess direct. 

On 7/15/2020 at 2:36 PM, JudithLynne said:

This did not work for us.  We have linked back to back cruises next May.  We added the dinner to the final cruise as there was no change in booking price.  We were unable to add it to the first cruise unless we paid the current booking price which was $190 more.

Needless to say we are disappointed Elite members (29 Princess cruises).

PCUR....if you have any suggestions we would love to hear them.

This is puzzling me, because my experience was with a b2b also.  I even called back the next day because I forgot to have them apply the specialty dining to my other Princess cruise, and that was no problem, either.  

I don't understand why people are reporting here about what appears to be re-pricing when they apply the dining promo.  There isn't supposed to be any re-pricing: they just add the dining promo code to the booking.  My third cruise did not have the booking number changed, and the Big Box TA said she thought it was because the first two were linked b2b.

I suggest you call back and have them check with Princess again. I'm not sure if you booked direct or with a TA, but I'd give it another shot and have them explain why they cannot apply it to the first cruise in your b2b.  It's in 2021 or 2022, right?

Good luck.

3 hours ago, seachelt said:

Who knows, if they cancel your cruise you might be able to take the free specialty dining with you to the next one.  I've been "ship hopping" reservations 3 times in the last 2 months.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 7:03 AM, bubbapuck said:

Does anyone know if rebooking and getting a new booking number effectas your cruise in any way? I have heard that when you do this type of rebooking you lose your original date of booking. This means you lose some sort of seniority when it comes to requests like having a table for two.Does anyone know if this exists or it is just urban legend?

It's funny that you mentioned that. On one cruise we were on (with a rather surly matre'd) I went immediately after getting on the ship & asked for a table for two. He actually said "you booked late, we don't have any", so there must be some truth to it.

3 hours ago, victory2020 said:

It's funny that you mentioned that. On one cruise we were on (with a rather surly matre'd) I went immediately after getting on the ship & asked for a table for two. He actually said "you booked late, we don't have any", so there must be some truth to it.

Gotta love those "first day let's get rude" maitre 'd.  I just ask to be put on a waiting list, and check with SOMEONE ELSE that evening and the next evening.  

We had a "somewhere between rude and a miscommunication" with a dining manager on a HAL cruise once.  It was a long one, because we were going from Sydney to Seattle, so at least 3-4 weeks.  He told us he wouldn't be able to assign us a table for 2 for the whole cruise, but only a few days in advance.  This was after hit or miss tables for 3 nights.  We finally went up to the buffet for 10 nights.  When we got back to the dining room, he wanted to know where we had gone, and we told him nicely that since he couldn't accommodate us, we went to the buffet.  We had our table for the rest of the cruise.  I guess he wasn't happy that our daily tips were going into the general pool instead of to a specific waiter on his team.

When I booked Alaska 2021 it came with $150.00 pp shipboard credit. If I try to get the specialty dinning I would loose the shipboard credit. Make sure you are not loosing a perk when you booked just to get specialty dinning.

40 minutes ago, Photofinish4 said:

When I booked Alaska 2021 it came with $150.00 pp shipboard credit. If I try to get the specialty dinning I would loose the shipboard credit. Make sure you are not loosing a perk when you booked just to get specialty dinning.

it's been reported here, including myself, that you are able to add the specialty 'dining' to an existing booking without 'losing' any perks already applied

well worth a phone call to most, but not all as it is not worth their time for such a meager amount ...🤑

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Photofinish4 said:

As mentioned by Voljeep above, I was able to add the specialty dining without any changes to my current booking including my $125 onboard credits. Nothing changed at all... booking number, costs, onboard credits. All the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

it's been reported here, including myself, that you are able to add the specialty 'dining' to an existing booking without 'losing' any perks already applied

well worth a phone call to most, but not all as it is not worth their time for such a meager amount ...🤑

I didn’t even have to call. I believe my PVP (who is great) just added it

• Like 2

I just cancelled a cruised, booked another and saw the specialty dining was included.  Sailing by myself, I don't usually do those (have when I sailed with friends) but I will.

Edited by susancruzs

1 hour ago, soloadventurer said:

I cant see the offer online ?

go to the Princess website - Look under "Deals"

I would also advise you to read this entire thread as opinions/results are all over the place

stay safe

peace out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soloadventurer said:

I cant see the offer online ?

Go to your cruise as if you are going to book it. It shows specialty dinner included.  Phone your TA and say you want the free dinner added to your existing booking. 

worth calling- I got the dinners added and rep gave me a price drop that did not show on website. My booking number stayed the same. 

5 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

This is all I’m getting princess.com 

I’m booked on a Calf 9th Oct 21 

Do a search for your cruise as if you were a new customer. Once you find it, you should see a red banner showing the deal. I have attached a sample of my cruise. 

04CD0569-3D14-4E10-920F-1D7C9BAC16F8.png

Edited by bubbapuck
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

Thanks tried that just brining up the offer i have £50pp deposit 

I wonder if it is because you are in another country? What is your exact cruise and I will look it up on my end and see. Is it the California coast cruise on 10/9/21?

39 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

I wonder if it is because you are in another country? What is your exact cruise and I will look it up on my end and see. Is it the California coast cruise on 10/9/21?

I’m in the UK - thank you 9th Oct 21 California on the Majestic 

1 minute ago, soloadventurer said:

I’m in the UK - thank you 9th Oct 21 California on the Majestic 

I see the deal for that cruise. I would call your TA or PVP and ask. I did and got it attached with no changes to my current booking. 

A9CDBDE9-B162-4869-AD33-5A51184B8078.png

• Like 1